Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    Browns look like the Chargers of old on this injury report.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Browns look like the Chargers of old on this injury report.
      The Chargers of old just finishing training camp.

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

The Chargers of old just finishing training camp.
        Better yet…OTA …shorts and T-shirts. ACL occurs. Injured Reserve. Out for the season. Speaking of which, who misses Hunter Henry? Belichick isn’t getting what he pined for and what they paid for to get Hunter from the Chargers. Derwin James preseason injury I attribute to the overall tainted atmosphere that season, under the then Chargers head coach.
        Last edited by Caslon; 10-06-2021, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Oklahoma
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          Slater holds too. But he's not called for it.
          yep, Slater is such a technician and so good between the ears his hands are almost always on his mans chest rather than too far outside which hides the grabs
          We are so lucky one of those last unnecessary wins with a coaching staff on the way out did not cause us to miss out on him.

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Biggest game of Slater’s career coming up, so far, considering the talent opposing him.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I think you underestimate the Browns. They have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. The Browns fans are probably saying similar things about our team - barely won the first game, lost to the Cowboys, got lucky when the Chiefs turned it over four times, etc, etc.

I think our team is good but I think the Browns are too. Imo, our advantage is at QB.
              I said the same thing in prior post - our advantage is at QB, and HC. I guess we’ll see who estimates what. I think you underestimate your own team, you amplify imperfect moments and ignore obvious steady improvement.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Heatmiser
                BetterToday ThanYesterday
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I think you underestimate the Browns. They have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. The Browns fans are probably saying similar things about our team - barely won the first game, lost to the Cowboys, got lucky when the Chiefs turned it over four times, etc, etc.

I think our team is good but I think the Browns are too. Imo, our advantage is at QB.
                I live in Browns country. There is a ton of respect for the Chargers. Even the most homer type Browns fans love and respect Bosa (lot of that is OSU) and Herbert (lot of that is a fan base not sold on Mayfield). Browns fans very much like us. So happy for recent success, always waiting for the other shoe to drop because we don't feel like we are supposed to have nice things.

Wills is pretty banged up so if he plays he will be playing at like 75% capacity and that is optimistic. Unfortunately his primary backup is now healthy (Hubard) and he is better than a lot of team's starters. Newsome wont play but will be replaced by another top five pick in Greedy Williams who just maybe starting to get it after a poor start to his career. Mayfiled has a bad non throwing shoulder that might be messing with his motion and he is getting roasted by fans and media here for his game against the Vikings. But not many teams have a running game that gets 35 yards on a third and 33 and sets them up for a FG as time runs out on the half.

Browns defense just had best 2 game stretch in many, many years. How much of that was Bears and banged up Vikings? We'll find out. That defense has first round, HIGH first round, picks all over the place. At some point they had to start gelling.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• The Intellectual Assassin
                  Serenity now!
                  • Sep 2021
                  • North Carolina
                  • Teacher
                  • Send PM

This is one of the best teams we have had in years and to be honest the same can be said for the Browns also. Both sets of fans should be pretty happy with how their respective teams have played so far and hopefully we are the ones that come out on top.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Report: Baker Mayfield playing through partially torn labrum in left shoulder

The left shoulder injury Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield suffered in Week Two was a partially torn labrum.

That’s the word from Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, who reports that the injury will not require surgery “as of now.”

The Browns listed Mayfield on their injury report in Week Three but did not list him in Week Four or for yesterday’s first practice of Week Five. Mayfield, however, acknowledged that he’s been wearing a harness on his non-throwing shoulder while saying it shouldn’t affect his throwing ability.

While Mayfield says his accuracy hasn’t been affected by the injury, he undeniably has been throwing less accurately recently: He completed 75 percent of his passes in Week One and 90 percent of his passes in Week Two, the game when he suffered the injury. But in Week Three he completed just 61 percent of his passes and in Week Four he was down to 45 percent.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

I live in Browns country. There is a ton of respect for the Chargers. Even the most homer type Browns fans love and respect Bosa (lot of that is OSU) and Herbert (lot of that is a fan base not sold on Mayfield). Browns fans very much like us. So happy for recent success, always waiting for the other shoe to drop because we don't feel like we are supposed to have nice things.

Wills is pretty banged up so if he plays he will be playing at like 75% capacity and that is optimistic. Unfortunately his primary backup is now healthy (Hubard) and he is better than a lot of team's starters. Newsome wont play but will be replaced by another top five pick in Greedy Williams who just maybe starting to get it after a poor start to his career. Mayfiled has a bad non throwing shoulder that might be messing with his motion and he is getting roasted by fans and media here for his game against the Vikings. But not many teams have a running game that gets 35 yards on a third and 33 and sets them up for a FG as time runs out on the half.

Browns defense just had best 2 game stretch in many, many years. How much of that was Bears and banged up Vikings? We'll find out. That defense has first round, HIGH first round, picks all over the place. At some point they had to start gelling.

TG
                      Yeah, I always root for the Browns. Their fan base is long-suffering, and Chargers fans feel their pain. At least I do. I want them to go down on Sunday of course, but I wouldn't mind a rematch at Sofi in January for the conference championship game.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I said the same thing in prior post - our advantage is at QB, and HC. I guess we’ll see who estimates what. I think you underestimate your own team, you amplify imperfect moments and ignore obvious steady improvement.
                        I didn't "amplify imperfect moments", read it again. I said the Browns fans could be downgrading our team with those arguments.

I think this team is a real contender. I'm loving the direction Staley gives them. His belief in his team is evident. I love how he preaches "team'. It seems to me that a lot of things are coming together now. I still think we have the players on offense to score more. This team could be "Air Coryell" with a strong defense.

As I said after the raider game - this is fun!
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          Yeah, I always root for the Browns. Their fan base is long-suffering, and Chargers fans feel their pain. At least I do. I want them to go down on Sunday of course, but I wouldn't mind a rematch at Sofi in January for the conference championship game.
                          I am glad the Browns are a better team and having some success. Just not this Sunday. But the whole "Factory of Sadness" was both amusing and sad because the losing was so bad. Lets just hope this Sunday, the west coast office of the Factory is still open for business.

Comment

Working...
                          X