• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Stidham has played in 12 games in 3 years and with more interceptions than TD passes and could not beat out Mac Jones at QB in NE. Basing everything on one game vs the 49ers is a pretty small sample size to bet the future on - but this is the Raiders we are talking about.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      Stidham has played in 12 games in 3 years and with more interceptions than TD passes and could not beat out Mac Jones at QB in NE. Basing everything on one game vs the 49ers is a pretty small sample size to bet the future on - but this is the Raiders we are talking about.
      If you have not already done so, you should watch these highlights from the 49ers-Raiders on Sunday. It will change your perception about Stidham. 375 yds 3 TDs. It was his first ever start. This was against perhaps the best defense in the league. McDaniels may have found his answer at QB. No wonder he had no qualms about dispatching Carr. Stidham may be better. If Stidham plays like this against the Chiefs, the Raiders may just win that game.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

If you have not already done so, you should watch these highlights from the 49ers-Raiders on Sunday. It will change your perception about Stidham. 375 yds 3 TDs. It was his first ever start. This was against perhaps the best defense in the league. McDaniels may have found his answer at QB. No wonder he had no qualms about dispatching Carr. Stidham may be better. If Stidham plays like this against the Chiefs, the Raiders may just win that game.

He had a great game for the most part, but again - a one game sample size is an awful lot to be the house on. If you believe Carr was benched for his interceptions and late game chokes instead of fear of injury that would make his contract guaranteed (much more likely), than Stidham's 2 picks and blown lead look just like what Carr was doing. He may turn out to be a great QB or a bust - lots of questions to be answered still.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Watching the highlights of the 49ers/Raiders, I'm not so sure McDaniels looks at Stidham as just a bridge. I wouldn't be surprised if they go with Stidham next season. Stidham played lights out against the 49ers - I can see why McDaniels was anxious to bench Carr. Stidham is much more of a lively player who escapes the pocket and makes plays. He doesn't buckle under pressure like we've seen Carr do (and Joey Bosa pointed out). Davante Adams has already fallen in love with Stidham. He went toe to toe with the 49ers, and ripped apart what may the best defense in the league.

Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 4.25.27 PM.png

Since 1950. And as you mentioned, against arguably the best defense in the league. I still believe they draft another QB to develop. But Stidham balled out on Sunday.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They have had many backups and traded both Jimmy G and Stidham away. So, no. And again, Stidham will have to be signed.

Somehow I think they will mess it up. Carr can make them release him and screw them a little cap wise but thinking he isn't that type of guy.
            Stidham was traded ONCE. To the fucking Raiders. So McDaniels could have one QB in a new environment he trusted. Stidham's making $975,000K to Carr's $33 million and outplaying the starter. He's an UFA and Carr will be gone (to the Indianapolis Colts) and Stidham will get a new deal in Las Vegas and the Raiders will draft a QB, it doesn't have to be in the first round, in 2023.

THAT'S how it's gonna go down.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Stidham was traded ONCE. To the fucking Raiders. So McDaniels could have one QB in a new environment he trusted. Stidham's making $975,000K to Carr's $33 million and outplaying the starter. He's an UFA and Carr will be gone (to the Indianapolis Colts) and Stidham will get a new deal in Las Vegas and the Raiders will draft a QB, it doesn't have to be in the first round, in 2023.

THAT'S how it's gonna go down.
              He has played 1 game, and he is outplaying the starter? OK. Hey it worked for Jyles Tucker. This is Carrs first year in McDaniels system, it's Stidham 4th. But I get it, he wants his own guy. He shit canned Cutler as well for Kyle Orton.

They should sign Stidham for 1 or 2 year, for however million and hope he keeps it up.
              He is in his 4th year and a former 4th rounder, he is low risk.

I don't care what the Raiders do at QB to be honest but some Raider fans hope they draft a QB high and I hope they draft Levis.
              I don't think he is going to be a very good NFL QB.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He has played 1 game, and he is outplaying the starter? OK. Hey it worked for Jyles Tucker. This is Carrs first year in McDaniels system, it's Stidham 4th. But I get it, he wants his own guy. He shit canned Cutler as well for Kyle Orton.

They should sign Stidham for 1 or 2 year, for however million and hope he keeps it up.
                He is in his 4th year and a former 4th rounder, he is low risk.

I don't care what the Raiders do at QB to be honest but some Raider fans hope they draft a QB high and I hope they draft Levis.
                I don't think he is going to be a very good NFL QB.
                I still think the only reason Stidham even got a start was Carr's contract language about injury.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by fanatic View Post

He is on IR so there is absolutely no downside. Would have been a first round pick if not for the injury. The injury does seem scary but he had a really good camp. KC IR so he gets an extra year to recover. Ross. He could be the next top KC receiver?
                  The only thing wrong with redshirt years for low round rooks is you only have them on the rook contract for a limited time 3 years plus option year. if they come out yr 2 with a mighty bang its all good. The Chargers have had far too many that didn’t emerge until year 3 and it definitely means depth is too thin, or has been for the Chargers for years.

for example - Our best OT (that is playing) has had 1 good year before he becomes a FA and we have to pay him.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                    According to Mike Florio, the Donkies have reached out to Jim Harbaugh

https://www.milehighreport.com/2023/...o-jim-harbaugh

"Florio was the first to break the Broncos actually reaching out to Harbaugh, and he also was the first to break Harbaugh interviewing for the Vikings job last year as well. So, there appears to be some good sources and connections there. Also, Florio tweeted out that Jim Harbaugh will be the Broncos' next Head Coach with a gif that said “book it”. So, that is something that makes you go “Hmmm” on top of everything else."​
                    Throwing around numbers like $20m a year for Harbaugh. That would be enough to leave Michigan I’d think. New owners with Wal Mart money to throw around. That will piss off the other 32 owners for sure

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Throwing around numbers like $20m a year for Harbaugh. That would be enough to leave Michigan I’d think. New owners with Wal Mart money to throw around. That will piss off the other 32 owners for sure
                      Tepper can probably match WalMart money but not sure Irsay can. But if the Broncos want Harbaugh, they have the funds

Evero probably stays on as DC as he coached with the Niners and Harbaugh already back in the day

Harbaugh would be a good coach for the Broncos -- he might wear out his welcome in a few years but he would be a better option than payton

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Tepper can probably match WalMart money but not sure Irsay can. But if the Broncos want Harbaugh, they have the funds

Evero probably stays on as DC as he coached with the Niners and Harbaugh already back in the day

Harbaugh would be a good coach for the Broncos -- he might wear out his welcome in a few years but he would be a better option than payton
                        I can see Denver wanting Harbaugh but why would Harbaugh want Denver with the Cap hell and picks they gave to Pete?

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I still think the only reason Stidham even got a start was Carr's contract language about injury.
                          I think Mr. Irrelevant is outplaying Carr in SF as well. Draft two Qb's you like and see who pan's out. Instead we (The Chargers) cling to players we shouldn't and should always strive to find #2 QB as well.
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X