How close are you to your breaking point over Chargers possibly leaving San Diego?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
    I'm still a huge football fan but my interest has started to slowly wane in recent years. Part of it was Norv but part of it is seeing how despicable and greedy the NFL can be and it's really showing in recent years and especially with this LA issue. I'm just not a fan of any other sports really except for soccer but only when the World Cup is happening so that can't fill the void like football can. I'm trying to get back into the Padres but I'm just not a huge baseball fan like I used to be when I was a kid. If the Chargers leave, maybe I'll try to get into college football. I'm already sick of all the stadium drama so I think I've already hit my breaking point but am still following it closely because following the Chargers is such a huge hobby for me.
    Wow. That's it. I thought I was alone!

I can even relate to being much more of a Padres fan as a youngin than now. I used to listen to all Padres games I possibly could. My Grandma from San Diego would send me the San Diego Union newspaper when I lived in Missouri in 1975. Came in a brown wrapping all rolled up. I was so geeked for that newspaper even though it was at least two-three days old by the time I got it. She knew how much I loved the Padres. Not so much any more.

Thank you TTK
    Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 06-09-2015, 11:02 AM.
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Wheels
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • San Diego
      • Send PM

I'm getting over it quickly. I'm sure if the team stays I'll harbor no ill-will, but the team's attitude right now is pissing me off. What's also bothering me is not knowing where my loyalties should lie. The draft was probably the least interesting for me in 20 years simply because I kept thinking why should I get excited about a player if the team is leaving. If they leave, I not only will not root for them, I'll actively root against them. So I'm yearning for a resolution here. I've decided the NFL is dead to me if the team moves. I think they should hold more reverence for the existing fans. To me, the idea of shoehorning 2 teams into the LA market while taking away a team in the 9th largest city is ridiculous and would be largely an act of hubris. There's no way I would support any NFL product if they were to do this.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
        I don't have a breaking point on this anytime soon. I've diversified my sports interests over the years and don't invest my heart & soul into this. A good example is I knew the last 2 years off NOrv Turner would suck, but Deano was too chicken shit to make the right call- and I didn't make watching or listening to the games as much off a priority as other options. I followed things like the draft with interest and waited to see if the year's team was really improved or just same old same old. When that came into focus early on and they sucked, its off to do other stuff. The team is playing 2015 in San Diego for sure, so no sweat for another year. I'll bet they can't get out in time for the 2016 season either. I'm already halfway moved out of San Diego now and will complete transition in a few months, so If the Chargers move out of San Diego while being whiney bitches it will be that much easier to completely sever the relationship and seriously look into taking up Golf with lots of time to practice, do more mountain biking, etc.

Sounds like you have an escape plan. It will be hard to deal with if they don't get anything done with the city while the season plays on. That would be soooo fucked up.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

"The Chargers leaving San Diego" is about 2,455th on my "Breaking Point" list.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
            If you're having Chargers problems, QSmokey feels bad for you, son. He has 2,454 problems, but the Bolts ain't one.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Not all of us can climb mountains in Africa.

Comment

• TTK
                EX-Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • America's Finest City
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
                I'm getting over it quickly. I'm sure if the team stays I'll harbor no ill-will, but the team's attitude right now is pissing me off. What's also bothering me is not knowing where my loyalties should lie. The draft was probably the least interesting for me in 20 years simply because I kept thinking why should I get excited about a player if the team is leaving. If they leave, I not only will not root for them, I'll actively root against them. So I'm yearning for a resolution here. I've decided the NFL is dead to me if the team moves. I think they should hold more reverence for the existing fans. To me, the idea of shoehorning 2 teams into the LA market while taking away a team in the 9th largest city is ridiculous and would be largely an act of hubris. There's no way I would support any NFL product if they were to do this.
                I'm with you 1000%.

I'm trying not to take sides on this but ultimately it's Dean's decision so either he does what's right or he sells out. If they leave, I won't simply just side with the Mayor. I'll blame everyone involved for not getting something done.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

We survived Norv. #boltup
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                    We survived Norv. #boltup
                    Atta baby!
                    sigpic

Comment

• bonehead
                      Undrafted
                      • Jul 2013
                      • TBD
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Yeah I'm getting a little tired of the "stadium" threads...I personally think they are staying, the Spani just want to squeeze every drop out of the deal to their benefit..I get it, it's business.

I'm very excited about this year, with Gordon in the backfield and everyone healthy I think we kick some ass...the contract squabbles don't matter to me much, they get worked out in some way eventually
                      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                        Yeah I'm getting a little tired of the "stadium" threads...I personally think they are staying, the Spani just want to squeeze every drop out of the deal to their benefit..I get it, it's business.

I'm very excited about this year, with Gordon in the backfield and everyone healthy I think we kick some ass...the contract squabbles don't matter to me much, they get worked out in some way eventually
                        When the game is squeezing every drop out of taxpayers, then it isn't business. There's another term for that.

Comment

• Den60
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                          Yea. I packed it in. I'm set to root for them this year, but I've also already started looking into other sports to follow. I've got back into the Padres. There is Aztecs basketball. And, as far as a winter sport, I'm thinking I'm saving all that money I would have wasted on the Chargers and go spend it on the Jamaican (inappropriate plant deleted) Cup. It already sounds like a much better plan. I should have done it years ago. Eff the Spanoses. I wish there was a way I could get all the money and time back that they owe me. With that, I could actually enter the Jamaican Cup and do a tour of all the other Cups around the world.
                          There is Aztec Basketball which, even with their price increase, is still a great value. Good luck getting season tickets, though. Last I heard the waiting list was something like 600. You can usually buy individual games through a ticket agency.

As for the Chargers I haven't held out much hope that they will stay because I don't think they want to. I will be disappointed and saddened for the people of San Diego but my life will go on. It might make it a bit harder to get a tee time on Sundays though. To be honest, the NFL has been losing my interest for some years now.

Comment

Working...
                          X