• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Part of me thinks its time to keep MW and let Allen go

who had more drops this year? Allen or MW
    Lol, And that's as wishy-washy as it gets around here.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Straight-line speed is not an indicator for quickness like KA.

:coffee:
    I understand that.
    I'll just assume you never saw him play in college. I think the talent he displayed warrants a chance and he will help us or not.

Like I said it's ultimately up to the coaching staff they see him every day in practice.

Screenshot_20220110-145808.png

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

How do they do that next year? I guess they can agree to pay for KA contract partially and recoup some of the money for Williams contract. The only recourse is to Franchise tag Mike for 1 year and if KA continues to struggle let him go after next season.

:2cents:

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I believe he ran in the high 4.4's. I think. He is fast enough.
    Straight-line speed is not an indicator for quickness like KA.

:coffee:

Leave a comment:

• Boltx
    replied
    Be careful what you wish for.

MW leaves and you're left with an aging and drop-prone KA, and a bunch of unproven young guys. And god forbid if MW stays in the division or even the AFC. He will destroy us for years.

I'm not saying pay him whatever he wants...but sometimes you have to overpay a little. Can't let talent go and flourish elsewhere then complain about it, you can't have it both ways.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by dcblanton View Post

I don't think the Chargers will win anything with Keenan Allen. Calling your own teammate out like that is shady af. Allen is an amazing receiver, but team first. Always.

That also makes me think he knows that Mike Williams won't be back.

Leave a comment:

• dcblanton
    replied
    Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
    I don't think the Chargers will win anything with Keenan Allen. Calling your own teammate out like that is shady af. Allen is an amazing receiver, but team first. Always.

That also makes me think he knows that Mike Williams won't be back.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied

They've misused him. He's a part time running back plus receiving back somewhat like eckler. He's no where fast enough to be a consistent receiver.

:2cents:
    I believe he ran in the high 4.4's. I think. He is fast enough.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Velo View Post

You're still holding out Joe Reed will amount to something? I'd like to think of him as a Deebo Samuel type, but in reality I think it's a pipe dream.
    Absolutely. They get 3 years. He played very experimentally as rookie I missed this year with surgery. But you know it depends on what do they think of him.
    They see them at practice everyday. Joe Reed has the size of debo Samuel and was talented in college and can do what debo does if giving the chance.

I think he can offer us more than KJ Hill will. I'll put it that way.

Leave a comment:

• Boltdiehard
    replied

Why should they. Our biggest problem is keeping Herbert upright on the right side of the line. I'm for continuing to improve the trenches on both sides of the ball thru free agency. Williams is worth something but not $18+ million per year.
    I agree and am torn on Williams and I think Herbert can make most any WR productive look at Johnson last year who is hanging by a thread in the NFL now. I would rather have a glass eating linebacker and hammer to match with Eck. I think RT and RG will be addressed based on last offseason.

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
    They’re gonna go with Palmer and I read they really like him. Not saying I agree with it but I don’t see Spanos Inc giving Williams big money.
    Why should they. Our biggest problem is keeping Herbert upright on the right side of the line. I'm for continuing to improve the trenches on both sides of the ball thru free agency. Williams is worth something but not $18+ million per year.

Leave a comment:

• Boltdiehard
    replied
    They’re gonna go with Palmer and I read they really like him. Not saying I agree with it but I don’t see Spanos Inc giving Williams big money.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X