Chargers @ Raiders Game Day Thread / Post Game Discussion (Wk 18)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    The sequence at the end of the first half was a back breaker. We had all the momentum up 14-10. Then they got a 1st down on a 3rd and 23 run and a bogus PI gifted them a TD. We got the ball to start the 2nd half and missed a fg. 10 point swing right there
    I say we also gifted them 3 points by going for it on our own 18, then two turnovers, one a short field at the start of the game plus the missed field goal, the chargers had no business going into overtime but Herbie carried us into overtime
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• dcblanton
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
      The NFL gets their darlings in the Raiders and Steelers into the playoffs. Chargers remain a joke. Everybody wins.
      The NFL would have much rather had the Chargers. Chargers are an LA team now. They have one of the young guns at QB. The NFL desperately wanted Burrow and Herbert to be in the playoffs. And, I think they would have faced off in the wild card if I remember correctly.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
        The Precious
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

What was Jacobs' YPC in OT?

He was gashing us no matter what. It was inevitable they would get into FG range, TO or no TO.
        With cracked ribs.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
          We turned the ball over 2x. Herbert was under more pressure, they aren't better but played better than us tonite Hate to say it too.
          Watching Crosby Stunt all night against our right side was enough to make me puke. I wouldn't even offer Norton a position next season!
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Depth wasn't much of an issue this game...no Charger starters went down that i am aware of.
            Murray was playing.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Ontario , Canada
              • Send PM

It was weird at the end I though they were content to let teh clock run down and try a 50? or so yd field goal or just run out the clock and get in

Then Staley took a time out? Why? That seemed to irk them and they ran another run play and got another 10 yds and beat us.

Comment

• bolthead123
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • San Diego
                • I work in IT.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Rambler View Post
                Waller didn't hurt us. Renfro got the TD but not a lot more. We don't have enough defensive pieces yet to make this work, to take away their best receiving threats and still stop the run. And our O-line struggled in this game.

But we didn't quit. We made it a game. We could have packed it in near the end, but we didn't.

Credit to the Raiders. They made just enough plays, this time.
                Unfortunately, there were a lot of amazing clutch plays that will get ignored because everyone is obsessed with Staley calling that timeout at the end. Raiders are actually a decent team

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                  The Precious
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Norton got destroyed that was bad.

Comment

• Silversurfer
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Los Angeles
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Depth wasn't much of an issue this game...no Charger starters went down that i am aware of.
                    KM#9

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

You can't be serious. We had over 100 yds in penalties . Anyone can be better than that
                      Is this a real point?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dcblanton View Post

The NFL would have much rather had the Chargers. Chargers are an LA team now. They have one of the young guns at QB. The NFL desperately wanted Burrow and Herbert to be in the playoffs. And, I think they would have faced off in the wild card if I remember correctly.
                        We beat ourselves, the nfl didn’t beat us and the raiders played really well but we should’ve still come out on top
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• SDBORN
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dcblanton View Post

Didn't look like it the way the refs acted tonight lol

Comment

Working...
                          X