First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chargeroo
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Allen is going to be double teamed in every game until we can find enough other help that teams can't afford to do that. Whether it is Williams, Palmer, Guyton, Parham or Austin ... someone needs to step up and be that/those guy(s). KC is impossible to stop because they have too many weapons. We need to be in the same boat.
    KC really only throws it two players - Kelso and Hill. Their other receivers are nothing special. But, those two are among the best in the league. I think our one and two match up well compared to the Chiefs. We lack the TE and Guyton simply doesn't get open enough and has the drops. I won't be surprised if they look for a WR next off-season to replace Guyton.

Leave a comment:

• Caslon
    replied

First time I seen MW team leader in receiving yards.

Leave a comment:

• UglyTruth
    replied
    None of the other receivers besides Allen and Williams get open.

Guyton is fast but he doesn’t use the speed to actually get open.

Palmer hasn’t done anything in the reg season after having been crowned in training camp and preseason.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Allen is going to be double teamed in every game until we can find enough other help that teams can't afford to do that. Whether it is Williams, Palmer, Guyton, Parham or Austin ... someone needs to step up and be that/those guy(s). KC is impossible to stop because they have too many weapons. We need to be in the same boat.

Leave a comment:

• Craig440
    replied
    Guyton should have caught that long one in the end zone before the half. MWill would have caught that. I think TBilly would have caught it.

Leave a comment:

• AK47
    replied
    Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    MW is going to be a top 3 WR in the league this year if he maintains his current pace. Staley called him the best player on the field today. Lynn wasted him. Now we see who he is. I’d extend him right now
    MW is putting up big boy numbers.

Daniel Popper

@danielrpopper
    Mike Williams on the season:
    22 catches (tied for 3rd in NFL)
    295 receiving yards (2nd)
    4 TDs (tied for 1st)

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/st...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Leave a comment:

• chargeroo
    replied
    Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Not a bad point...if Mike Will has a 1,000+ yd. season and signs a big bank deal, I think we get a 3rd round comp pick for him...
    I wouldn't trade him for a third round pick. Third round comp picks are bottom of the round picks. Lot's of season left though and who knows where Mdub will be at year's end. Maybe they could sign and trade for another first? Maybe he'll have a peg leg by then.
    Wait and see.

Leave a comment:

• Formula 21
    replied

Not a bad point...if Mike Will has a 1,000+ yd. season and signs a big bank deal, I think we get a 3rd round comp pick for him...
    I don’t want a 3rd round comp pick. I want a big receiver that averages 15 ypc+ per catch.

Leave a comment:

• powderblueboy
    replied

Another McKitty and Pipkens is waiting for Telesco open armed with that draft slot.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Palmer most definitely not a replacement for Johnson. Two totally different WR's.
    As for not getting any looks, it's because he plays behind MW.....the man he's been drafted to replace next year.
    No way Mike opens talks now. He'll wait until after he's put up HUGE numbers this year.
    How's the compensation pick work? More money your guy signs for, the higher the pick, right?
    I'd bet if we lose MW to FA'cy we will surely draft another WR. Not sure Palmer is the guy to do it.

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    replied
    Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Palmer most definitely not a replacement for Johnson. Two totally different WR's.
    As for not getting any looks, it's because he plays behind MW.....the man he's been drafted to replace next year.
    No way Mike opens talks now. He'll wait until after he's put up HUGE numbers this year.
    How's the compensation pick work? More money your guy signs for, the higher the pick, right?

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    Postgame, the pundits on TV were saying the Chiefs need a big wr like MWill. He gets respect somewhere
    They never said that when they were beating everybody with speed, now they need a big WR?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X