POLL: If You Could Fix One Position on the Roster, Which Would it Be?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

Who do we have that's healthy and good enough to run the ball? Ekeler is hurt. JJ is hurt again. After those two I don't think we need to go any further. We don't have any decent playable RB's at this point. Do we?
    Yeah, good point. We should probably spend a 3rd on a RB. Zach Charbonnet, Zamir White, or Brian Robinson would look good as a RB2 next to Ek.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

I say DT but honestly, i am curious about out defensive scheme. On some replays of successful runs, I see only three defensive lineman with lots of space on either side of the center. To me its a no brainer to just run and gain yards in that situation. How about keep it simple. One DL per their OL. See what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
        Revisiting this thread after 7, I still think OL is the biggest concern, with DL a close second.

Unless one of the big-name edge prospects falls in our lap, I’d like TT to spend the first three picks on OL & DL. Signing a splash free agent wouldn’t hurt either.
        I have those two priorities flipped, but I agree that they are the top 2 issues as of right now.

That said, one issue that may need to be dealt with by next year is WR. We really do need more speed at that position--someone with legitimate deep speed.

Comment

Food for thought. When was the last time that you can recall, that a team was LAST out of 32 teams defending against the run, and that team was in any type of contention. Just does not happen. That is the number one thing all teams say they want and must do.

Until that is 'fixed" the Bolts will have problems. it puts too much pressure on the offense to have to score all the time, if they can even get the ball.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Hupperdoo View Post
            Food for thought. When was the last time that you can recall, that a team was LAST out of 32 teams defending against the run, and that team was in any type of contention. Just does not happen. That is the number one thing all teams say they want and must do.

Until that is 'fixed" the Bolts will have problems. it puts too much pressure on the offense to have to score all the time, if they can even get the ball.
            Hard to argue that, good post.

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2020
              • Send PM

DT for sure.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Right now...Right tackle even more so than defense. why? because we would be scoring in the thirties and probably keeping most teams in the twenties. 30>20 so that means a ton more wins...
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• foreigner
                  Tom Telesco is gone
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

I would like to replace Jerry Tillery.... sorry for keep hammering with him... to me he represents in a micro universe all of Telescos's failures....

Also RT, Herbert is our most valuable asset right now, we need to protect him.

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Why fix one spot. Trade deadline is tomorrow.

Telesco needs to call the Jets and the Bears and give up some draft picks and add talent to the right side of O-line. Judon wrecked the game with 11 pressures. Same thing happened vs Ravens and Cowboys. The right side didn't hold up.

Morgan Moses-RT James Daniels-RG

both are in last year of deals and their teams aren't going anywhere this year. And I dont think they would cost too much to get. 6th and Pipkins for Moses. 5th for Daniels.
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                      Why fix one spot. Trade deadline is tomorrow.

Telesco needs to call the Jets and the Bears and give up some draft picks and add talent to the right side of O-line. Judon wrecked the game with 11 pressures. Same thing happened vs Ravens and Cowboys. The right side didn't hold up.

Morgan Moses-RT James Daniels-RG

both are in last year of deals and their teams aren't going anywhere this year. And I dont think they would cost too much to get. 6th and Pipkins for Moses. 5th for Daniels.
                      Neither the Bears or Jets has anyone to backup Daniels or Moses, and both are starting right now.

The flip side of players not costing much to get is that they might be more valuable to the current team than anything they can get in trade.

Comment

• Tomdutchy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2021
                        • Send PM

Damn we missed out on Mark Ingram. Can we trade for a new DC and GM?

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I have those two priorities flipped, but I agree that they are the top 2 issues as of right now.

That said, one issue that may need to be dealt with by next year is WR. We really do need more speed at that position--someone with legitimate deep speed.
                          The one player in the draft that would fit perfectly for us is Jahan Dotson from Penn St.

Legit 4.3 speed. Sticky hands, twitchy, explosive deep threat who also returns punts. Just put up 11 rec. for 127 against Ohio St.

That being said, I want to spend our first 2 picks on OL/DL and I think Dotson will go in R2.
                          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

Working...
                          X