• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Budsman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Same. Not inconceivable that the NFL puts it's finger on the scale on purpose.

My HS wrestling coach always told us we couldn't let the match be close. Win by 5 and they can't shave points.
    It’s a sad but true lesson your coach taught you. Anyone who thinks human beings aren’t capable of being biased or intentionally swinging competitive events just doesn’t live in the real world.

it’s been happening for ages, ever since someone with power wanted to influence an outcome. Oh and follow the money, the nfl has changed the way they officiate games to drive revenue. They aren’t above pushing storylines. Do you think the owners care about anything but money? The trophies are there to drive money, it’s entertainment and not sport.

Comment

• Budsman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
      Williams reset his feet. That was it.

They said 81 and 84 but 84 was off the field.
      He leaned back and there was a slight rock. I’ve seen way worse not called. It’s a phantom call that they made up. If most people can’t see it and it takes a microscope on a slow motion replay to see it, it’s a phantom call.

Comment

• Budsman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

If they're penalties, they're penalties. Just because it's a close game in a competitive league doesn't mean you look the other way and just let them play. Not in my opinion. Does it suck? Sure. Were they over-the-top bad calls, similar to the ones that I mentioned in my original post? Again, not in my opinion. But many Charger fans would screaming highway robbery if such calls were *not* made against our opponent and said team went on to score two TDs against us.

what? So just because some biased guy in a striped uniform says they’re penalties they are in fact penalties? Or is the fact that they were not penalties but were created into penalties for reasons unknown.

just because someone in authority tells me the sky is purple doesn’t mean it’s right even if I’m forced to agree. Facts are facts and the fact is those refs pulled crap out of their rear for an unknown and questionable reason.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ducasse View Post

Bad calls are part of the game and go both ways.
          They are supposed to go both ways but I saw the majority go against us. The two players in motion at once was a bad call. Cook was set.

The holding call was ticky tacky. It looked worse because the RB hit the DE and made it look like Cook spun him by holding.
          These games get harder to watch every year with the added BS rules which ads more BS flags.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They are supposed to go both ways but I saw the majority go against us. The two players in motion at once was a bad call. Cook was set.

The holding call was ticky tacky. It looked worse because the RB hit him and made it look like Cook spun him by holding.
            These games get harder to watch every year with the added BS rules which ads more BS flags.
            Shit did not even out today

Comment

• DragonIce
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2021
              • Arizona
              • Send PM

The first time I got really suspicious about engineered results in pro sports was with the NBA.

And it was with calls favoring my own team! I was a Laker fan and it would have been around the year 2000 or 2001. The opponent was a small market team, I think the Trailblazers. We were down about 12 in the fourth quarter and all the sudden we got foul call after foul call after foul call. Strange calls too. Sure enough we came back and "won."

It was the strangest sensation, thinking, "I'm glad we are winning, but this absolutely does not look like a square deal." A few years later Tim Donaghy's confessional book about NBA cheating came out and I bought/read it.

FYI...I stopped following NBA.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post
                The first time I got really suspicious about engineered results in pro sports was with the NBA.

And it was with calls favoring my own team! I was a Laker fan and it would have been around the year 2000 or 2001. The opponent was a small market team, I think the Trailblazers. We were down about 12 in the fourth quarter and all the sudden we got foul call after foul call after foul call. Strange calls too. Sure enough we came back and "won."

It was the strangest sensation, thinking, "I'm glad we are winning, but this absolutely does not look like a square deal." A few years later Tim Donaghy's confessional book about NBA cheating came out and I bought/read it.

FYI...I stopped following NBA.
                It was against the Sacramento Kings

Comment

• DragonIce
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2021
                  • Arizona
                  • Send PM

If you look at the biggest, longest offensive plays we had today...they got erased by penalties.

I'm open minded and I'll study the tape closely. Maybe it's just bad breaks, or sloppy play. But upon first viewing it sure didn't seem that way.

Comment

• DragonIce
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2021
                    • Arizona
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

It was against the Sacramento Kings
                    Yeah I think you are right about that.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                      There is the spirit of the rule and the letter of the law.

Nobody gets a speeding ticket for going 36mph in a 35limit stretch of road.

Throwing a flag late for a insignificant reset of the feet by wideout at top is like giving a speeding ticket for going 36 in a 35. It's ticky tak as can be and overly inserts your authority into unnecessary micromanaging. What's worse is you also let the hottie with the Cowboy jersey go 45 in the 35 and didn't throw a flag when Bosa was tackled on the TD run. Oh and by the way he was held at least 5 uncalled times today.

Charger's simple must play better because the above set of circumstances is their reality. They won't catch many breaks, They have to dominate and make refs non factor. Today they were not very good and didn't do enough to win and overcome all obstacles.

On to the next one.
                      What I’m saying. Win so big, the refs don’t matter. Even with all the yellow pukage today, our O still left a lot of plays - and points - on the field. Herbie’s two INTs were just bad throws by him, make those throws and there’s at least 7 points if not more.

Fuck the refs, play better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

What I’m saying. Win so big, the refs don’t matter. Even with all the yellow pukage today, our O still left a lot of plays - and points - on the field. Herbie’s two INTs were just bad throws by him, make those throws and there’s at least 7 points if not more.

Fuck the refs, play better.
                        Yes play better but isn't scoring 2 TDs ....one on a big play, but were called back... playing better? If those counted we win by 2 TDs and score 31 points.
                        Hard to win big when they keep calling them back on BS calls.

The run defense wasn't good today but we held Dak under 250.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

After the first two games I feel like we need to score six touchdowns just to come away with four cleanly. Jerrah needs to sell tickets and keep fan hopes alive so we get the biased reffing deal. What next...The Chiefs need help cause they're a Superbowl caliber team. This is the first time where I felt like the refs should have been accidently run over by our defenders every so often! Wink Wink!

:shifty:
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X