Chargers @ Raiders Game Day Thread / Post Game Discussion (Wk 18)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Herbert deserves better, he played hero ball on those two final drives, and he finished both drives with TDs. I've never seen a Chargers QB do anything like that. He looked dejected right after the winning field goal. I really felt for him. He played well enough to get this team into the playoffs. He finishes the season with 5,014 yards, 38 TDs and 15 INTs.

I don't know about Brandon Staley. His decision to go for it on 4th down on the Chargers 18 yd line was stunning. I'd like to see the analytics that say going for it in that situation is the right call. I don't believe it. I really don't know if he's really HC material. There are many good things about him, but there are some deficiencies too. Telesco and the Spanoses have to be a bit concerned about some of his decisions. I hope that Staley is able to grow as a result of the season and not make those mistakes next season.

I really think this team needs to retain Mike Williams, he is too good at crunch time. He's the best WR on the field in those situations. Don't let him go to another team, then have him come back and burn the Chargers like Hayward and Philon did or become a star on a team like the Patriots, like AP and HH.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I think staley showing how inexperienced he is at the NFL level, with all his qualifications, it’s still glaring that he needs more seasoning
      The Chargers under performed this year, period!
      Raiders got by with cast offs.....coaching matters.

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

How many more years until Herbert gets a head couch?

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
          The team played clutch to push it to overtime.

The defense could not get much pressure or cause a turnover to swing the game. And they need to be better. Defense wins championships.

Roberts 1st mistake of season happened at the wrong time.

Refs were terrible.

Staley trust his team to a fault. On the crazy 4th down call
          Ran Ekeler to left behind Fieler but Feiler got beat by Philon who blew up the play. If Feiler execute the block then Ekeler gets the first down there.

Needs:
          Lockdown CB1. Davis is a CB2 level player.

A quality RT. Storm makes for a cloudy turbulent pocket.

Speedy run after catch ability WRs.
          Guyton had a ball out in the flat one on one today and got tackled pretty easily. You get a Deebo Samuel type player catching that same pass out in space and he is going make that guy miss and get yac.
          agree with all of that..... and would add we need a real stud DT and a real every down all round LBer...... and a bigger power type RB who can rotate with our smaller backs....

Comment

• Canal Zone Bolt Fan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2020
            • Indianapolis, IN
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

This is stunning if true. Should this guy be a head coach?
            Its not like the team was well prepared for this game, so you might forgive it.
            He lost us the KC game

he didn’t get this team ready after a bye to play Houston

he was incredibly arrogant and stupid on that 4th down call

then the raiders were letting the clock run and he calls that final timeout

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Gus Bradley clowned Lombardi tonight....it was not just Staley's game management.
              We scored 32 points and put up 450 yards of offense - not sure how clowned that is.

Fumbled punt, missed FG, going for it on 4th down deep in your own territory, some bad penalties and the D allowing a 3rd and 23 conversion on a run are why we lost.

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post

Staley talks a big game about how important turnovers are and yet the Chargers turn the ball over with regularity and it keeps happens and we loose the turnover battle.most of the time.....remember Ekeler two fumbles, Jackson's horriblle fumble, Robert horrible fumble today costing bolts games....do rhea even practice high and tight two hands on the ball at contact.....New England sure does and their a perennial winner.
                I'm not saying he had a flawless rookie season as coach...but he showed enough. Let's see how he grows and develops from this.
                ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Don’t burn me for saying this but, I really enjoyed this season! I can’t say that about 2020, outside of herbert there were almost no positives last year.
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• bolthead123
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • San Diego
                    • I work in IT.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Look I'll be honest, I am not sure why he took a TO.

Could it have affected the Raiders' decision-making process? I guess? I doubt it though, I think they were genuinely going for the win and trying to eliminate us.

It's also meaningless - Josh Jacobs was tripping over himself gaining 6-7 yards at ease. I mean they could have kneeled and still gained 5 yards, that's how soft our defense was at that point.
                    It came down to better conditioning, coaching and the Raider players wanted it more -- i'm not saying our guys didn't want it, but the Raiders were more dialed in and focused, overall.

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

The defense could not get much pressure or cause a turnover to swing the game. And they need to be better. Defense wins championships.

Refs were terrible.

Ran Ekeler to left behind Fieler but Feiler got beat by Philon who blew up the play. If Feiler execute the block then Ekeler gets the first down there.

Needs:

Guyton had a ball out in the flat one on one today and got tackled pretty easily. You get a Deebo Samuel type player catching that same pass out in space and he is going make that guy miss and get yac.
                      This is why the end of the year is always so demoralizing - you realize you have a laundry list of needs that never gets shorter. So basically we need a D revamp, right side of the OL revamp, and WR corp revamp. Got it.
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• AZBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Refs were terrible.

Needs:

Agree Agree.....would add that Norton don't even belong in the NFL let alone start, he is a turnstyle......I have to check was Pipkins not available for some duty and support he was playing better??

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that a good portion of the raiders defense was castoffs from our team. WTF is that? our DC is a clown.
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X