• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Getting that rb Pacheco in the 6th: why is Telesco allergic to speed?
    AK47: Ehh speed is overrated for RBs.

AK47: Googles Pacheco's 40 time.

AK47:

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Pacheco's 40nwas 4.37
      10 yard split was 1.49,......now that's a get off.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Getting that rb Pacheco in the 6th: why is Telesco allergic to speed?
        He was actually drafted in the 7th round at pick 251. Not sure why teams were so down on him, but every team in the league passed on him multiple times.

Comment

• fanatic
          Registered Chiefs Fan
          • Dec 2021
          • Southern California
          • Realtor
          • Send PM

One of the down sides of giving rookies 'red shirt years' is that it really hurts your depth, so you better not get injuries.

And sometimes, they never do recover and you've been carrying them for a while (Niang was an injury concern that has not panned out for you guys).
          And sometimes, a guy coming out with injury concerns career is cut short and you can only get a few good years out of them (Marcus McNiel comes to mind).

Pipkens was essentially red shirted for 3 years here: finally he's producing.

Good draft pick?

It helps greatly that KC has consistency in their coaching staff: Jatavis Brown bombed out here in Gus D's defense.
          He is on IR so there is absolutely no downside. Would have been a first round pick if not for the injury. The injury does seem scary but he had a really good camp. KC IR so he gets an extra year to recover. Ross. He could be the next top KC receiver?

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

One of the down sides of giving rookies 'red shirt years' is that it really hurts your depth, so you better not get injuries.

And sometimes, they never do recover and you've been carrying them for a while (Niang was an injury concern that has not panned out for you guys).
            And sometimes, a guy coming out with injury concerns career is cut short and you can only get a few good years out of them (Marcus McNiel comes to mind).

Pipkens was essentially red shirted for 3 years here: finally he's producing.

Good draft pick?

It helps greatly that KC has consistency in their coaching staff: Jatavis Brown bombed out here in Gus D's defense.
            More like stunk and had to go to a private school to develope.

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

More like stunk and had to go to a private school to develope.
              I dont care where he went. Just glad he is producing now and we do not have to think about Storm Norton as a turnstile out there.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Do you think they stick with Stidham going forward next season? McDaniels has been with Stidham 4 years and just now let him start over Carr and Stidham knew the offense. I think they likely draft a QB in April or sign Jimmy G.
                I think Stidham is a FA after the season so they have to decide what to offer him if they think he will he their guy and hope he works out.
                Have you ever noticed how loyal Belichick and McDaniels are to their backup QBs? I've never seen another relationship like it. Incredible loyalty to Brian Hoyer and Stidham over time.

I think that's important to note, as I think McDaniels will be very comfortable knowing he has divested himself of a $33 million dollar a year salary in Carr - If the Raiders are unable to find a trade partner for Carr, who has a no-trade clause, by three days after the Super Bowl, they could release him before then to avoid being on the hook for more than $40 million in guaranteed money - so I see the Raiders using Jarrett Stidham as the starter AND the Raiders spending a draft pick on a QB in 2023.

Alot of factors weigh into this, as you can see, but Stidham is the bridge QB and the eventual starter QB is yet to be drafted.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Have you ever noticed how loyal Belichick and McDaniels are to their backup QBs? I've never seen another relationship like it. Incredible loyalty to Brian Hoyer and Stidham over time.

I think that's important to note, as I think McDaniels will be very comfortable knowing he has divested himself of a $33 million dollar a year salary in Carr - If the Raiders are unable to find a trade partner for Carr, who has a no-trade clause, by three days after the Super Bowl, they could release him before then to avoid being on the hook for more than $40 million in guaranteed money - so I see the Raiders using Jarrett Stidham as the starter AND the Raiders spending a draft pick on a QB in 2023.

Alot of factors weigh into this, as you can see, but Stidham is the bridge QB and the eventual starter QB is yet to be drafted.
                  They have had many backups and traded both Jimmy G and Stidham away. So, no. And again, Stidham will have to be signed.

Somehow I think they will mess it up. Carr can make them release him and screw them a little cap wise but thinking he isn't that type of guy.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-03-2023, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

According to Mike Florio, the Donkies have reached out to Jim Harbaugh

https://www.milehighreport.com/2023/...o-jim-harbaugh

"Florio was the first to break the Broncos actually reaching out to Harbaugh, and he also was the first to break Harbaugh interviewing for the Vikings job last year as well. So, there appears to be some good sources and connections there. Also, Florio tweeted out that Jim Harbaugh will be the Broncos' next Head Coach with a gif that said “book it”. So, that is something that makes you go “Hmmm” on top of everything else."​

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Watching the highlights of the 49ers/Raiders, I'm not so sure McDaniels looks at Stidham as just a bridge. I wouldn't be surprised if they go with Stidham next season. Stidham played lights out against the 49ers - I can see why McDaniels was anxious to bench Carr. Stidham is much more of a lively player who escapes the pocket and makes plays. He doesn't buckle under pressure like we've seen Carr do (and Joey Bosa pointed out). Davante Adams has already fallen in love with Stidham. He went toe to toe with the 49ers, and ripped apart what may the best defense in the league.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by fanatic View Post

He is on IR so there is absolutely no downside. Would have been a first round pick if not for the injury. The injury does seem scary but he had a really good camp. KC IR so he gets an extra year to recover. Ross. He could be the next top KC receiver?
                        Concerning Niang, there already has been a downside.
                        By drafting him in the 3rd round, there was a commitment and you wasted time in trying to develop him;
                        you then couldn't admit that it was mistake by allocating another 1rst/2nd/3rd on an OT, to be groomed behind some Wylie type for a year.

You (the Chiefs) then doubled down on your mistake by wasting slightly lesser, but valuable, draft capital on a 4rth round pick - Kinnard,
                        rolling the dice that somehow he, with his leaden feet, can be an NFL RT.

Perhaps, years from now, Kinnard can take over at LG when Thuney leaves,
                        but he very well might not make a decent NFL guard. In any case, its a selection you would not have made if Niang proved to be healthy.

So now you are in the unenviable position of having Andrew Wylie, a stop gap at RT, as your semi-permanent fixture on the Oline,
                        hoping that next year is the year Niang can finally be healthy (the carrot forever being dangled in front of you);
                        and meanwhile you have your version of our beloved Storm Norton one injury away from starting.

Charger fans know full well what it is like always having a guy at RT you want to bounce, but always seems to hang on.
                        Personally, i really liked Niang and would have liked the Chargers to grab him in the 3rd round.
                        I was wrong, but I didn't fully understand his physical state.
                        Last edited by powderblueboy; 01-03-2023, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• SBbound
                          Casual fanatic
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Merced/San Diego
                          • Send PM

Fingers crossed that the Raiders screw this up too.

Comment

Working...
                          X