• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

All the negatives to get rid of Deano just might be worth it...

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

#becarefulwhatyouwishfor
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

If they did a team swap I'd hope it would be straight up like the Rams and Colts (players remained on their teams).

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
          All the negatives to get rid of Deano just might be worth it...
          Yeah, because the Raiders have been such a well run franchise for the last 12 years....

Comment

• Savage Lizard
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Big Bear
            • Self-employed property manager.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
            Yeah, because the Raiders have been such a well run franchise for the last 12 years....
            Say what you will about his ridiculous haircut, but I think Mark Davis has done a great job. He hired someone who knew what they were doing and got the fuck out of the way, something his dad's ego would never allow. They have been drafting well and look to be improved. Most of the last 12 years is on pops, not Mark.

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Savage Lizard View Post
              Say what you will about his ridiculous haircut, but I think Mark Davis has done a great job. He hired someone who knew what they were doing and got the fuck out of the way, something his dad's ego would never allow. They have been drafting well and look to be improved. Most of the last 12 years is on pops, not Mark.
              I wouldn't say great but other than his hair I can't fault him for anything he has done during his tenure.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

the helicopter tour of San Antonio had to be a pisser to the terd faithful.

Comment

• Geezbolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Sun Valley, ID
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Savage Lizard View Post
                  IMO he has shown that he is smart enough to know his limitations and to hire people who know football.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ratenstein
                    This thread gives me nightmares.

Ok, if Spanos and Kroenke go to LA and Moe Howard Jr goes to SD, they could do a variation of a play from the old USFL playbook with the Blitz and Wranglers, or when the Rams and Colts owners swapped. Spanos becomes owner of LA Raiders and AL Jr owns the SD Chargers. The Raiders team would be lead by disgruntled new LA transplant Phil Rivers and the rest of the former Chargers team, and the new SD turbo-terds would be fronted by Carr unless he's a bust by then. Sounds horrible, but maybe Weddle stays in SD that way when our new GM gives him an old terd-approved overpaid veteran contract.
                    There is precedence in just such a thing happening. And it happened in San Diego!
                    The guy that owned the Boston Celtics wanted to move his team to San Diego. The Commisioner ( Larry O'Brien) said no way, so he worked out a deal where the the guy who owned the Buffalo Braves would swap teams with the dude in Boston.
                    Hence, the team that came to San Diego and became our Clippers, was made up of 1/2 Celtics and 1/2 Braves.
                    True story.

Comment

• TABF
                      Por debajo del promedio
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SoCal
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                      It would help out the Aztecs who I think are screwed come 2019 if we don't have a new stadium.

But I could never, ever root for the Raiders no matter what they call themselves just like I can't root for any team in LA. I would just be done with the NFL and given how crappy the game has become in the last few years that really isn't a big deal for me.
                      Because your loyalty is foul. City first...teams, players, coaches, owners are a constantly changing. ..the constant (in most cases) is the city!
                      Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
                      kroenke is the only thing keeping the chargers from going to la. If not for kroenke, the chargers would already be gone.
                      Sad but true

Comment

• TABF
                        Por debajo del promedio
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoCal
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        I would root for the LA Chargers over the San Diego Raiders, as distasteful as rooting for an LA team would be. But as an SDSU alum it would be real easy to channel my fan focus back to them.
                        You too have a fouled aligience... name in front, not the back theory applies!

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
                          You too have a fouled aligience... name in front, not the back theory applies!
                          I didn't say I'd like it, but I could never, ever root for a Raider team. Ever. Rooting for the Raiders is like rooting for Satan. Not gonna happen. Ever.

Comment

Working...
                          X