• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hadl2Alworth
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
    my apologies for any heated takes during the gameday thread...was maddening watching a 24 point lead slip away.

I will give the defense a ton of credit today for stepping up when it mattered. Honestly wouldn't have even been that close if it wasn't for the Ekeler fumbles.
    And they did it without Bosa and Jones. 4th quarter at least. That was impressive.

We're still an up and down team. That is the definition of maddening IMO. Although today we were up...down...and up again.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Bengals were missing like 3 starters alongside their OL, I think that played a bigger role in stopping their run game than Chargers defense did. It’s similar to the Raiders game from earlier this season where the Chargers shut them down because they had lot of injuries on the ol and the following weeks Chargers got smashed on the run game by teams with half decent OLs.
      We’ve better at stopping the run since the bye. It’s because Staley has been putting more in the box and less two shell look. However, the trade off is that we’re giving up more explosive passing plays especially on third and long.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

We’ve better at stopping the run since the bye. It’s because Staley has been putting more in the box and less two shell look. However, the trade off is that we’re giving up more explosive passing plays especially on third and long.
        Again, that doesn’t make sense because on 3rd and long we wouldn’t be in a run stop look with the box loaded

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not exactly but I find it weird that posters try to find faults when we win. We just need some consistancy.
          Consistency is key especially from all the guys still healthy.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
            Saying it for the second week in a row, this Chargers team can still run the table and finish at 12-5.
            Call them the Bipolar Bolts...look elite one week, stink up the field the next...which version will show up the next game?

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Again, that doesn’t make sense because on 3rd and long we wouldn’t be in a run stop look with the box loaded
              Let me rephrase this. They’re technically two different things. We’ve gotten better against the run. However, we’ve gotten worse against 3rd and long for whatever reason.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Burrow is a good QB and played with a dislocated pinky that got popped back in but that asside, i think Orvlosky is a little full of himself.

Get back to me when he has mallet finger.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Let me rephrase this. They’re technically two different things. We’ve gotten better against the run. However, we’ve gotten worse against 3rd and long for whatever reason.
                  Agree and today Cinci was 50% on third downs. Just didn't matter as much because we got turnovers and sacks.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

If I was an opposing team’s O coordinator, I’d throw to whomever Campbell was covering every play.

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Great win. Other than the turnovers, it was their most compete game of the year.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• UglyTruth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We were missing 3 starters on our DL so I’m not buying it
                        Our run defense was garbage when the DL was healthy.
                        Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                        - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                        - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                        - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                        - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

I think a fair amount of that has to do with Vato and Asante being out. Both were out for a few games and Asante has now missed what 5 games?

Comment

Working...
                          X