First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

I would consider that leading the league in drops, when you're a #1 receiver, constitutes a drop-off.
    Did he lead the league in drops?
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-13-2022, 11:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FoutsFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Velo View Post

I agree with this Berserker76. Yes, Keenan did have more drops than usual, uncharacteristic of him. But his 106 receptions was 7th overall in the league and his 1,138 yds was 12th among WRs. He also scored 6 TDs. He's still playing at a really high level, and he's just going to turn 30 next season. My thing is, you have maybe the best WR duo in the league, and with other holes to fill on the roster, why not keep the WR unit intact, because it is elite. Don't mess with it, it aint broke. Mike and Keenan were 11 & 12 in yardage (separated by just 8 yds) among WRs this season. No other team had a pair of WRs in the top 12. Joshua Palmer is going to take a step forward next year, and when you add in Ekeler's contribution to the passing game, and Guyton's speed ability, it keeps the offense elite. KA is a big part of that, and I think he will be for several more years to come.
    We just need to get a high level TE, like Hunter Henry. Oh wait we had him and then TT shit his pants at the office and was out of it for some time cleaning up. Belicheat signed him while TT was otherwise busy.

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Aside from a few more drops Keenan did not have a drop off year at all.
    I agree with this Berserker76. Yes, Keenan did have more drops than usual, uncharacteristic of him. But his 106 receptions was 7th overall in the league and his 1,138 yds was 12th among WRs. He also scored 6 TDs. He's still playing at a really high level, and he's just going to turn 30 next season. My thing is, you have maybe the best WR duo in the league, and with other holes to fill on the roster, why not keep the WR unit intact, because it is elite. Don't mess with it, it aint broke. Mike and Keenan were 11 & 12 in yardage (separated by just 8 yds) among WRs this season. No other team had a pair of WRs in the top 12. Joshua Palmer is going to take a step forward next year, and when you add in Ekeler's contribution to the passing game, and Guyton's speed ability, it keeps the offense elite. KA is a big part of that, and I think he will be for several more years to come.

Leave a comment:

• Berserker76
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I would consider that leading the league in drops, when you're a #1 receiver, constitutes a drop-off.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am keeping KA13 for one more year - but 2023 - might have to rework that contract

And I agree about Mike Williams - either sign him long term or let him test the market. Personally, I probably let the market decide
    Another wishy washy answer.
    Before the Raider game you're for letting them test the market. After the game you said you think we should keep him and let Keenan go.

Now you're back to letting him test the market.

You change your mind weekly. You are a very undecided and seems you go by weekly performances.

Like if Campbell had a pass breakup and a INT you would want to keep him but he has sucked 85% of the time and is 29. I know you've never said that, I'm just saying that seems to be how you operate.

I think they should resign him and believe they will.

And it would be much better to do a 4-year contract instead of franchising because he's not going to make 19 million a year on a contract.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-13-2022, 11:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Sign Mike, do not franchise him. He had a rocky start here, but weathered the storm and proved he's a baller. Not sure what to do with KA, love the guy but he really dropped off this year. Maybe just a fluke year?

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am keeping KA13 for one more year - but 2023 - might have to rework that contract

And I agree about Mike Williams - either sign him long term or let him test the market. Personally, I probably let the market decide
    If you let Williams walk, who replaces him? WRs like Mike don't grow on trees.

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Sign Mike, do not franchise him. He had a rocky start here, but weathered the storm and proved he's a baller.
    You get it thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Sign Mike, do not franchise him. He had a rocky start here, but weathered the storm and proved he's a baller. Not sure what to do with KA, love the guy but he really dropped off this year. Maybe just a fluke year?

Leave a comment:

• Berserker76
    replied

Leave a comment:

• electricgold
    replied
    Mike Williams stats during his contract year: Rec 76 REC (27th), YDS 1146 (12th), TD 9 (Tied-9th), Avg. 15.1 (12th) The man deserves a contract based on these numbers.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBolt
    replied
    I ask JH10 what he thinks. Do you believe Mike is the answer and you trust him? If the answer is yes, sign or tag him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X