• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flanker7
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    Same thing for me. Slow their running game and get pressure on Baker and he is like Carr but he will run more.
    The Browns have a much better OL than the Raiders and Chiefs. I agree with you and everyone here on trying to slow down the run game and putting pressure on Mayfield early. I don't think our DL will win too often in the trenches but win enough to get Baker's feet happy to allow our DB's to dictate the plays. But I am confident Staley will have good game plans to exploit the Browns' weaknesses which aren't many.

This is the biggest test yet in my opinion. Win this one and at Baltimore and the Chargers will be the team to beat in the NFL.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
      Day One...
      • Mar 2019
      • Brentwood, 94513
      • Send PM

The Browns, the team the media loves to push to be good. They are a solid team with so much talent. We will have to play a smart solid game. One week at a time. We’ve seen some great game plans the past few weeks. I don’t see that changing, while our players are getting better with each other. I think we win a close game

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Build a lead, keep building. Clev can't come from behind with 80 yd drives on the ground.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Chargers have beaten what appear to be better opponents.
          LAC opponents W10- L6.
          Cle opponents W6 - L10.
          That is proof of nothing but it looks like we should be favored.

Comment

Originally posted by Classic View Post
            We need Chris Jones back. Stop the run and double/triple team Garrett. Baker can get hot on you if you give him all day. Browns are all around a well built team and really target us where we are weak(run defense). We're just gonna need to score early and often and have them try and keep up with us score for score.
            True, we need Justin Jones back, but he is on IR, so we are not likely to see him until around Halloween, Murray either.

Comment

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              Maybe I'm over-confident, but I think the Browns are going to be less of a problem than the Cowboys, Chiefs and Raiders. Mayfield has limitations as a QB, and Staley sure was prepared to shut down the Raiders' run game last night with the return of Jacobs. My confidence in Staley to prepare this team for each week's opponent grows exponentially after every game.
              Their defense has done well statistically overall, but they gave up 33 in a loss to the Chiefs at Arrowhead in a revenge game for them in which they were highly motivated and we beat the Chiefs there. Also, they have played against two 1-3 teams while we have played against two 3-1 teams, so we have definitely played against stronger opposition.

I think the Browns are good, but we are a little bit better.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

True, we need Justin Jones back, but he is on IR, so we are not likely to see him until around Halloween, Murray either.
                After the bye.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

After the bye.
                  Yep. They set it up that way to make sure that those two are right for the final 11 games of the season instead of battling ongoing nagging injuries. Hopefully, the strategy will pay off for us.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                    Charger Fan till the end
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Carolina
                    • Send PM

I think we get to see Staleys genius against the run teams this Sunday. If I had time id look at last year with the Rams to see how he performed again that type of team. I think his disguise approach allows is to stack the box as well as put the chrome dome up when they show pass. Staley has repeatedly shown he wins chess matches if our guys execute and keep penalties to a minimum.

Keeping the Staley Faith. He is going to stump Mayfield into June…bad? Yes

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                      Chargers have beaten what appear to be better opponents.
                      LAC opponents W10- L6.
                      Cle opponents W6 - L10.
                      That is proof of nothing but it looks like we should be favored.
                      I was going to post similar. I don’t take this game as a layup at all, it will be a dog fight. But I like our odds. Cleveland’s 3-1 is not as impressive as our 3-1.

They specifically beat
                      - Texans 1-3
                      - Bears 2-2
                      - Vikings 1-3
                      They lost to KC, giving up 33 pts

Their wins are against teams that are 4-8. The only reason Bears have 2 wins is because there are other horrible teams (Lions). Bears and Texans have horrible offenses. I’m not sure wtf Vikings are yet.

Their defense has to go against our best player in Justin Fucking Herbert, I will always bet on him against their D. Staley will dial up a plan to stop their rushing drives before they score too many TDs. Thats my theory to the win anyway … we will see.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• The Intellectual Assassin
                        Serenity now!
                        • Sep 2021
                        • North Carolina
                        • Teacher
                        • Send PM

This really is a tough one to call. I think we match up similarly in a lot of key positions and will come down to who does not commit a lot of penalties and who takes advantage of certain areas. Looking forward to it.

Comment

• JupiterBolt
                          ~ Charger Fan ~
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Jupiter, FL
                          • Send PM

I’m very curious to see how the game plan plays out with this one. We absolutely can’t have the same gameplay from the Dallas game. I love how the coaching scheme is different each week.

Comment

Working...
                          X