• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

Herbert didn't have his best game. Chargers still won. How often did that used to happen?

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

The Chargers are the No. 1 seed in the AFC. The hold they tie-breaker over the Bengals by virtue of strength of victory. The Chargers are the team to beat in the AFC.

Visit ESPN for the complete 2023 NFL season Playoff standings. Includes winning percentage, home and away record, and current streak.

Comment

• boldarblood
        Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Our run defense suddenly got better with Tranquill in there instead of Murray. Coincidence? Idk.
        Possibly an issue that the game hasn't fully slowed down for him yet. When it clicks, and I believe it will, Murray is going to beast.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          Pretty much retired......
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
          • Send PM

I love having a coach with balls. He has them, his team knows it, the other team knows it and he still goes for it. His team believes in him so much that they pull it off. Incredible........

Observations........Herbie was a bit off after a few of those big hits (blown assignments). KA had a very untypical set of the dropsies. Watching Ek tonight was just fun to do. I don't miss Hunter Henry......do you??? Nice to see guys like Tillery, Covington and Graziano make some good/great plays. Adderly is night and day different with Derwin as his on field mentor. Storm did very well in holding off Crosby most of the night. Right now Linsley gets my vote for offensive MVP because without him our line would be SO different.

We are atop the AFC West with 2 division wins under our belt. Life is good......bring on the Browns.

Comment

• Parcells
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Jared Cook really is a superior receiver to Henry. I know Henry was the better blocker, but I didn’t get how good of a receiver he was.

Comment

• UglyTruth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
              Herbert didn't have his best game. Chargers still won. How often did that used to happen?
              Keenan Allen as well. He didn’t just “not have his best game”, he was bad tonight. Gave up on routes, dropped balls, wrong routes etc.
              Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
              - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
              - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
              - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
              - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
              - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
              - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

LOL, Gruden complaing about the locker room being like a maze.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

…that’s exactly what I said…
                  Not exactly ​what you said but we get it.

You were ready to throw in the towel in the first quarter saying you would rather watch the defense while the offense did nothing. lol.
                  Got to have some faith. I very optimistic for this year with a new regime I think Telesco.FINALLY got it right.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                    I love having a coach with balls. He has them, his team knows it, the other team knows it and he still goes for it. His team believes in him so much that they pull it off. Incredible........

Observations........Herbie was a bit off after a few of those big hits (blown assignments). KA had a very untypical set of the dropsies. Watching Ek tonight was just fun to do. I don't miss Hunter Henry......do you??? Nice to see guys like Tillery, Covington and Graziano make some good/great plays. Adderly is night and day different with Derwin as his on field mentor. Storm did very well in holding off Crosby most of the night. Right now Linsley gets my vote for offensive MVP because without him our line would be SO different.

We are atop the AFC West with 2 division wins under our belt. Life is good......bring on the Browns.
                    If we beat the browns and Ravens the NFL pundits are just going to have to eat a bar of soap as they will finally have to give the Chargers some credo and it will kill them to do so! LOL!

:Cheers1:
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                      Pretty much retired......
                      • Sep 2018
                      • JoJa
                      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

If we beat the browns and Ravens the NFL pundits are just going to have to eat a bar of soap as they will finally have to give the Chargers some credo and it will kill them to do so! LOL!

:Cheers1:
                      Well the boys in the booth tonight called them the team to beat in the AFC West. Early, but I'll take it as it beats the alternatives.

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

Adderley, Tillery, White have all gotten better through the season so far. Good sign.

Comment

• Bolts&noles
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Keenan Allen as well. He didn’t just “not have his best game”, he was bad tonight. Gave up on routes, dropped balls, wrong routes etc.
                          Ka did let up:More Q Please:hi

Comment

Working...
                          X