• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Fascinating to hear Marty talk about his coaching philosophy during his prime. And the manufactured offensive production that comes from the West-Coast offense - through the controlled passing game - versus Ernie Zampese's passing tree.

Chargers are going through a similar transition, adjusting to a shorter, controlled passing game of higher percentage passes, with Lombardi's offense. I think the Chargers need to tear the flanker screen from the playbook, but I believe they keep it in, even as a no-gain, and force the defense honor the entire field, or open up the deeper outs.
    Paint by numbers for three quarters and then when were down by two touchdowns they unleash the kid!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Paint by numbers for three quarters and then when were down by two touchdowns they unleash the kid!
      There's a thread specially to whine about Lombardi. We like to keep shit raked in one pile. Thanks.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Nathaniel Hackett, OC for Packers, expected to be hired by the Broncos.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Ruh Roe...

Los Angeles, we have a (potential Rodgers) problem.
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            Ruh Roe...

He is probably going to Denver

I kind of hope the Steelers join the fray and see if they can trade for him with Ben R officially retiring today

The Broncos have a lot of talent on offense and defense. Granted, the OL needs an upgrade. But you upgrade the OL, add Rodgers - that is a 11-12 win team I think

Telesco has some work to do this offseason even if Rodgers doesn't go to Denver as its about damn time he friggin wins the division but this will only make the division tougher

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Ruh Roe...

Yep, can’t help but connect that dot to Rodgers but who knows what his relationship is with Hackett. Would be a great spot for Rodgers if he wants out of GB

Comment

• MusicMakerInMe
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2020
                • Send PM

I still think Rodgers is waiting on Brady's announcement. Dude is going to pick the right opponents.

If Brady retires, Rodgers goes to the wide-open NFC South where home-field during the postseason looks much better than the majority of the league's.

I just don't see that guy wanting any smoke with the AFC West (Mahomes, Herbert and a good Raiders team) or NFC West (Rams, Murray and Russ/Pete Carroll) at this point in his career.

Especially not after seeing what the Chiefs did to the Bills. Rodgers at this point has no business in games like that with a less talented roster (debatable) and inexperienced head coach compared to what he had in Green Bay.
                Last edited by MusicMakerInMe; 01-27-2022, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by MusicMakerInMe View Post
                  I still think Rodgers is waiting on Brady's announcement.

If Brady retires, Rodgers goes to the wide-open NFC South where home-field during the postseason looks much better than the majority of the league's.

I just don't see that guy wanting any smoke with the AFC West (Mahomes, Herbert and a good Raiders team) or NFC West (Rams, Murray and Russ) at this point in his career.

Especially not after seeing what the Chiefs did to the Bills. Rodgers at this point has no business in a game like that.
                  I agree I cannot see why he would want to come to the AFC West which is the best QB overall division and one of the toughest overall divisions in football when he can go to a much easier division.

Comment

• MusicMakerInMe
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I agree I cannot see why he would want to come to the AFC West which is the best QB overall division and one of the toughest overall divisions in football when he can go to a much easier division.
                    Yup - Chiefs, Chargers and Raiders can all expose Rodgers for nearly half the season. High quarterback play everywhere vs his NFC North rivals. That Denver job is easily going to be one of the most difficult to jump into.

No reason to go there when you have a Brady-less NFC South. Additionally, if Brady retires the rest of that team will split. Sean Payton leaving New Orleans has also made the division tremendously easier. Additionally, Leftwich went to Jacksonville so the Bucs coaching staff already is once removed from its recent championship.

Unsure about their salary situation, but Carolina and Atlanta can pull in Rodgers/Adams, spend their high draft picks 100% on offense and make play-offs easy.

If you want to pad stats and your W/L record and get into the play-offs that division may potentially be a walk in the park the next couple of seasons. There is probably no player that wants Brady to retire more than Rodgers right now.
                    Last edited by MusicMakerInMe; 01-27-2022, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Hope he stays in division
                      like Favre to Vikings
                      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Hope he stays in division
                        like Favre to Vikings
                        I have a feeling Horseface is going to luck into Rodgers like he did Huckleberry Manning

I just hope the Packers GM keeps saying the name "Surtain" as part of the trade

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          Nathaniel Hackett, OC for Packers, expected to be hired by the Broncos.

Comment

Working...
                          X