• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

Teams have been avoiding Cover 3 against us. Even the Cowboys, a nominal Cover 3 team, ran a lot of Cover 2 or split safety looks.

We'll see what Gus does.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
      Teams have been avoiding Cover 3 against us. Even the Cowboys, a nominal Cover 3 team, ran a lot of Cover 2 or split safety looks.

We'll see what Gus does.
      They may be limited depending on Moehrig’s health. He exited Sunday’s game at halftime with an ankle injury.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

They may be limited depending on Moehrig’s health. He exited Sunday’s game at halftime with an ankle injury.
        gusD says...
        Next man up.
        Keep it vanilla AF.
        :thumbsup:
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I can't recall a time when the Chargers got to face against a former DC in the next year (not as a HC). I'd expect Gus to change stuff up, but how much? Will he use Haywood and Perryman differently than he did with the Chargers? I'm confident we won't see a lot of defense at the sticks as there will be more yardage in the first and second downs and the Raiders will be on their heels.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

I see the power rankings have the raiders ahead of us. We need to fix that for next week's rankings. Stomp all over those raiders!
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• CivilBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
              I can't recall a time when the Chargers got to face against a former DC in the next year (not as a HC). I'd expect Gus to change stuff up, but how much? Will he use Haywood and Perryman differently than he did with the Chargers? I'm confident we won't see a lot of defense at the sticks as there will be more yardage in the first and second downs and the Raiders will be on their heels.
              Hopefully he takes all four quarters and half of the plane ride back home to do any in-game adjustments :thumbsup:

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                I see the power rankings have the raiders ahead of us. We need to fix that for next week's rankings. Stomp all over those raiders!
                It’s all about the wins

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

We'll see what Gus does.
                  Well, in crunch time vs. the Ravens, Gus stacked the box and went with single high FS...

gus picket fence raiders.JPG

In crunch time--OVERTIME--vs. the Fins, Gus again stacked the box and went single high...usually only rushes 4 though:

gus vs fins.JPG

Sometimes, Gus doesn't stack the box, but still single high FS...looks kind of like a modified Picket Fence...like here vs. the Steelers...

gus 3.JPG
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Topcat; 09-28-2021, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Here's Nick's full tweet:

RAIDER WEEK Message from Marty

For us
                    @chargers fans…it’s @raiders week! You know what time it is!!

Time to bow your neck and grit your teeth…and hit ‘em in the F-ing mouth!
                    Holy shiite. Did I really write Mary instead of Marty???? :freakout:

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Well, in crunch time vs. the Ravens, Gus stacked the box and went with single high FS...

gus picket fence raiders.JPG

In crunch time--OVERTIME--vs. the Fins, Gus again stacked the box and went single high:

gus vs fins.JPG

Sometimes, Gus does go with two deep safeties...he may stack the box, but usually rushes just 4 like here vs. the Steelers...

gus 3.JPG

TopCat Based on history, do you think this is normal for Gus -

I just remember the picket fence at the down marker that allowed a screen pass for YAC to gain field position.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

What did Bellichick play vs Gus in that NE 45 - LAC 0 beat down last year? That was kinda awesome in a horrifying way.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          Bosa and other veteran defenders who've played multiple seasons under Bradley might be able to help Lombardi prepare the offense with some insight about their former DC.

Comment

Working...
                          X