• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Chiefs d doesn’t look so hot but then people said the same thing about Dallas
    We put up the yards against Dallas’s D. We just need to play smarter and convert in the red zone.

Comment

• SDBORN
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

We put up the yards against Dallas’s D. We just need to play smarter and convert in the red zone.
      And pray the refs don't bend us over

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

O keeps leaving plays on the field. 1-1 is about right, lucky even.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

I don’t agree that releasing Johnson is holding us back. There were deep shots taken, even if half of them were just called back because of penalties. The issue is the redzone.
          Agree, I think the team as a whole gets better as we go. Tampa Bay wasn't that good to start out and their defense gave up 25 today and 29 last week.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-19-2021, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

DAL marched out some scrub DBs,
            who were all fired up.

MW should have withheld comment.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              DAL marched out some scrub DBs,
              who were all fired up.

MW should have withheld comment.
              Agree with that one. Mouth shut, head down, get to work.

Hope he learns from it.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post
                Some post game thoughts:

-the D will give up yardage, as it has several holes to fill. Giving up 20 pts isn't a lot, so that's encouraging. Need to be able to score 20+ pts every week with this offense.

-need better scheme on RT side to give Herbert a little more time.

-Herbert in two games hasn't uncorked any deep bombs downfield to Guyton or Williams. Would like to see a couple of those each game.

-better discipline has to be shown by all players. The taunting penalties are unacceptable, and the number of penalties has to be reduced. Show the opposition up through your play, not by mouthing off or spinning the ball in their face. Refs are calling ticky tack fouls.

-it's only been two games, but how much better is this team and coaching staff than last year's?

How much better? Not sure yet. I feel like they are better based on what we’ve read especially Staley’s forward thinking. But these things take time. Lynn started out 0-4 his first season before turning it around to a respectable 9-7 even though we miss the postseason that year. If I was patient with Lynn, I can definitely be patient with Staley and Co. And I think we will see his vision slowly come to fruition. If we can clean up all our little mistakes, we can compete with anyone this year. However, I think the real opportunity will be next year when we improve personnel even more. Unless we get really lucky this season.
                Last edited by Xenos; 09-19-2021, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Yes it was. Especially the run defense. Pollard had 109 rush yards and Elliot 71 rush yards, both had a TD. If we don't improve the run defense then it's going to be a long season.
                  180+ yards on the ground is a huge red flag..... and EVERY team will see that and take advantage.... until we learn how to stuff the run......

Comment

• northerner
                    Charger fan since '79
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

We all knew that was going to happen, the real question is... how many Charger Fans were out there?
                    it sounded sort of 50/50 on TV. a big roar when dallas made a play, but then a big roar in return when we made a play.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

180+ yards on the ground is a huge red flag..... and EVERY team will see that and take advantage.... until we learn how to stuff the run......

News flash - yards is not the measurement that counts - points are the only thing that matters. We only gave up 20 points - we should have won because our offense is good enough to score 30 per game. We need to hold down on the penalty's and we need to score when we are in the red zone.

By the way, I don't agree that the refs beat us with bad calls. I think we deserved all but two of those calls. We need to play with more discipline.

I still think this team can be a factor.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2020
                        • Send PM

It still bothers me that Pipkins is still on this team, and they cut Johnson as a sacrifice. The man is clearly a liability, and retaining him reeks of desperation in an attempt preserve a third round pick from a prior draft. Good teams shouldn't retain garbage players just because of where they had been picked; they cut those players even if it hurts the depth on the team. Also, Norton is overmatched at the right tackle spot. At some point, they will have to consider Jaimes in that role if Bulaga can't stay on the field, and they'll find they will yield far better results, particularly in the run game and redzone area.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

The Chargers still treat September as preseason. Only one more game to go until the regular season starts.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X