First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richpjr
    replied
    Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I think we did not know how bad they were until they were compared to a really good coaching staff.

Its like drinking bad Vodka all the time and then trying Titios. You may know the bad vodka is bad but you have no idea how bad until you try Titios.
    I'm not sure Titos is considered good vodka, is it? I don't drink much but a few friends that love vodka swear by Belvedere or Stoli Elit. But I definitely get your point - the prior coaching staff looks worse and worse as each week goes by.

Leave a comment:

• FoutsFan
    replied
    Originally posted by equivocation View Post
    Williams' play so far this year is a real indictment of the last coaching staff.
    I think we did not know how bad they were until they were compared to a really good coaching staff.

Its like drinking bad Vodka all the time and then trying Titios. You may know the bad vodka is bad but you have no idea how bad until you try Titios.

Leave a comment:

• equivocation
    replied
    Williams' play so far this year is a real indictment of the last coaching staff.

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied
    Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

The MIDDLE of a breakout season? I sure the hell hope he lasts more than 6 games.....
    In the midsts might have been the better phrase

Leave a comment:

• Heatmiser
    replied
    The other real bright side of the way Williams is being used is he is not getting hurt selling out to make 1-2 circus catches deep down the field per game and crash landing. That was how he was used before and it led to him missing a lot of time or playing banged up.

Also, I think him cutting his hair shorter has helped him activate and better express on the field.
    TG

Leave a comment:

• WindsorUK
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
    The MIDDLE of a breakout season? I sure the hell hope he lasts more than 6 games.....

Leave a comment:

• CivilBolt
    replied
    Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
    if he can keep this up for a whole season then he deserves to get paid.

for me i gotta see it a whole season first

hopefully this isn't a jared gaither situation either.
    Donald Butler and so on

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Mike Williams 2016 highlights. You get an idea of why Telesco drafted him.

Leave a comment:

• MagicMamba88
    replied
    if he can keep this up for a whole season then he deserves to get paid.

for me i gotta see it a whole season first

hopefully this isn't a jared gaither situation either.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt Dude
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FarAwayBoltFan
    replied
    Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
    If he keeps this type of play/production up for 17+ games, I’d say we franchise tag him while working on a long term contract.
    Waiting and franchising is safer but also riskier. We can make sure he is worth the deal but so can he. His willingness to negotiate is likely to go down while the contract cost goes up.

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied
    Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post

For the record, I always wanted to keep Mike Williams as a Charger. But, to my eyes he hadn't earned a $15 million dollar payday so I expected the parties to negotiate a long term contract commensurate with his past performance before the option deadline. That didn't happen.

Because they hadn't negotiated a contract, I expected the team to let him test free agency and was pleasantly surprised when they picked up his 5th year option. I saw it as a good faith effort to prove the team's interest in negotiating a long term contract with a smaller cap hit before the season started. That didn't happen either.

What has happened is that Big Mike has (so far) blossomed in the new system into a WR worthy of the 2017 #7 overall pick. He makes Justin better. He makes Keenan better. He makes the Charger's better. We should negotiate a contract to keep him while we are the only team he can.

The only contract leverage I see (other than the threat of the franchise tag) is the injury security of a long term deal. Each week that security becomes less valuable. So if I were TT, I call his agent 1st thing in the morning and try and get something done.
    If he keeps this type of play/production up for 17+ games, I’d say we franchise tag him while working on a long term contract.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X