• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
    I’m really happy with where we are and our future.
    We need to get healthier in the secondary.
    K9 returning soon will only bolster an improving D.
    DL with J. Jones is much better/Linval having a resurgent season/Tillery is …..
    Offense goes as far as Storm/Bulaga coming back healthy can take us.
    JH10 keeps growing in this new scheme.
    If we are healthy at the end of the season, we will be a tough out in the postseason.

Next offseason we could compose a roster something like this……..

- PROJECTED 53 - MAN ROSTER & STARTING LINEUPS -

OFFENSE (25) -

QB = J. HERBERT (R1/20), E. STICK(R5/19)

RB = A. EKELER (UDFA/17), K. BROOKS (R-R4/22), J. KELLEY (R4/20), J. MARTIN (R-R7/22)

HB/FB = S. ANDERSON (UDFA/19)

WR = K. ALLEN (R3/13), M. WILLIAMS (R1/17), T. BURKS (R-R1/22), J. PALMER (R3/21), J. GUYTON (UDFA/19), A. ROBERTS (FA/21)

TE = D. PARHAM (UDFA/20), T. MCKITTY (R3/21), L. KRULL (R-R7/22)

OL = R. SLATER (R1/21), M. FEILER (UFA/21), C. LINSLEY (UFA/21), O. ABOUSHI (UFA/21), C. ROBINSON (UFA/22)
    M. CUNNINGHAM (R-R2/22), B. JAIMES (R5/21), T. KARRAS (UFA/22), V. LOWE (R-R7/22)

DEFENSE (25) -

DL = J. JONES (R3/18), S. JOSEPH-DAY (UFA/22), BJ HILL (UFA/22)
    J. RIDGEWAY (R-R4/22), C. DURDEN (R-R6/22), J. TILLERY (R1/19)

EDGE = J. BOSA (R1/16), R. GREGORY (UFA/22), B. MOFA (R-R3/22), C. RUMPH (R4/21)

ILB = K. MURRAY (R1/20), K. WHITE (R4/18), D. TRANQUILL (R4/19), N. NIEMANN (R6/21), A. OBONGBEMIGA (UDFA/21)

CB = C. DAVIS (UFA/22), A. SAMUEL (R2/21), M. DAVIS (UDFA/17), T. CAMPBELL (UDFA/20), C. BRYANT (R-R6/22)

DS = D. JAMES (D1/18), N. ADDERLEY (R2/19), A. GILMAN (R6/20), M. WEBB (R7/21), Z. MCCOLLUM (R-R5/22)
    You splurged on free agency: Davis/Gregory/Robinson/Karras/BJ Hill/Williams/Aboushi/Jones/White .....
    and just negotiate a new 5 year contract with D. James while you are at it.

Telesco's head is spinning,

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

I thought at the beginning of the season that we’d go 10-7, figuring it would take Staley a year to get going as a coach and another year to fix both lines. Looks like Staley is better than expected early on and the D line much worse. The injuries to the right side of the oline quickly exposed the lack of depth so i think realistically we are a year away. Any success this year is a pure bonus for me.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
        This has been a good season so far even with some frustration. But anyone be fore the season started would be ecstatic being 5-3 and in fist at this point of the season. One thing is clear though, I need to see more Parham, I love the way he is developing and playing.
        Watching Parham is like watching a center in the post abusing a point guard.

More Parham please.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Brock Bowers N.M.W.
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

This has been a good season so far even with some frustration. But anyone be fore the season started would be ecstatic being 5-3 and in fist at this point of the season. One thing is clear though, I need to see more Parham, I love the way he is developing and playing.
          What really surprises me about this guy, being so tall...I figured he would just be a statue who had great catch radius...but he is shocking me with his after the catch yards...he doesn't look like a guy on stilts...very nimble and puts the shoulder down and gets in the endzone...very pleasantly surprised.
          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Brock Bowers N.M.W.
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            I thought at the beginning of the season that we’d go 10-7, figuring it would take Staley a year to get going as a coach and another year to fix both lines. Looks like Staley is better than expected early on and the D line much worse. The injuries to the right side of the oline quickly exposed the lack of depth so i think realistically we are a year away. Any success this year is a pure bonus for me.
            Had we not lost Jones, I think Dallas is a win...he would have made a difference there. Cleveland would have been easier, Ravens we were just spent I think. Outside of oline, dline depth/quality is a priority issue for the offseason, to be sure.

I know people are hard on Tillery, particularly because he was a first round pick...kid is a playmaker as a roleplayer...he actually is a good penetrator. But no anchor. If we could add just one more solid piece, I think this dline could take a leap forward...a healthy and in shape Jones may fit the bill just enough this year, but definitely need to add there.
            The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Slay looked like a little kid trying to tackle their dad on his TD catch.
              Yep...Parham pushed Slay out of the way as if to say, "out of my way, son...I'm making a house call!"

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Looks good, Ninja...just that I'm not all that high on bringing Kelley back...I'd rather dump both him and Rountree and find two more REAL RB's--one in the draft and one seasoned, proven FA...
                There are a few upcoming UFA RBs that could fit the bill for sure.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                  In a nutshell? We exceeded many expectations of fans here, and they let their hopes balloon...and when injuries exposed some of our weaknesses, these same fans realized that one year wasn't enough to build a SB team, and the shit hit the fan...

Objectively? We took a big step in the right direction, and have an unbelievable asset to grow at QB....and I believe a pretty good coach going forward. Some of you all want to live in the past, and some past mistakes by TT, front office, etc....yesterdays boxscore, folks. Let's move on. The future looks bright. There are gonna be some dips in the road, but be patient. It's looking pretty good from where I'm sitting. Nuff' said.
                  Perfectly said brother.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

What really surprises me about this guy, being so tall...I figured he would just be a statue who had great catch radius...but he is shocking me with his after the catch yards...he doesn't look like a guy on stilts...very nimble and puts the shoulder down and gets in the endzone...very pleasantly surprised.
                    He is very surprisingly agile and quick for such a big guy. Seeing him develop and his raw skillset is very fun indeed.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

You splurged on free agency: Davis/Gregory/Robinson/Karras/BJ Hill/Williams/Aboushi/Jones/White .....
                      and just negotiate a new 5 year contract with D. James while you are at it.

Telesco's head is spinning,
                      In-house signings will cost some $ but can be structured to be advantageous both $/keeping our young talent.
                      The UFA shouldn’t break the bank. S. Joseph-Day will be a hot commodity but hoping a little Staley influence comes to play. C. Robinson, R. Gregory, and C. Davis should be on the low end of
                      mid-priced for their positions on 3/4 year deals or even more cost effective 1/2 year prove it deals. Others I targeted are under $3M/$4M type signings.

I see TT/Organization are completely bought in on JH10 and have the monetary/draft capital to build a complete deep roster and unstoppable offense.
                      This opening championship window can be secured with an aggressive offseason in 2022.
                      I doubt the organization targets/signs many of the pending UFA or draft prospects I put forth.
                      I’m confident we will sign many/most of our in-house FA, be active in UFA, and move around in the draft to select targeted prospects.
                      Less confident in trading players, ours/for others equally, even though we should be looking to deal.

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                        No offense, but most of us know who’s returning and it clutters up who you think the team should draft and when.
                        Its tough to diss a post after someone put that much work into it.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Until the team wins the division, I'm not satisfied with just the team being where they are. It's been 12 years since they won the AFC West.

I'm tired of having a defense that's easy to run on. Chargers have been bad in run stopping for most of the time TT has been GM.

Staley is showing people why he got the job. I trust that he'll think of something to improve the run defense. He and Herbert give you reason to believe the franchise can get to the promised land. Thank God we have these two outstanding guys.

Comment

Working...
                          X