Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    All I have to say is this is a new team, new system, new coach...if we drop this one, I hope this forum doesnt mash the panic button, and we see a bunch of negative filled tirades...the tools are there, we just need to clean it up. I have seen some great stuff out there, countered by silly mistakes and poor tackling. Throw in some bad calls, and there you are. We were behind the eight ball early when we moved to LA, and Lynn took us to 12 and 4...Bucs looked like garbage early last year, but put it all together for a dominate run...check out week 1 Packers vs. the Saints, who looked like the Aints of old week 2...and then rebounded nicely.

Dont panic...just sit back and see how we respond over the first several weeks.
    There will be some catastrophic meltdowns for sure.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      The Chargers stack up well against the Chiefs. We have a poor run defense but a pretty good pass defense. The Chiefs don't run the ball well, their strength offensively is the passing game.
      MG3 did have over 100 yds. rushing in week 1...can't overlook the Donks either...
      Last edited by Topcat; 09-21-2021, 07:44 AM.

Comment

• foreigner
        Tom Telesco is gone
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I agree...... i also assume if Staley is the coach we are hoping he is, that the Chargers will come out extremely intense and focused on not making mental blunders and penalties......
        A losing culture doesnt disappear with an offseason or in two games..... it takes one full season at least...

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

MG3 did have over 100 yds. rushing for the Chefs in week 1...
          Wait MG3 is still with the Donks no?

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

He is
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• CivilBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

He is
              I thought there was a big trade that happen to get this super elite player

Comment

• Berserker76
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                All I have to say is this is a new team, new system, new coach...if we drop this one, I hope this forum doesnt mash the panic button, and we see a bunch of negative filled tirades...the tools are there, we just need to clean it up. I have seen some great stuff out there, countered by silly mistakes and poor tackling. Throw in some bad calls, and there you are. We were behind the eight ball early when we moved to LA, and Lynn took us to 12 and 4...Bucs looked like garbage early last year, but put it all together for a dominate run...check out week 1 Packers vs. the Saints, who looked like the Aints of old week 2...and then rebounded nicely.

Dont panic...just sit back and see how we respond over the first several weeks.
                Good post, Lone Bolt. I have a tendency to panic post, myself, but it's also a good measure of venting. In this day and age we often expect instant results and tend to panic when these do not occur. One thing that I have noticed is that successful teams usually have a at least a few players that are vocal leaders. They are not afraid to call out teammates for shoddy play or lack of hustle. Derwin seems to be one of these but I wish we had a few more. Was hoping Bosa would fit that role but he's kind of a quiet giant.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Good post, Lone Bolt. I have a tendency to panic post, myself, but it's also a good measure of venting. In this day and age we often expect instant results and tend to panic when these do not occur. One thing that I have noticed is that successful teams usually have a at least a few players that are vocal leaders. They are not afraid to call out teammates for shoddy play or lack of hustle. Derwin seems to be one of these but I wish we had a few more. Was hoping Bosa would fit that role but he's kind of a quiet giant.
                  Herbert needs to be that guy on offense but I don’t know if he is that guy

Comment

• Berserker76
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

True that.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

A losing culture doesnt disappear with an offseason or in two games..... it takes one full season at least...
                      Sean McVay set the bar. Turned the Rams around in his first season.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Herbert will be starting his 19th game - wait, 18th games - this Sunday.

Stafford is playing in his what his 12th season and has had issues "winning games" over his career. Great arm - can make all the throws but lets see how he does in LA

I think we need to give Herbert some time. I will say this - he made some throws Sunday that not too many QBs in the NFL can make on Sunday. I get thats physical. Now the mental aspect of the game needs to get better. Maybe not lock in on say Keenan on the play he fell when Justin was open in teh flat; needs to limit turnovers. But I think he gets better over time

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Oops...my bad...can't overlook the Donks, either...

Comment

Working...
                          X