• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

All I know is last time we played Denver (well we needed that first win bad) and LV, they both kicked our asses.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

Last year, when the defense was there, the Chargers look pretty good.
      Upgrade that defense and increases your chance to win AFCW.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        All I know is last time we played Denver (well we needed that first win bad) and LV, they both kicked our asses.
        We returned the favor on Denver. In the first game it was 28-13, Broncos win. In the second game it was 34-13, Chargers win. How was that for revenge?

Raiders needed a lot of things to go right and had a lot of luck in the week 18 game. They just barely won that game.

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
        Last year, when the defense was there, the Chargers look pretty good.
        Upgrade that defense and increases your chance to win AFCW.
        The defense last year was....

- bad at run stopping
        - so-so at pass defense
        - worst in the league on third down defense
        - lead the league with fewest punts forced on the opponent

Do you know how bad the last one is? If you don't force the opponent to punt much you'll have trouble, and it's why you can't depend on turnovers. Last year's defense was historically bad.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post
          During Rivers last year we would have been ecstatic to get Wilson, he will make a huge difference for Denver. Luckily there is enough time so the chargers can make serious upgrades to be competitive in what is now the toughest division in the NFL. If we stand still we will be passed by, don’t be delusional and think no big deal. Kansas City is the leader and have a bit of a cushion but Denver has made a huge push, Raiders not so much. The Chargers have the money to improve the defense and need to do it with both Wilson and Mahomes to go against twice a year.

A high and pass rusher to go with Bosa and a cornerback to solidify coverage in free agency. Combined with depth added through the draft. If we rely just on the draft that will not be enough. This happens year after year, the money is there and it needs to be used.
          During River’s last year, I would have been ecstatic to get an OL.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post
            During Rivers last year we would have been ecstatic to get Wilson, he will make a huge difference for Denver. Luckily there is enough time so the chargers can make serious upgrades to be competitive in what is now the toughest division in the NFL. If we stand still we will be passed by, don’t be delusional and think no big deal. Kansas City is the leader and have a bit of a cushion but Denver has made a huge push, Raiders not so much. The Chargers have the money to improve the defense and need to do it with both Wilson and Mahomes to go against twice a year.

A high and pass rusher to go with Bosa and a cornerback to solidify coverage in free agency. Combined with depth added through the draft. If we rely just on the draft that will not be enough. This happens year after year, the money is there and it needs to be used.
            KC has no "cushion" as the leaders of this division...we beat them once, and nearly swept them before dropping an overtime thriller to them late season...we are are right on their bumper, honking like crazy for right of way...remember, they got knocked off by a Bengals team we smoked a few weeks earlier....

But I am with you on the rest of your post
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

We returned the favor on Denver. In the first game it was 28-13, Broncos win. In the second game it was 34-13, Chargers win. How was that for revenge?

Raiders needed a lot of things to go right and had a lot of luck in the week 18 game. They just barely won that game.

- bad at run stopping
              - so-so at pass defense

Do you know how bad the last one is? If you don't force the opponent to punt much you'll have trouble, and it's why you can't depend on turnovers. Last year's defense was historically bad.
              Add in the worst net punting average so when you did punt - you lost field position

Its fine if the Chargers want to upgrade WR and RB- even using pick 17 on WR as has been discussed - but its the defense and special teams that need the most work

The Chargers couldn't get off the field on defense which is why STaley went so much for it on 4th down

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

If you can stand the shouting...Dan Orlovsky opines that he'd rather have Russell Wilson over the next five years over Herbert. He gets slapped down pretty well by Stephen A. and the other guy. Orlovsky doesn't like Herbert for some reason. I like Stephen A. He can be loud but his reasoning is usually pretty solid. I've seen him in other videos.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  If you can stand the shouting...Dan Orlovsky opines that he'd rather have Russell Wilson over the next five years over Herbert. He gets slapped down pretty well by Stephen A. and the other guy. Orlovsky doesn't like Herbert for some reason. I like Stephen A. He can be loud but his reasoning is usually pretty solid. I've seen him in other videos.

Dan Orvlosky is Just another blow hard trying to be relevant. Only a moron would make that statement.
                  Orvlosky of course is the QB who ran out of the end zone avoiding a rush lol.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Sounds like Orlovsky just likes someone who actually has 'done' it, vs. someone that has the potential to do it. But no way I trade Herbert for Wilson, straight up.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

- bad at run stopping
                      - so-so at pass defense

That is not what i remember: Chargers needed a lot of things to go right near the end just to force overtime.

Oakland dominated for most of the game and most Charger fans were feeling nauseous.

Comment

• Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

That is not what i remember: Chargers needed a lot of things to go right near the end just to force overtime.

Oakland dominated for most of the game and most Charger fans were feeling nauseous.
                        LV benefitted from a bad PI call at the end of the first half that gifted them a TD and we missed a FG in the second half. They did have some things go their way that created the scenario in which we needed the big comeback. And then, LV won the coin toss for OT, which made all the difference. LV did not "dominate" us. In fact, we outgained LV by nearly 100 yards and had more first downs.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

That’s the game I watched. And hey, we did lose even when given the chance to win in OT.

Comment

Working...
                          X