• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

a loss is a loss. But understanding losses enables the thinking human to make more informed predictions. We do it in every aspect of life, its, like, a key separator from other species.
    Like thinking that the team has found multiple creative ways to beat themselves in the past, so it's reasonable to assume that that trend might continue? That seems like a logical prediction based on past performance, doesn't it?

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Hmmmm . . . . . . . . . . . . . coaching does seem to make a difference . . .

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

Only 14 players from the 100 are in AFCW ?
        Something goes wrong somewhere and it's not coaching !

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
          Only 14 players from the 100 are in AFCW ?
          Something goes wrong somewhere and it's not coaching !
          These lists are a joke . . . . . . . . . . . no need to get too wrapped up in it. It doesn't indicate that we're superior, or that KC is inferior - this will all get worked out on the field of play . . . . . . . . . . . so - we'll see. If we can stop making critical mistakes and beating ourselves we should win the majority of our games - our roster is as good as anyone's in the league.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

How about Slater? How about Keenan, if he returns to old form? How about Linsley .... one guy ranked him as the 5th best interior offensive lineman?
            Those guys all missed multiple games. Slater played 2-3 games?

Players and coaches vote the top 100.

Keenan played great after he came back but perhaps not enough,... though he played 9-10 games. Hopkins missed a lot of games and was #90 so not sure how he made it.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I only see two maybe three Chargers who legit belong in the top 100. Herbert, Ekeler and probably James. Bosa - nope. Mack - maybe (I hope he proves it this season!). Kendricks - I don't think so.

I posted earlier that I was watching Saquon Barkley highlights from last season. He faced the Vikes twice and play after play Kendricks was either getting trukked or blocked off the play. There is a reason the Vikes let him go. Maybe he proves me wrong, I hope so. But top 100 going into the season? No.​
              a lot of hype.

I hope Herbert noticed that he was #32 and Mahomes, Hurts, Burrow and Allen were all top 10. Maybe some fuel

Comment

• Heatmiser
                BetterToday ThanYesterday
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I was listening to NFL channel on the radio and they pointed out that the Chiefs team that won last year's superbowl only had 11 players on it that were on the team when they won their first superbowl, what, 3 years ago? When you consider that and the fact that the Chiefs have very few true stars (Jones, Mahomes, Kelce, Thuney) it really shows what a terrific front office and coaching staff they have. They just keep reloading. We may be looking at the new Patriots.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Like thinking that the team has found multiple creative ways to beat themselves in the past, so it's reasonable to assume that that trend might continue? That seems like a logical prediction based on past performance, doesn't it?
                  Sometimes yes, in the specific case of of KC game 1 last year, I’d say no, I don’t expect Herbie to throw a ball 4 yards and have the TE jump out of the way of it so it goes to the DB behind him again.

Thnking that that play predicts the next game they will have a completely different bad play to me is just superstition, I’m not superstitious as it’s false dark religious bullshit. But I get how superstitious black magic voodoo-fearing guys might feel differently.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                    I was listening to NFL channel on the radio and they pointed out that the Chiefs team that won last year's superbowl only had 11 players on it that were on the team when they won their first superbowl, what, 3 years ago? When you consider that and the fact that the Chiefs have very few true stars (Jones, Mahomes, Kelce, Thuney) it really shows what a terrific front office and coaching staff they have. They just keep reloading. We may be looking at the new Patriots.

TG
                    A HOF fame coach and keeping your 4 best superstars on the roster and playing without major injuries makes everyone look good but I agree - their FO deserves a ton of credit.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

A HOF fame coach and keeping your 4 best superstars on the roster and playing without major injuries makes everyone look good but I agree - their FO deserves a ton of credit.
                      Can't argue with their success.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Can't argue with their success.
                        Just once in my life, I want one of my sports teams (Chargers/Padres/Aztecs BB) to win it all!

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Sometimes yes, in the specific case of of KC game 1 last year, I’d say no, I don’t expect Herbie to throw a ball 4 yards and have the TE jump out of the way of it so it goes to the DB behind him again.

Thnking that that play predicts the next game they will have a completely different bad play to me is just superstition, I’m not superstitious as it’s false dark religious bullshit. But I get how superstitious black magic voodoo-fearing guys might feel differently.

My comment was in reference to the 'chargering' discussion that's going on. I'm not sure what you're talking about here . . . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                          X