• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

This is either Cover 3 match(but then I don't know what DS#18 is doing) or Cover 2 (but then I don't know what DS #6 is doing). This simple route combo with the deep cross coming from strong side eats up Cover 3/Cover 1.

Staley likes to cycle the weakside deep zone in the Cover 2 toward the strong side to disguise coverage of on the crosser while the strong side safety has leverage over the top.

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

Dak was good, and Moore's plan was savvy. They used a short passing game as an alternative to the run game, throwing outside a lot.

I'm not sure Charger safeties will need to respect the deep threat. Seems there was only 1 pass attempt around 25-30 yards (air distance under 40). I'd scout Dak in pregame. Is he even trying to throw deep with professional level zip?
      They have speed so you still have to cover deep. They were executing on the short pass so we have to play like ASJ and come up and tackle.

Cover 1/3 is getting outdated. In trying to cover everything you end up with safeties covering nothing, hung out to dry.

If Herbert is as accurate as he was vs WFT there will be a lot of air yards.

Comment

• DragonIce
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2021
        • Arizona
        • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
        They have speed so you still have to cover deep.
        I'm speaking purely from a health scouting standpoint. There were some who speculated Dak's going to be needing to manage his injury all year. If that's the case Dallas coaches could have a strict no-fly zone for him on longer passes. Only game 2/17.

Again, lots of conflicting reports about his real health. Some said could be year long dynamic. And some analysts said Prescott's passes did *not* have much zip in game 1.

Comment

• DragonIce
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2021
          • Arizona
          • Send PM

Charger fans will chuckle:

Cowboys were 32nd ranked team in special teams (week 1, DVOA)

Two Missed fields, one Extra Point, Return game breakdown.

Comment

• equivocation
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2021
            • Send PM

I'm speaking purely from a health scouting standpoint. There were some who speculated Dak's going to be needing to manage his injury all year. If that's the case Dallas coaches could have a strict no-fly zone for him on longer passes. Only game 2/17.

Again, lots of conflicting reports about his real health. Some said could be year long dynamic. And some analysts said his passes did *not* have much zip in game 1.
            More the reason to stay with 1 man under zone and keep eyes if the passes are coming in slow.

Getting beat over the top because you're assuming he can't sling it 40 yards would suck. If someone is wide open even a wobbler will do.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Please keep this thread about the game or the cowboys. This is starting to come off political. Ill start deleting posts. And members if they dont stop.

Comment

• DragonIce
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2021
                • Arizona
                • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                More the reason to stay with 1 man under zone and keep eyes if the passes are coming in slow.
                Something for me to mull on there, good point.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I think if Fitzpatrick played the entire game, it would have been easier for us to keep Gibson in check. Heinecke stepping in threw a curve ball adding a dual threat type QB.
                  Take away his one long run and he got 63 yards the rest of the game. That is contained imo.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

I don't know if this means anything.

The Chargers are 9th after week 1 in total offense with 424 yards on the road against WFT's defense.

The Cowboys are 3rd with 451 yards on the road against Tampa's defense.

The Bucs are 7th with 431 yards at home against Dallas' defense.

WFT is 28th with 259 yards at home against the Chargers' defense.

(It should be noted that Pittsburg, with an impressive win over the Bills in Buffalo, had less offense than WFT, as did the Packers v. NO.)

(The Raiders lead the league in offense due to playing an OT game.)

Comment

• DragonIce
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2021
                      • Arizona
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                      Take away his one long run and he got 63 yards the rest of the game. That is contained imo.
                      It certainly wasn't bad run defense.

But I admit that I definitely expected a bit better...

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

We had all offseason to come up with a game plan for handling the Redskins front 7 and came up with a masterful plan and executed it almost to perfection. Rivera admitted after the game that it was very difficult to prepare for as there was no game film and nobody played in the preseason so about all they could do was watch some Saints and Ram game film. Now that there is game film on us and we only have a normal week of prep, the chess match begins.

Having said that...in Staley I trust. I have mentioned it a couple of times, but it was so refreshing to go for the win instead of turtling up and trying to somehow hang on.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Charger fans will chuckle:

Cowboys were 32nd ranked team in special teams (week 1, DVOA)

Two Missed fields, one Extra Point, Return game breakdown.
                          Now that the Titans have cut Bankrupt Bags, he IS available...

Comment

Working...
                          X