• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
    Only pointing out the obvious...

Imo the Chargers are a better playoff potential team than the Padres are this year and next for sure. The city would have been better off building a football stadium were Petco stands than a baseball only stadium buy team performance alone over those years...
    This has nothing to do with the current situation.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Still it's undeniable... Call it an informative non sequitur...
      Go Rivers!

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
        Still it's undeniable... Call it an informative non sequitur...
        Red Herring.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

You imply I'm arguing with you, no red fish!
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• MakoShark
            Disgruntled
            • Jun 2013
            • North Alabama
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
            More spin.

First off, the Padres were forced out because of the upgrades the city gifted to the Q (under no prodding from the Chargers). The Padres took it upon themselves to pursue the downtown site. Their mantra was "we need a new venue to be competitive" but they never resorted to the ugly bullshit the Chargers are now using (mostly because Larry Lucchino is a genius and Dean Spanos is not). Note, the city put up the funds for this upgrade. The Chargers gladly accepted it. They could've done what the Padres did but it was more cost effective to take the gift from the city.

Secondly, if you think the NFL (Tagliabue) dressed down the city like they did with no input from the Chargers, then I have a stadium site in Mission Valley I can sell you right now. Just wire me $500M directly to my bank account.

Everything that has happened to this current negotiations can be equally shared in blame by the city and the team. But right now, at this moment, the city is willing to deal and the Chargers are being assholes about it.
            You throw out a conspiracy theory and accuse me of a spin job? Ha! The Padres were forced out or they took it upon themselves to pursue a new stadium to be competitive, which is it? Doesn't seem likely that it would be both. So, the Chargers were supposed to turn down the upgrades and demand a new stadium at the same time PetCo was being built? Yeah, that was gonna happen.

On a side: I liked how the Padres got their shiny new stadium, then had the usual fire-sale and dumped all their talent. Classy.

Emperor.jpg
            sigpic

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
              You throw out a conspiracy theory and accuse me of a spin job? Ha! The Padres were forced out or they took it upon themselves to pursue a new stadium to be competitive, which is it? Doesn't seem likely that it would be both. So, the Chargers were supposed to turn down the upgrades and demand a new stadium at the same time PetCo was being built? Yeah, that was gonna happen.

On a side: I liked how the Padres got their shiny new stadium, then had the usual fire-sale and dumped all their talent. Classy.

[ATTACH]726[/ATTACH]

The Padres were forced out so their plan was to build Petco. So instead of crying about it or hiring a spin doctor to throw roadblocks, they acted like a partner to the city and got the thing built even with all the monkey wrenches people like Aguirre and Henderson threw at them. Not really hard to understand. I guess you don't follow what's going on here as close as you might like to think.

And not sure why you decided to get personal with me as I don't think I've attacked you personally, if I did I apologize as my intent was to challenge your ideas, not throw insults at you. As I stated over and over, both sides are to blame for this mess and what I'm looking at is right now what can we do to get this done. To me the Chargers are the roadblocks, the city is finally supposedly giving them what they want and they won't even come to the table to negotiate. How can anyone just give them a free pass like this?

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Anybody who is on the Spanoses' or the NFL's side of this is probably wrong on just about everything in life.
                Was there really a discussion about whether the fans were to blame for this?
                I was considering this my last year as a Chargers fan. However, after reading this thread, I may not even make it another week. I hate the NFL and hope it goes down in flames of cockroach cum mixed with rotten milk, anus juice, and Limburger cheese - worse than Ma Bell.
                Go Aztecs.
                Last edited by Guest; 07-09-2015, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• MakoShark
                  Disgruntled
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Alabama
                  • Send PM

And there you have it. The Spani are the Devil, incarnate.

I wasn't trying to get personal 6025. Just trying to make the point that some seem to have a 'sour grapes' POV of the situation.
                  sigpic

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I wasn't trying to get personal 6025. Just trying to make the point that some seem to have a 'sour grapes' POV of the situation.
                    I think the sour grapes POV can go both ways. I guess it's the old "agree to disagree" cliche but I think I'm pretty clear on my position, I can't hold the past against the city at this moment in time when they have a proposal they want to discuss and the Chargers are (and have been) blatantly lying about their intentions. To me that puts the Chargers squarely in the "bad guy" camp. If they reverse course and actually sit down and try to negotiate I reserve the right to change my mind.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Nah. The Spanoses just form the dick of the Satanic Voltron, a.k.a. the NFL.

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

[ATTACH]726[/ATTACH]
                        +1

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                          +1
                          So you don't quite understand the Padres chronology either. Got it.

Comment

Working...
                          X