• Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Interesting read - thanks for posting

Jason OTC is so good with the cap stuff. He knows the tricks that teams can use at their disposal.

I wonder if the Broncos would attach a FRP - even the pick from the Dolphins to have somebody take on Wilsons contract. It would be a 40m dead cap hit but would be done with him
    I find pretty interesting that both the Raiders and the Broncos are on-the-hook for even more salary if either QB is injured. Neither are long with their prospective franchises either, IMO.

Mahomes and Herbert and their clubs cannot relate in any way.

Comment

• northerner
      Charger fan since '79
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

My friend, I've posted quite alot on the new Broncos ownership group in this very thread. It's like a group of assassins vs. the Spanos Family. You should expect dominance from the Bronco organization for the next 10 years, IMHO.

*We can all be big boys and understand her role without dragging politics into this conversation, as doing so is expressly against the wishes of the owner of this forum.
      the dominance will be more like "in 10 years" - the Wilson trade crippled their next 2 drafts. I would be bummed if that was my team.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

the dominance will be more like "in 10 years" - the Wilson trade crippled their next 2 drafts. I would be bummed if that was my team.
        I'm going to beg to differ a bit, mate. Broncos RB Javonte Williams will be back next season, they have the #26th pick overall in the 2023 draft after dealing Bradley Chubb to Miami, they have a solid defense and a decent offensive line and the best starting WR corp in the division.

Round 1: 26th overall via 49ers through Dolphins (Bradley Chubb trade)
        Round 3: own pick

Round 3: via Colts (2022 draft trade)
        Round 4: own pick
        Round 5: own pick
        Round 6: via Steelers (Malik Reed trade)

Denver's front office could trade down accruing more picks. They also have the means to make a big splash at HC in the form of head coach Jim Harbaugh.​

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I wouldn't entirely rule Wilson out.
          Maybe, he has an injury that set him back; or maybe the Donkies are cooked.:chuckle:

Wilson had a reputation for being divisive and not popular with players on Seattle .... they still won.
          Great D, a running game, a marginal Oline and Wilson: those were the ingredients up there in Seattle.

Denver imagines they have a similar team.

Their new ownership group is not Pat Bowlen ..... probably should expect very little from that organization for the next 10 year.s
          Wilson sucked his last two years in Seattle and even worse in Denver. Maybe all those sacks over all those years are catching up to him.

Comment

• northerner
            Charger fan since '79
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

I'm going to beg to differ a bit, mate. Broncos RB Javonte Williams will be back next season, they have the #26th pick overall in the 2023 draft after dealing Bradley Chubb to Miami, they have a solid defense and a decent offensive line and the best starting WR corp in the division.

Denver's front office could trade down accruing more picks. They also have the means to make a big splash at HC in the form of head coach Jim Harbaugh.​
            we'll see. we have one of the worst ownership groups and we lucked out with Herbert falling to us. success in the NFL is a tricky thing, even for a strong/wealthy ownership group.

Comment

• northerner
              Charger fan since '79
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Wilson sucked his last two years in Seattle and even worse in Denver. Maybe all those sacks over all those years are catching up to him.
              Wilson is 34, he is on a downward slope. the Tom Brady age/performance curve applies to only one guy: Tom Brady.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He's done at age 34. His legs are gone and can no longer count on those same legs to keep the play alive. Wilson is getting run down from behind by defenders consistently, as his foot-speed has deteriorated just as shockingly as his accuracy has.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

As long as Elway is involved I don't see it. The best thing he ever did was sign8ng Peyton Manning.
                  Since then he has drafted nothing but shit quarterbacks and hired a GM who gave a quarterback the worst deal ever, gave away numerous high picks for him and is playing like shit.
                  Hired a very overwhelmed HC who failed miserably.

If I'm the owner, I fire Elway but I hope they don't.
                  No talk of it on the Denver forum.

He's safe.

Elway is that grungy odor on an old pair of your once favorite sneakers, that you just can't get yourself to trash for sentimental reasons.
                  Loads of affection by the Donkey faithful for Johnny.

Last edited by powderblueboy; 12-27-2022, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Unless free agency hurts the Broncos - they have the defense; even trading Chubb. I forget his name but the other Edge Rusher was darn good
                    Bolles was hurt on the OLine, as was Tim Patrick at WR - but Sutton , Jeudy and Patrick at WR isn't bad; Dulcic at TE - not bad

Its OL and QB that the Broncos need to fix

I agree with you - they have some pieces in place

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

1 Houston 2-12-1 .494
                      2 Chicago 3-12 .567
                      3 Seattle (from Denver) 4-11 .492
                      4 Arizona 4-11 .522
                      5 Indianapolis 4-10-1 .510
                      6 Atlanta 5-10 .465
                      7 Detroit (from LA Rams) 5-10 .506
                      https://gbnreport.com/2023-first-round-selection-order/

Great Blue North selection order. Rams and Broncos blew it. Isn't it interesting that they are the Chargers next two opponents to close out the season.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

This is big. GM George Paton takes full responsibility for the unacceptable play of the 34-yr old QB he brought in in the off-season.

This public mea culpa. It's a solid move by Paton. Remember, Paton was hired by the last ownership and that is a very tenuous place to be when things start to go badly.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

https://gbnreport.com/2023-first-round-selection-order/

Great Blue North selection order. Rams and Broncos blew it. Isn't it interesting that they are the Chargers next two opponents to close out the season.
                          Funnier yet is we are the home team against the Rams. Our logo will be at midfield for Kroenke to see lol.

I hope we kick their ass!

Comment

Working...
                          X