• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Tges58 View Post

Well that was a childish post. I came on here to debate football. I have given my opinion in a pretty respectful way. But I guess there are some mentally challenged people that can't stand someone with a differing opinion than theirs.
    Welcome to the USA. lol

This is why we dont allow politics. I see you are trying to be respectful. Just remember you are in a forum that has been trolled hard in years past by AFC West fans. Some tend to just make things personal in regards to other fans. We have had some bad ones troll us...you are not one of them.

Good luck to you this year.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

I just think the KC's window is closing within the division, that there are other teams in the division that are going to rise, and while the Chiefs may still be a very good team, they may not be the best team in the division, and in fact they could fall to the 3rd or 4th best team. But in the AFC West in 2022, the 3rd or 4th best team may still be one of the better teams in league. My feeling is the reason Tyreek Hill bailed is because he saw the hand-writing on the wall, that the Chiefs haven't been able to build a good team after Mahomes got paid, and that he personally should reach for as much money as he can, rather than stick around in KC as the Chiefs continue to sink to the level of a team like the Vikings, that is always good but never good enough.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Wow, remains to be seen I guess. Not counting them out til we beat them twice.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Tges58 View Post

I didnt say you were right, and I didnt say I was wrong.You said there was a "huge drop off". Your exact words. I disagreed and showed you evidence backing me up.

I also didn't say Juju will replace him, I said the talent of their WRs after him improved, and I think it did. And saying he can't read defenses is wrong, too.

Once again without Hill he is 4-1, 379 ypg, 8 tds 1 int with a 110 rating.
          No one is going to bother to scheme towards taking away any of the 'improved' second bananas on the Chiefs;
          Hill made everyone better on that offense....now he is gone and you will find out that merely good won't cut it.
          More defenses are going to concentrate on taking away Kelce, who is getting to an age where a drop off is about to happen anyhow

And you are telling me that the combo of JuJu and Scalding are going to make up for Hill's loss? You must be joking..

Schuster was good when Antonio Brown attracted all the attention. Nobody is going to be worried about a guy who averaged 8.6 yards a catch
          the last two years. Might as well make the guy a tight end.

Chiefs are going to have to hit the nail on the head in this draft or they'll likely end up at the bottom of the division.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            I just think the KC's window is closing within the division, that there are other teams in the division that are going to rise, and while the Chiefs may still be a very good team, they may not be the best team in the division, and in fact they could fall to the 3rd or 4th best team. But in the AFC West in 2022, the 3rd or 4th best team may still be one of the better teams in league. My feeling is the reason Tyreek Hill bailed is because he saw the hand-writing on the wall, that the Chiefs haven't been able to build a good team after Mahomes got paid, and that he personally should reach for as much money as he can, rather than stick around in KC as the Chiefs continue to sink to the level of a team like the Vikings, that is always good but never good enough.
            It sure looks like that window is slammed shut.

When a long in the tooth Travis Kelce is the only guy who D coordinators bother to get worked up about,......yeah, they are finished.
            And that D sure as hell won't bail them out.
            Last edited by powderblueboy; 04-11-2022, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Currently, I do not think that the Chiefs match up well against the Chargers on offense or defense;
              and i do not consider them the main rivals of the Chargers for the division crown.
              Unless injuries decimate other rosters, they won't win the division title.

Expecting Mahomes to carry them: ain't going to happen.
              In his 5 championship games, Mahomes has looked like an average qb, for the most part.
              Mahomes is a front runner and will find tough sledding if his support system is not up to par.

Comment

• jubei
                Vagabond Ninja
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                I wouldnt put that much faith in hill's nostradamus-ability. He was just looking to get paid, plain and simple. otherwise why the HELL would you go to a team with a QB that could barely throw it 40 yards.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

I buy it. Hill has the best vantage point of the KC offense, specifically Pat Mahomes.
                  if he genuinely thought he could win "7 superbowls", I think that would be worth a few million less a year.
                  Imo he saw what every objective person is seeing, and thats a Chargers team that lucked right into the only QB that can challenge PM.
                  how unlucky is PM? What other qb drafted after him can be considered a true competitor?
                  Last edited by 21&500; 04-11-2022, 11:45 PM.
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    I buy it. Hill has the best vantage point of the KC offense, specifically Pat Mahomes.
                    if he genuinely thought he could win "7 superbowls", I think that would be worth a few million less a year.
                    Imo he saw what every objective person is seeing, and thats a Chargers team that lucked right into the only QB that can challenge PM.
                    how unlucky is PM? What other qb drafted after him can be considered a true competitor?
                    This is my thought process too. Two years ago it probably felt to him like the Chiefs were positioned for a long run winning Super Bowls. But reality has set in over the last two seasons, and I think the fact that there's another QB in the division who's even younger and as good as or better than Mahomes, along with the way the Chargers and the other teams in the division are loading up to knock the Chiefs down, and the Chiefs losing the Championship Game to an upstart team with yet another QB who may be as good as or better than Mahomes...I think Tyreek may have gotten a very strong dose of reality and realized there's no guarantee the Chiefs are going to win another Super Bowl, let alone seven, and he figured he should go for the money. Because I agree with you, if Hill were confident the Chiefs were going to win a bunch of Super Bowls, I think it would be worth a few million less to stick around in KC.

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

No one is going to bother to scheme towards taking away any of the 'improved' second bananas on the Chiefs;
                      Hill made everyone better on that offense....now he is gone and you will find out that merely good won't cut it.
                      More defenses are going to concentrate on taking away Kelce, who is getting to an age where a drop off is about to happen anyhow

And you are telling me that the combo of JuJu and Scalding are going to make up for Hill's loss? You must be joking..

Schuster was good when Antonio Brown attracted all the attention. Nobody is going to be worried about a guy who averaged 8.6 yards a catch
                      the last two years. Might as well make the guy a tight end.

Chiefs are going to have to hit the nail on the head in this draft or they'll likely end up at the bottom of the division.
                      They replace Hill WITH THE RIGHT QB. It is yet to be seen if Mahomes is the right QB for this WR group. I think he has improved as a pocket passer but I don't think he is a top tier pocket passer yet. Still tends to go through progressions slowly, still doesn't spread the field horizontally which is needed with Juju. I don't know wnough about MVS to know if he can replace Hill on crossing routes.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

They replace Hill WITH THE RIGHT QB. It is yet to be seen if Mahomes is the right QB for this WR group. I think he has improved as a pocket passer but I don't think he is a top tier pocket passer yet. Still tends to go through progressions slowly, still doesn't spread the field horizontally which is needed with Juju. I don't know wnough about MVS to know if he can replace Hill on crossing routes.
                        What made Mahomes great at Texas Tech was his ability to extend plays and find guys open downfield at the last second: he was uncanny.
                        He could even extend plays moving up in the pocket and firing on the move.

My comp was Roethelsberger coming out of college.

I would guess Schuster & Scalding (with Rodgers) are used to that type of offense and know how to extend routes deep.
                        Schuster, however, is a slug - unusual fit for an Andy Reid type offense.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

As long as Mahomes has legs, he will make plays.

Comment

Working...
                          X