Fehoko. Merrill. Get over here.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Regarding the part I bolded above--not to mention a whole bunch of crappy calls by officials.
      That is the deception that happens when you allow teams to run at will..... running the ball burns up the clock, reduces total number of possessions, and reduces total score of game, artificially keeping the game closer than it should have been.......

it took 4 miraculous Turnovers to barely beat chiefs......chiefs would have routed us if not for the 4 turnovers which were fluky......... you cannot count on getting multiple turnovers every week..... if you cant stop the run you can count on being gashed every week......

Chargers defense has forced fewest punts in league......

The
      Chargers defense matches up better against chiefs than it does the raiders who would prefer to run all over us if they can.....

Now if both teams focus on running, this could be a slow, boring low scoring FG struggle...... but odds are that only the raiders will be able to run successfully.....so we will have to beat them with the pass.....

Comment

• AK47
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
        Don’t forget how many times our Gus Defense got burned by QBs who can scramble. It was an immense source of frustration last season. Herbert may be able to tuck and run a bunch in this game and should do it if the seas part. To me he always seems reluctant to run and will go down field on an iffy throw rather than take an easy 5-8 yards

TG
        Our current defense seems to be designed to stop Mahomes from going outside the pocket and creating big splash plays of 25+ yards to Hill. We sorta have a ball hawking force you into mistakes defense. Probably the most effective type in a division that see's KC and now Carr 4 times a year not including playoffs. Then in the playoffs there's Josh Allen. The Titans and Ravens are the only real running centric teams in the AFC.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post

My point was that it's not likely to get worse with JJ and K9 on IR. Yes, it's bad...but we also don't seem to be giving up the long passes like last season.
          ok..... i agree...... but maybe it can get better?...... maybe they are better stopping the run than others.....

when you cant stop the run no one needs to throw long.....

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Stoked to watch this game! Let's go Chargers! Need to get the Mojo rolling. Anyone know if Sofi required vaccine cards to get in? I'm thinking allot of Raider nation may be unvaxxed!
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Last week's win in KC was really great but it will be a lot less meaningful if we don't win this one.

It's MNF and it's the hated raiders - we need this! No screwing up in the RZ, hold down on the penalties, make the kicks.

On defense, we need a "pressure in the face pass rush" and we need to slow down their run game.

Come on Bolts, show us your best tonight.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

I'd like to bring back the "two tons of fun" DL. Cheap vets who could push the pocket and tackle.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

I'm looking forward to all those "free" underneath passing yards we're gonna get tonight.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• PR#1
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

I hope Sofi is not 80% Raiders fans

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Thunder & Lighting right now in Glendale, CA. Good omens, baby.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                        Stoked to watch this game! Let's go Chargers! Need to get the Mojo rolling. Anyone know if Sofi required vaccine cards to get in? I'm thinking allot of Raider nation may be unvaxxed!
                        Yes, you must be carrying a vaccination card to enter.

Another lightning strike close be me, north of Dodger Stadium. This one set-off car alarms. No fooling. This does not happen in L.A.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Steve Young picks the San Diego Chargers.

Comment

Working...
                          X