• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post
    Call me crazy, but I am looking forward to Monday Night football to listen to Peyton and Eli (and guests) discuss Herbert and the Chargers. I never, ever thought as a Charger fan I would listen to anything Eli says, but I have to admit that I've loved their Monday night coverage and analysis.
    Is the business model not simply Mystery Science Theater 3K - with the NFL waiving the redistribution disclaimer - so Peyton can Riff-Trak with his brother and other goofballs?

I love it.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Back around 2005 or 2006 season, Marty Schottenheimer hinted that there was bad blood between himself and the Raiders, Marty disliked them intensely, and Marty said someday he would let us in
      on his his grudge.

That never day came. It my opinion, it was personal w/ Al.

Comment

• UglyTruth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2018
        • Send PM

Call me crazy, but I am looking forward to Monday Night football to listen to Peyton and Eli (and guests) discuss Herbert and the Chargers. I never, ever thought as a Charger fan I would listen to anything Eli says, but I have to admit that I've loved their Monday night coverage and analysis.
        They usually have a guest (another NFL player) come on as well. It would be cool if they brought Rivers in lol.
        Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
        - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
        - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
        - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
        - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
          Fluent in Sarcasm
          • Jun 2013
          • Iowa
          • Man of the People
          • Send PM

Will be very interesting to see how Staley draws up the defensive game plan for this one. The Raiders D hasn’t really had to deal with a potent passing attack yet this year going against run heavy Baltimore, over-the-hill Big Ben, and backup QB Brissett. Their offense, especially Carr, has been pretty impressive but with 3 games of film on them I think Staley slows them down much like he did to the Chiefs.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I am glad you wrote this. I have always respected Peyton, even though I hated him as a Bronco. I have always hated Eli but this shows a different side of him and I am actually starting to like the guy. Similar to how I hated Marty for so long. THis was a brilliant stroke by ESPN and may really change how broadcasting the NFL goes.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Oklahoma
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
              Back around 2005 or 2006 season, Marty Schottenheimer hinted that there was bad blood between himself and the Raiders, Marty disliked them intensely, and Marty said someday he would let us in
              on his his grudge.

It was his hatred of Al Davis and the dirty Raider team. I spent a few years in KC and listened to many of his Chief players and former Chiefs still around the team in the 90s-tell their stories on the radio. Bill Maas, Will Shields, GM Carl Peterson, and Neal Smith to name a few. It was called Raider week and those guys said he had the players ready to run through a brick wall when the Raiders were up next.
              Marty went 18-3 against the Raiders as Chiefs coach from 1989-98 including a win in the 91 playoffs.
              Last edited by Leslie Grossman; 09-27-2021, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Speaking of Neil Smith,did he play for the Chargers well after his prime? I was trying to remember that the other day….

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Craig440
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

I also liked Marty's "Raider Week" haha he was really into that week and that made me into it.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

on his his grudge.

Paraphrasing Marty on that Monday Night in Oakland to start, I believe the 2006 season, Rivers first start - Chargers won 27 zip and the score wasn't that close. I think Rivers had under 20 pass attempts

But lip reading Marty: "RAiders are not going to MFing score tonight"

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2020
                      • Oklahoma
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      Speaking of Neil Smith,did he play for the Chargers well after his prime? I was trying to remember that the other day….

TG
                      He suited up 10 games for the Chargers in his last season 2000. Barely saw the field I believe. PFF says 5 solos and 1 assist.

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

I am glad you wrote this. I have always respected Peyton, even though I hated him as a Bronco. I have always hated Eli but this shows a different side of him and I am actually starting to like the guy. Similar to how I hated Marty for so long. THis was a brilliant stroke by ESPN and may really change how broadcasting the NFL goes.

TG
                        Agree.... the Manning brothers bring fun and interest to the Monday night games.....(better than the ESPN crew)

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

Is the business model not simply Mystery Science Theater 3K - with the NFL waiving the redistribution disclaimer - so Peyton can Riff-Trak with his brother and other goofballs?

I love it.
                          I love that show. Jokes come so fast.

Comment

Working...
                          X