Chargers @ Raiders Game Day Thread / Post Game Discussion (Wk 18)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Staley would never say or admit to it, but I wonder how much the defensive woes play into his decision making regarding 4th down. Who knows.

If he's stupid reckless next year then we can bring out the pitchforks.
    So you convert on 4rth down and you are now on the 20 yard line - so what?
    Unless Derwin & Bosa both have to run to the bathroom to take a crap and you need to stall for time,
    you simply don't gain much by converting.

It will still be absurdly stupid 10 years from now.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Looks like this guy is saying Adderley and White did not play their assignments correctly on the play before the game winning FG.

And that he thinks they should have kept the LB Murray in the game in the game.

Second guessing the call is easy to do.
      But if he is correct about the blown assignments, then how does that happen. There are supposed to be some of your better players. So why are they blowing assignments on key play of the game.
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

So you convert on 4rth down and you are now on the 20 yard line - so what?
        Unless Derwin & Bosa both have to run to the bathroom to take a crap and you need to stall for time,
        you simply don't gain much by converting.

It will still be absurdly stupid 10 years from now.
        I agree with you on that particular play, I was referring more to his overall aggressiveness on 4th down all season.

That was even worse than Marty's 4th and 8 against the Pats.
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• AZBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
          I’m sorry but Staley playing Murray that much was inexcusable and saying he’s a better man cover guy than Kyzir just makes me think he s not cut out for this. Murray should never be on the field ahead of Kyzir
          Totally agree I like Kizer a lot

Comment

• BlackMamba
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Bottom line, the defense was a liability on and off all season (which is a shame because that's Staley's specialty), but it killed us in the end just as it has at several low points of the season. Staley gets an offseason to shape the unit up, that's only fair, and we should have the resources to get him some more pieces and shore up the crappy depth (TT willing, ugh). But at the end of the day, we can talk about 4th down attempts, timeouts, penalties...whatever. The defense COULD NOT stop a team from running the ball down their throat when they knew it was coming. That's what it came down to. Fix that and the third down woes, and you might just have a legit contender next year.

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Herbert really showed remarkable grit.
              true.... amazing performance....... and he was getting crap kicked out of him.....

Comment

• UglyTruth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Lol,. Quitter
                When should I update my sig to add yet ANOTHER missed playoffs season under Telesco?
                Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

this is from Tony Dungy not some conspiracy theorist

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by BlackMamba View Post
                    Bottom line, the defense was a liability on and off all season (which is a shame because that's Staley's specialty), but it killed us in the end just as it has at several low points of the season. Staley gets an offseason to shape the unit up, that's only fair, and we should have the resources to get him some more pieces and shore up the crappy depth (TT willing, ugh). But at the end of the day, we can talk about 4th down attempts, timeouts, penalties...whatever. The defense COULD NOT stop a team from running the ball down their throat when they knew it was coming. That's what it came down to. Fix that and the third down woes, and you might just have a legit contender next year.
                    i think our defensive problems are more about lack of talent......not scheme.....

but what drives me crazy, is the raiders defense had several ex-chargers who we cut because they flat out sucked..... yet teamer and facsyon(whom every opponent targeted when he was a charger) were batting away passes.....?..... and suddenly they can play as raiders for our previous sucky coach????

​​​​​​​that makes no sense....

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

raiders needed lots of help from refs tonight
                      1 throw away from a walk-off TD
                      we have the right qb and hc, yes, I said Headcoach.
                      just need to Charger Harder in 2022
                      and use cap space to buy a defense
                      Sorry this post isn't negative enough but this is year one
                      stay the course

PS
                      I will never forget Herbert's gutsy 4th quarter 19 play game tying drive. shades of Rivers and fouts type toughness on that drive.
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                        https://twitter.com/tonydungy/status...791782402?s=21

this is from Tony Dungy not some conspiracy theorist
                        those are facts..... refs were trying to screw chargers....

MW was being held very obviously on Herbert's pick.......

horrible spots multiple times in game .... that were obviously wrong to any fan watching the game.....

NFL also wanted Steelers in playoffs over Chargers.....raiders and steelers have far more fans and far more ratings = $$$$$.......

the raiders also ruffed up Herbert many times but zero calls.....

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

I don't know if there's any point in watching the NFL when the Chargers keeping losing and missing the playoffs. I'm disgusted after watching the game. Of course the Raiders go to the playoffs to make a feel good story for John Madden's death. The league is WWE garbage.

Comment

Working...
                          X