First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blueman
    replied
    Originally posted by Velo View Post

The Chargers were the No. 4 offense in the league, more than good enough to get into the playoffs and win in the post-season. The defense was No. 23. Defense is where this team failed and why Justin Herbert is not in the playoffs.
    I call bullshit. What wins is scoring points, we had Oline breakdowns, bad passes, drops all over the place. If stats were all we’d still be in it, right? Every loss, we left points on the field. We need those points, we need players who can get us those points, if we had them the Raiders would be done. Upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
    Herbert is correct. He gets little credit in here.

Leave a comment:

• Formula 21
    replied
    Originally posted by attila View Post

Yep, let him go. Need some speed on offense and someone who can separate.
    LOL.

Leave a comment:

• attila
    replied
    Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    We have enough slow receivers.
    Yep, let him go. Need some speed on offense and someone who can separate.

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Originally posted by blueman View Post
    Okay, draft Jameson Williams or Burke, just don’t stand pat. We did not get it done on O, obviously (regardless of sexy stats).
    The Chargers were the No. 4 offense in the league, more than good enough to get into the playoffs and win in the post-season. The defense was No. 23. Defense is where this team failed and why Justin Herbert is not in the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• blueman
    replied
    Okay, draft Jameson Williams or Burke, just don’t stand pat. We did not get it done on O, obviously (regardless of sexy stats).

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Originally posted by blueman View Post
    Our WRs have been exposed, need to keep everybody, but also add a top FA WR like Adams. It would limit reps for secondary WRs/TEs but that’s the point, they ain’t getting it done. Why not trot out a base O of a blocking TE, Ekes, and MWill and Allen and Adams?
    The Chargers offense was better with its current WR corps than the Packers offense was with Davante Adams.

Leave a comment:

• blueman
    replied
    Our WRs have been exposed, need to keep everybody, but also add a top FA WR like Adams. It would limit reps for secondary WRs/TEs but that’s the point, they ain’t getting it done. Why not trot out a base O of a blocking TE, Ekes, and MWill and Allen and Adams?

Leave a comment:

• Boltinloudguy
    replied
    I would like them to resign Williams after how he stepped up last night. The question is, who do they replace him with if they don’t?

Devante Adams
    Russel Gage( I think could be a sneaky good signing)
    Allen Robinson
    Christian Kirk
    Chris Godwin

if they like Palmer that much, I don’t see them going after a player like Godwin, Robinson or Adams. Gage makes sense to me because he can slide right into the 2-3 spot. He’s had a decent season without Ridley. Then draft a mid round guy like Erik Ezukanma. I’m also still in on Joe Reed for another season.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I think Guyton and the other young guy could easily take his place. He is just too big. Look at the best receivers in the league...all around 200 or so 6 ft. Thats all you need. Jerry Rice size.

Now...make Mike Williams into a TE...I think he would be good there...if he could stay healthy. Which is another issue with him.

I often think...instead of him...would could have drafted Christian McCaffrey who was available at that slot. Rivers would have killed with that guy.

Leave a comment:

• cmplxgal
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I understand that.
    I'll just assume you never saw him play in college. I think they tell him he displayed warrants a chance and he will help us or not. Like I said it's ultimately after the coaching staff they see him every day in practice.
    I have no problem with keeping reed around. He was a star on special teams that could also be used in screens and such and has really good balance like Eckler.

:beer:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X