• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Herbert and James stepped forward as our leaders.
    In particular, I love that Derwin came back to make the game-sealing INT after having allowed the 51 yard bomb to Ruggs.

That says *so* much, to everybody on the squad.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
      Besides Bosa and James, I think Tranquill is the best defensive player that Telesco has drafted.

He has solid athleticism, lot of hustle and high football IQ.

If he can stay healthy I think he can be developed into one of the best LBs in the league.
      Asante Samuel is playing like an all pro in his rookie season.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

In particular, I love that Derwin came back to make the game-sealing INT after having allowed the 51 yard bomb to Ruggs.

That says *so* much, to everybody on the squad.
        Listen to Staley’s press conference after the game. He basically takes the blame for Derwin on the Ruggs play. Said he’s asking Derwin to do 5 jobs and call the signals which is more than any other player and the guy is off the hook for any momentary lapse.

Comment

• sdchrgrboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2021
          • San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          I'm glad that Bosa is willing to take the hit on calling out the officials. The fines go to a good cause and probably tax deductable, but some times you have to wake the main office up. The mistakes in the long run even out, but the goal shouldn't be "be even" but "be fair".
          The funny thing is I read that he never swears, and is truly a nice guy, So he really must of been p$4ed and rightfully so to let it out on the officials.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Send PM

This is for Jamrock...Did you make it out of Sofi without getting hit or something thrown at you?

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
              This is for Jamrock...Did you make it out of Sofi without getting hit or something thrown at you?
              LOL. I am inclined to talk shit before during and after games. Not last night, especially exiting the stadium. Vastly outnumbered by drunk and hangry Raider fans.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Asante Samuel is playing like an all pro in his rookie season.
                Samuel is so *NOT* in over his head. It's already clear, he belongs. We've seen too many Craig Magers and Antoine Casons to NOT know the difference.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

I noticed 2 missed tackles last night. That’s it. Defense was on point

Comment

• sdchrgrboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2021
                    • San Diego
                    • Send PM

Go watch Staley’s press conference. Dude is juiced up talking a mile a minute. About the 4th downs he said Herbert has 100% of his trust because he’s earned it the way he works and plays. Says Herbert is so calm that it makes him calm. Interesting
                    I agree. I loved Rivers, but at times he got too worked up and then tries to make something happen. If Rivers was playing last night, I honestly believe in the 3rd qtr when things started to look a little rough, he would have forced a pass into coverage that would have been intercepted, Herbert is calm no matter what the situation and that translates to the other players. They are playing loose and that is a good thing.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Listen to Staley’s press conference after the game. He basically takes the blame for Derwin on the Ruggs play. Said he’s asking Derwin to do 5 jobs and call the signals which is more than any other player and the guy is off the hook for any momentary lapse.
                      Well, you know that Derwin certainly wasn't going to lay the blame at Staley's feet. lol As IF!

Point is, Derwin didn't lose resolve or focus after the Ruggs play-- he came back and made a play when one needed to be made, and it CLOSED THE DOOR. .

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sdchrgrboy View Post

I agree. I loved Rivers, but at times he got too worked up and then tries to make something happen. If Rivers was playing last night, I honestly believe in the 3rd qtr when things started to look a little rough, he would have forced a pass into coverage that would have been intercepted, Herbert is calm no matter what the situation and that translates to the other players. They are playing loose and that is a good thing.
                        I wonder how much more a coach like Staley could have gotten out of Rivers.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

I noticed 2 missed tackles last night. That’s it. Defense was on point
                          Tackling was VASTLY improved. On Special Teams, too.

Comment

Working...
                          X