How close are you to your breaking point over Chargers possibly leaving San Diego?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

How close are you to your breaking point over Chargers possibly leaving San Diego?

I'm guessing most - if not all - will say everything's fine, the team stays in San Diego, and quit worrying.

Well, I'm sorry. I acknowledge I have my own unique issues (mood challenges) that color stressful things such as where my team will play next year but was wondering if anyone else is sort of already packing it in as Chargers fan and tired of the drama. Just had enough and would rather walk a dog, play frisbee, or do something else that's much healthier.

This to me, is literally like watching a loved one slowly fade away while in a hospital. Sure there's a sliver of hope but when you add everything together it looks rather bleak. And watching them wears you out because you're hoping for the best after some small victories only to see something bigger dash them away the next day or two.

UGH.
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"
  • Lightningwill_420

Yea. I packed it in. I'm set to root for them this year, but I've also already started looking into other sports to follow. I've got back into the Padres. There is Aztecs basketball. And, as far as a winter sport, I'm thinking I'm saving all that money I would have wasted on the Chargers and go spend it on the Jamaican (inappropriate plant deleted) Cup. It already sounds like a much better plan. I should have done it years ago. Eff the Spanoses. I wish there was a way I could get all the money and time back that they owe me. With that, I could actually enter the Jamaican Cup and do a tour of all the other Cups around the world.

Comment

• sandiego17
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

This BS is ruining the offseason. But I'm an addict, as soon as its settled, I'm over it pretty much immediately. In general, I don't hold a grudge, except for the Raiders. F the Raiders.

Comment

• KNSD
        Registered Charger Hater
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Enjoy the drama. This is reality TV on steroids.
        Prediction:
        Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
        Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
        Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
          Enjoy the drama. This is reality TV on steroids.
          The Situation?
          Or Hulk Hogan?

Comment

I'll be a Charger fan regardless of their location.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
              I'm guessing most - if not all - will say everything's fine, the team stays in San Diego, and quit worrying.

Well, I'm sorry. I acknowledge I have my own unique issues (mood challenges) that color stressful things such as where my team will play next year but was wondering if anyone else is sort of already packing it in as Chargers fan and tired of the drama. Just had enough and would rather walk a dog, play frisbee, or do something else that's much healthier.

This to me, is literally like watching a loved one slowly fade away while in a hospital. Sure there's a sliver of hope but when you add everything together it looks rather bleak. And watching them wears you out because you're hoping for the best after some small victories only to see something bigger dash them away the next day or two.

UGH.
              Breaking point? San Diego is changing its name to Humpty Dumpty already...
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Cya.....

I am looking forward to an excellent season, an AFC West crown, and a healthy march through the playoffs. Enjoy your walks on the beach ��

Comment

• UtahBolt
                  Did we win?
                  • Jun 2013
                  • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                  • Send PM

That is what is making this all even more frustrating. I really think this if going to be a competitive team this year and will make a run at the division and possibly into the playoffs. I wish all this BS was done so we could just gear up towards what should be a pretty fun season on the field wise.
                  I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post

UGH.
                    Hmm, really i dont give it much thought and im already tired of reading all the stadium threads. I dont live in San Diego anymore and havent since 1996 so as much as id like them to stay and hate LA teams, id probably still be a fan probably just not as hardcore a fan. I do think they will end up staying but who knows. Im not losing any sleep over it. I ve got more important matters like my recent arthritic knees and treatments coming up i will have and i still have to work while dealing with it.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 06-09-2015, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• SDFan
                      Woober Goober
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Dolores, CO
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

I don't have a breaking point on this anytime soon. I've diversified my sports interests over the years and don't invest my heart & soul into this. A good example is I knew the last 2 years off NOrv Turner would suck, but Deano was too chicken shit to make the right call- and I didn't make watching or listening to the games as much off a priority as other options. I followed things like the draft with interest and waited to see if the year's team was really improved or just same old same old. When that came into focus early on and they sucked, its off to do other stuff. The team is playing 2015 in San Diego for sure, so no sweat for another year. I'll bet they can't get out in time for the 2016 season either. I'm already halfway moved out of San Diego now and will complete transition in a few months, so If the Chargers move out of San Diego while being whiney bitches it will be that much easier to completely sever the relationship and seriously look into taking up Golf with lots of time to practice, do more mountain biking, etc.
                      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• TTK
                        EX-Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • America's Finest City
                        • Send PM

I'm still a huge football fan but my interest has started to slowly wane in recent years. Part of it was Norv but part of it is seeing how despicable and greedy the NFL can be and it's really showing in recent years and especially with this LA issue. I'm just not a fan of any other sports really except for soccer but only when the World Cup is happening so that can't fill the void like football can. I'm trying to get back into the Padres but I'm just not a huge baseball fan like I used to be when I was a kid. If the Chargers leave, maybe I'll try to get into college football. I'm already sick of all the stadium drama so I think I've already hit my breaking point but am still following it closely because following the Chargers is such a huge hobby for me.

Comment

Working...
                        X