• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UglyTruth
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2018
    • Send PM

Browns defense will be the best defense the Chargers have faced yet. So it’s gonna be a good challenge on that end.

Defensively, Chargers have to be completely zeroed in on the Browns running game. Mayfield is dealing with an injury and can’t really throw much so their gonna be completely fine with running the ball down the throats if their not stopped.

This is an interesting matchup coaching wise because both Staley and Stefansi are aggressive coaches that take analytics into account for their decision making strategy.
    Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
    - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
    - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
    - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
    - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
    - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
    - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I think you underestimate the Browns. They have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. The Browns fans are probably saying similar things about our team - barely won the first game, lost to the Cowboys, got lucky when the Chiefs turned it over four times, etc, etc.

I think our team is good but I think the Browns are too. Imo, our advantage is at QB.
      Big advantage at QB.......and i think WR. Baker doesnt seem to have good chemistry with Odell Beckam. And he just got back from rehabbing. He seems to have much better chemistry with Landry but of course Landry is hurt so he has ODJ, a rookie in Peoples -Jones and some other guy i forget his name. Like i said before, slow down their RBs and get some pressure and i think this isnt as hard a game as we think.
      Carr is a much better QB imo than Baker Mayfield.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

Worry more about pressure to Herbert and Brown ground and pound game than Raiders. Think it’s much closer game. It’s must see TV every week to see how Staley’s game plan adjusts to each opponent. Should be great match-up and game. Can/Will Chargers fans out number Brownies?

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

I think you underestimate the Browns. They have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. The Browns fans are probably saying similar things about our team - barely won the first game, lost to the Cowboys, got lucky when the Chiefs turned it over four times, etc, etc.

I think our team is good but I think the Browns are too. Imo, our advantage is at QB.
          QB, HC, team health.
          We'll have to beat a very good team and the injury report looks like it's a good time to do it.
          Pretty sure Merrill gets more snaps. He was very good on 3 snaps. Fehoko wasn't too shabby. We'll have a DL rotation that should hold up vs Cle ground game. In theory anyway. I look forward to a good contest.

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

QB, HC, team health.
            We'll have to beat a very good team and the injury report looks like it's a good time to do it.
            Pretty sure Merrill gets more snaps. He was very good on 3 snaps. Fehoko wasn't too shabby. We'll have a DL rotation that should hold up vs Cle ground game. In theory anyway. I look forward to a good contest.
            I think Staley is going to force Mayfield to pass. You can tell he’s affected by his torn shoulder. His passes were off last week.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Big advantage at QB.......and i think WR. Baker doesnt seem to have good chemistry with Odell Beckam. And he just got back from rehabbing. He seems to have much better chemistry with Landry but of course Landry is hurt so he has ODJ, a rookie in Peoples -Jones and some other guy i forget his name. Like i said before, slow down their RBs and get some pressure and i think this isnt as hard a game as we think.
              Carr is a much better QB imo than Baker Mayfield.
              I didn't know Landry is hurt. He's a difference maker when he's healthy. I saw their first game against KC and Mayfield was very accurate. Last week he was terrible. I hope we get the same guy as last week. They do have a sound OL so will we be able to slow down their run? If we can do that, it's a very winnable game. If not, we'll be biting our nails until the very end. But then, we're used to that. I still think Herbert will pull it off for us.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

QB, HC, team health.
                Be great to see both Merrill and Fehoko as part of our IDL rotation. Think they're both traditional A gap guys that'll keep blockers occupied and off our second level guys( allowing them to flow and make plays)

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

I didn't know Landry is hurt. He's a difference maker when he's healthy. I saw their first game against KC and Mayfield was very accurate. Last week he was terrible. I hope we get the same guy as last week. They do have a sound OL so will we be able to slow down their run? If we can do that, it's a very winnable game. If not, we'll be biting our nails until the very end. But then, we're used to that. I still think Herbert will pull it off for us.
                  Landry hasnt played since week 1 and is on IR. Not season ending IR but wont play against us anyways.

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

They are a tough team on both lines. I agree make Mayfield beat you in this one. I also don't think he processes very fast so Staley's disguised looks will give him problems beside the labrum, but have to force them to pass first and then cover well with fewer people.

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

Also Cover 2 is generally strong vs screens and other short passing game stuff. With extra guys back and eyes on the QB you have more opportunities to come up and tackle. It's pressure defenses that struggle vs screens.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Game plan prediction:

I’m predicting a lot (and I mean a lot) of shifting and pre-snap motions/disguises for this game—on both sides of the ball. Staley’s gonna make this Browns team think and rethink until they start doubting everything the see.

By the end of the 4th quarter they should be questioning base reality, wondering if the sky is blue and if water is, in fact, wet.

Our job will be to execute, remain disciplined, and avoid procedure penalties.
                        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                          • Send PM

[QUOTE=Boltjolt;n1255878]

Carr is a much better QB imo than Baker Mayfield.[/QUOTE]

I think that Carr lacks fire and just does not have "it". Mayfield on the other hand has fire to spare and clicks on the "it" factor IMHO. This will be a tough game. Mayfield is injured and I would like for nothing more than Bosa, Fackrell, James et al. to pound him onto the Browns bench He's hurt......make him hurt more.........welcome to the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                          X