• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

I can see Denver wanting Harbaugh but why would Harbaugh want Denver with the Cap hell and picks they gave to Pete?
    20m bucks could be the reason
    Who knows - maybe he also thinks he can turn around Wilson
    The defense is there if they can keep Evero and the players
    Offense - might just need to be more like the Panthers, run the ball, field position, etc.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I think Mr. Irrelevant is outplaying Carr in SF as well. Draft two Qb's you like and see who pan's out. Instead we (The Chargers) cling to players we shouldn't and should always strive to find #2 QB as well.
      One thing you can't measure in a player is drive.
      For every Jamarcus Russell who was overdrafted and has no drive and no ambition and is lazy. You have a guy like Purdy who has drive, wants to get better is a student of the game.

That's why some of those guys get overlooked while the Russell's get over drafted. I'll throw Murray in there as well who is getting by with talent but he doesn't study and is playing mediocre.
      On talent alone not knowing him, I had Russel a 2nd rounder.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-06-2023, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        For every Jamarcus Russell who was overdrafted and has no drive and no ambition and is lazy. You have a guy like Purdy who has drive wants to get better as a student of the game.
        Amen brother.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

For every Jamarcus Russell who was overdrafted and has no drive and no ambition and is lazy. You have a guy like Purdy who has drive wants to get better as a student of the game.

That's why some of those guys get overlooked while the Russell's get over drafted. I'll throw Murray in there as well who is getting by with talent but he doesn't study and is playing mediocre.

Plus, at those times, the contracts for FRP were much higher than currently. I think Jamarcus got like 60m guaranteed

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Seems like a high effort guy on the field. Maybe he'll pick some stuff up thru osmosis with direction from our smarter football players. Still an Honorary member of the Murry fan club cause everyone still wants to dog him.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Seems like a high effort guy on the field. Maybe he'll pick some stuff up thru osmosis with direction from our smarter football players. Still an Honorary member of the Murry fan club cause everyone still wants to dog him.
              Kyler Murray was a disaster waiting to happen. He got by on physical ability, but that's now off the table. How will he fare as a pocket passer?? AZ is so screwed - they're like Denver lite.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Kyler Murray was a disaster waiting to happen. He got by on physical ability, but that's now off the table. How will he fare as a pocket passer?? AZ is so screwed - they're like Denver lite.
                I was thinking our Murray but yes you'd be right that I'm not a a fan of Kyler.
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Our Murray is actually showing signs of improvement. He's not perfect, but at least he's making progress. To my uneducated eye the linebacker position has got to be the most difficult defensive position to play (mentally and physically). Critical split second decisions need to be made on every play, and a single step (or 1/2 step) one way or another or a minuscule hesitation can make the difference in a TFL or a touchdown. They get to do all of this with lead blockers and 300 lb linemen attacking them, unlike DB's (generally).

No thanks

Take a look at tape of any ILB in the league - even the best mess up over 1/2 the time. It's a tough job.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

No I meant Kyler. Should have said his first name.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

20m bucks could be the reason
                      Who knows - maybe he also thinks he can turn around Wilson
                      The defense is there if they can keep Evero and the players
                      Offense - might just need to be more like the Panthers, run the ball, field position, etc.
                      Michigan has investigators up their behind looking into rules violations.

Harbaugh probably angered SEC officials taking away 'their' players,
                      and they got the NCAA to start the process of sanctioning Michigan.

It happened to Pete Carol,
                      It happened to Chip Kelley,
                      it happened to Urban Meyer,...

I see a pattern here.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                        Michigan has investigators up their behind looking into rules violations.

Harbaugh probably angered SEC officials taking away 'their' players,
                        and they got the NCAA to start the process of sanctioning Michigan.

It happened to Pete Carol,
                        It happened to Chip Kelley,
                        it happened to Urban Meyer,...

I see a pattern here.
                        Coaches that win, cheat?

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                          Chargers Hall of Fame
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

I mean, I get the point, but it seems like you CAN measure it. These dudes were playing 3 or 4 years in college. Can't you see it (or not see it) there? Don't teams do their due diligence, inquiring with the coaches and teammates? Though I suppose they can bend the truth a bit (wanting a player drafter from their program). But it seems like you can measure it in college just like you can in the pros.

You did when you compared Russell to Purdy. You said Purdy has drive. So it CAN be seen and "measured" (for lack of a better word).

The problem comes when their work-ethic changes once they become a pro. I suppose you can't measure or predict that drop-off.

Comment

Working...
                          X