First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• like54ninjas
    replied
    This thread cracks me up.
    The vast majority of this board was calling for MikeDub to be traded prior to the draft.
    Posters badmouthing MW for the past 4 years for every reason they could think of valid or not.
    Now the board is on the Dub bandwagon. Funny what 3 weeks/games can do.

Leave a comment:

• UglyTruth
    replied

Williams has really improved as a route runner. Look at the move he does at the beginning of his route which allows him to get open.

We talk about how Williams is finally being used properly but the bottom line is that he wasn’t this crisp with his route running before. He’s actually getting separation now where as before most of his catches were 50/50 balls because he couldn’t get separation.

He’s developed well.

BTW Norton gets fucked up so badly on this play. He gave up so many hurries yesterday even if he didn’t give up an actual sack. His man was in Chargers backfield in less than a second nearly everytime.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post

I had my sights set on Jonathan Allen at #7 in that draft.
    7 Mike Williams
    8 Christian McCaffrey
    10 Patrick Mahomes
    17 Jonathon Allen

Leave a comment:

• foreigner
    replied
    We have our new Joiner/Chandler-Jefferson Combo this year. And I love it.... is it a premeditaed thing that we always have some sort of Air Coryell offense (At least passing ) no matter the HC or QB?

Leave a comment:

• FarAwayBoltFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Quite_Frankly View Post
    He always seemed a bit injury prone in the early years, and for games at a time would disappear.
    I've always felt the team picked up Mike's 5th year option to allow them time to negotiate a deal. But, the longer we wait, the more he produces, and the more expensive that deal gets.

Mike Williams' injury history is our leverage to convince him to sign a long term deal now. The sooner the better.

Leave a comment:

• FarAwayBoltFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Quite_Frankly View Post
    I remember that draft. Christian McCaffrey was available I thought that Rivers could have made really good use out of him, just like Darren Sproles, whom we always missed.
    I had my sights set on Jonathan Allen at #7 in that draft.

Leave a comment:

• equivocation
    replied
    At this point he should be signed or tagged next year. 14+ games to go. I've been somewhat down on him but he's playing at a high level right now.

Allen is getting older.
    Guyton (and Tyron Johnson for that matter) are replacement level players who happen to be fast.
    Palmer is a rookie.
    No high level TEs in the pipeline.

Gotta have a pipeline if you're gonna let Williams walk. Staley and Lombardi put him as the 'X' and so far they've been right.

Leave a comment:

• Panamamike
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleet Admin View Post
    Owes us a discount.
    Not really. He doesn't create the offensive scheme and call the plays. He's habited the injury bug but other than that he's been extremely productive. Now he's being featured, and look at him ball out.

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    replied
    Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Another McKitty and Pipkens is waiting for Telesco open armed with that draft slot.
    Or a solid DL...

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    replied
    Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I wouldn't trade him for a third round pick. Third round comp picks are bottom of the round picks. Lot's of season left though and who knows where Mdub will be at year's end. Maybe they could sign and trade for another first? Maybe he'll have a peg leg by then.
    Wait and see.
    What I'm saying is, if we can't work out a deal with Mike Will, at least we stand to get nice comp for him if he goes FA...OR, what about franchising him?

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    Having a competent HC changes everything
    like I said when he got hired, everyone has a new opportunity to rewrite their narratives
    that's what made this offseason less interactive for me because I had to suspend previous assumptions about al players, good and bad.
    Mike is obviously a great value moving forward so I trust Staley and Telesco and Mcguire to put their heads together and make Mike's agent a competitive offer.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

KC really only throws it two players - Kelso and Hill. Their other receivers are nothing special. But, those two are among the best in the league. I think our one and two match up well compared to the Chiefs. We lack the TE and Guyton simply doesn't get open enough and has the drops. I won't be surprised if they look for a WR next off-season to replace Guyton.
    The positions they play don't matter that much. Kelce is called a TE, but he spends most of his game split out like a WR, just like Gates did. You can call those guys TE, but they are receivers, regardless of what label you hang on the position. It all comes down to math.

Defenses, whether they are a 43 or 34, nickle, dime or quarters, rush 4 guys in their primary rushers, with 7 guys in coverage. There are 5 eligible receivers, so the D has 2 "extra" players. If an offense has 1 guy who you have to double, then they only have 1 extra defender. If you have 2 guys, then you don't have any extra. Actually a D does, but they are gambling when they leave the guy who needs 2 defenders on them when they only use 1. That means every time you blitz, or try and run a trap on a receiver or spy the QB, they are playing with fire.

If a 3rd or 4th guy can develop so they need to be doubled too, then the D has to play on their back foot and everyone is afraid to do too much. That is where we need to go. We need players who can get open on any given play, especially when they aren't doubled. Then they can only react to what we do, they cannot dictate to us. Right now, Keenan is the only guy who is at that level, and that includes Williams.

Williams was very productive today, but it may have had something to do with KC missing 2 CB. One guy went out early and the other early in the 2nd half. Williams was beating non-starters (remember nickle cb are starters), and the 2nd and 3rd CB for KC went out. Yeah, Williams took over and beat KC today, but can he do it against true starting caliber CB? He is doing better, but he still needs to pick his game up. He is close, but not there yet.

We are only 3 games into a 17 game season. It is going to depend on who, if anyone steps up. We can talk about it all we want, but at this point, we are guessing. It will be up to the players to step up or not. I can still see Williams being kept next season, with Allen, and the idea that we want Palmer or Guyton to be the #3 guy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X