Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Tigerbolt View Post

Signed up today and my first post: Been a Charger fan all my life but went to school at Memphis and still follow the program closely. Gibson and Pollard were studs for the Tigers. Give them an opening and they will burn you. D needs to Bolt Up and close up everything!
    Good to have you @TPB!
    Look forward to hearing your football takes.
    As the Founder says ——— ALOHA
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• DragonIce
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2021
      • Arizona
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

He took a lot of plays on the sideline. He looked good had good explosion but he still is off the field in some key situations which is a head scratcher.
      Most NFL teams rotate their front four, including their stars.

I've lost track of how often I've heard Cowboy fans complain that Tank Lawrence needs rest and isn't always in. The game is different now. Rotations are standard.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
        Biggest ? I have right now is... How good was Collins against TB? If a big drop off there plus Gallup out is huge. Chargers catching Dallas at home now is a nice break.
        Need to run hard at Demarcus Lawrence and chip or double him every passing play he lines up against Storm.
        Have Ekkie do his thing vs. Lawrence...worked pretty good vs. the Skins...

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

Most fans in Dallas, and objectives analysts across the nation were impressed by Dallas in Game one, loss though it was.

You weren't impressed!?
          Count me as one of those impressed. They looked good against the Super Bowl champs playing their home opener. Dak didn't appear to have any rust.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Remember guys it was exactly 1 year ago we kept saying Bosa kept tiring out too easy. Well yesterday was a hot game (90's) yet Bosa brought it all 4 quarters. The sack, fumble, the QB chase down from behind, the QB hits and hurries. Staley's system is freeing up Bosa!
            Bosa didn't have much help last year, and some of the players on the D-line from last year are still here. The ones who left aren't suited for Staley. I still see some of the same problems from last year regardless of system. The team still needs to generate more pass rush. All the team had last year was Bosa and Nwosu who is still here and is too inconsistent. Bosa was overworked because the other pass rushers that the team had sucked.

Last year we had Ingram who was becoming useless and a shell of himself. We had Rochell who was the backup to Bosa, he was not good to use as an edge rusher. This year we have Fackrell, who is contributing to the defense and was splitting time with Nwosu in the opener. This is the difference now. Soon they'll have to get Rumph involved in the defense.

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Sometimes guys need a breather and would hurt the team being in. Young was not in the game on the 3rd and 16 play late in the most obvious passing situation ever.
            D-line is the most physically demanding of all the position groups on the football team. They expend their energy the quickest because of all the hitting or tackling, coupled with the fact of them being heavier than most other players on the team. D-linemen have to be rotated in-and-out just like the runningback group do.

This wasn't the only reason for the defense's failures under Lynn and Bradley. But it was a big contributor. The pass rush depth was bad. It showed itself again in the Washington game. Staley and Hill will have to fix the problem. Granted, not every team flaw can be fixed in one season. Hopefully, they mitigate the issues that have been a problem left behind by their predecessors.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
              I expect our defensive plan will be very different this next game. I expected a lot more run focus from WFT and we still only allowed 126 yards on the ground and 133 in the air for 5th in the league in yards. I expect to give up more yards next week but I think our D matches up better to causes challenges for Dak too. Should be a faster pace game. Turn Bosa loose.
              Staley's Rams D held Dak & The Boys to 17 pts last year. It's a new day and they've good to excellent receivers but Staley had success against that O.
              Now we have current film of Dal D vs TB. Lombardi / Herbert vs Dal will be interesting. We should outscore them.

Comment

• Xenos
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

So it looks like Dan Quinn is a true Cover 3 heavy box proponent.

We have 3 coaches on staff (Staley, Lombardi, Day) who come from coaching staffs (McVay, Payton, Shannahan) with a lot of experience killing cover 3. Everything old is new and goes in cycles and yada yada but right now there is a lot of knowledge about route combos that kill cover 3.

I would also expect some RPOs and more outside zone this week. No need to run dives at their IDL.

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

Young was on the field for the 3rd and 16. But so was Slater.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                      Young was on the field for the 3rd and 16. But so was Slater.
                      Saw that after I posted it - was repeating what I had read somewhere, clearly wrong. Makes me even more impressed with Slater.

Comment

• floydefisher
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • siberiacuse, ny
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                        Dallas and Zak looked pretty damn good against the reigning SB champs. Home field advantage is the only reason the Chargers are -2.5/3. Elliot won’t be contained. I’m choosing Dallas to win this one by more than 7 points.
                        I disagree.

Dallas is good at finding ways to lose.

Last week, I saw a Chargers team that found ways to win when things were definitely not going well.

Chargers by 1 in a very hard fought contest where Dallas folds at the end.
                        sigpic

Comment

• SuperCharged
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Utah
                          • Midnight Toker
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Sometimes guys need a breather and would hurt the team being in. Young was not in the game on the 3rd and 16 play late in the most obvious passing situation ever.
                          LOL well I am aware of that Rich. Watching JJ Watt. He's a work horse. Listen I know rotation. I know rotational situations. That's a fine. Bottom line is conditioning. Keeping your best players on the field more often ;obviously is going to show better results. Maybe I'm just clinging on to the way the NFL used to be. :shrug: Conditioning sucks now in the NFL since the NFLPA wrecked everything.
                          That's just my optionon of course. :stirringshit:

Comment

Working...
                          X