Tom Telesco Discussion - Retained for 2023 Season.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    At least TT sees the smoke. Next comes the fire.
    If we arent deep in the POs next year its gonna be time to start a #FIRETT movement on all social media.No more talkin here about how much it sucks to be perrenial losers.Talk with our wallets and show the SpAnus clan we arent stupid enough to fall for the next season bullshit anymore.POs or get the F#&k outta here loser!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

If we arent deep in the POs next year its gonna be time to start a #FIRETT movement on all social media.No more talkin here about how much it sucks to be perrenial losers.Talk with our wallets and show the SpAnus clan we arent stupid enough to fall for the next season bullshit anymore.POs or get the F#&k outta here loser!
      The Chargers need to win the division next year for Telesco to keep his job. Period. None of this sneak in the last week with teams losing and the Chargers being the 7th seed

He should be fired already. Yesterdays press conference didn't do anything positive for me with respect to TOmmy POlian

And when I see Popper saying the Chargers probably will franchise Mike Williams - well that just tells me the Spanii being cheap

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The Chargers need to win the division next year for Telesco to keep his job. Period. None of this sneak in the last week with teams losing and the Chargers being the 7th seed

He should be fired already. Yesterdays press conference didn't do anything positive for me with respect to TOmmy POlian

And when I see Popper saying the Chargers probably will franchise Mike Williams - well that just tells me the Spanii being cheap
        I don't know if it is being cheap or just juggling the books for another year to see if we want to keep KA vs. Mike Williams. Getting Tagged is not the worst thing that can happen to mike. It certainly is not cheap for the one year. We do need money for defense so any more big contracts this year are probably off the books for offensive players next season.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I don't know if it is being cheap or just juggling the books for another year to see if we want to keep KA vs. Mike Williams. Getting Tagged is not the worst thing that can happen to mike. It certainly is not cheap for the one year. We do need money for defense so any more big contracts this year are probably off the books for offensive players next season.
          ts cheap - because it does two things
          1) Instead of signing him to say a 4 year 70m deal with 35m up front and a cap number of say 10 - he only had to pay out 18-19m and not the 35m for Mike Williams

2) and more importantly to me in roster building, it sucks up an extra 8-10m of cap space that cannot be used on other players. And for that say extra 8m - you can sign three veterans for 2.5, 2.5 and 3m which might be better depth than 7th round draft picks and UDFAs. Justin Houston signed for 4m last offseason with the Ravens. 6-8m of cap space for veterans can be used wisely

If the Chargers are truly serious about winning - they need to maximize the cap space . The Spanii spend to the cap but they do not push the cap. IF they franchise Mike Williams instead of signing him long term - probably saves Deano a good 20m of cold hard cash. Granted, it will show they used up X dollars of cap space. But there are many ways to use of X dollars of cap space.
          Last edited by Bolt4Knob; 01-21-2022, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

1) Instead of signing him to say a 4 year 70m deal with 35m up front and a cap number of say 10 - he only had to pay out 18-19m and not the 35m for Mike Williams

2) and more importantly to me in roster building, it sucks up an extra 8-10m of cap space that cannot be used on other players. And for that say extra 8m - you can sign three veterans for 2.5, 2.5 and 3m which might be better depth than 7th round draft picks and UDFAs. Justin Houston signed for 4m last offseason with the Ravens. 6-8m of cap space for veterans can be used wisely

If the Chargers are truly serious about winning - they need to maximize the cap space . The Spanii spend to the cap but they do not push the cap.
            you’re right about them being cheap and not having to come out of pocket for the big guaranteed money chunk by using the tag and it is a clear miss use of cap space to save money they don’t want dole out up front that eats up an extra 8-9 million of cap space.

But how can you say they spend up to the cap when they are rolling almost 10 mil into this years cap from last year’s cap? In a year when most teams barely had enough money to keep their players due to reduced salary cap? The patriots saw an opportunity to load up on talent when most teams couldn’t afford to keep their guys. The result was they went to the playoffs with a rookie QB that can’t be compared to Justin Herbert. The Spanos just saw an opportunity to save money. They can’t give you a single excuse why hunter henry wasn’t resigned, not one. Henry counted for like 6 mil against the patriot’s cap last year.

I’ll tell you what, had the chargers spent to the cap, not over it, but just to the cap last offseason, they would be in the playoffs right now!
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

If the Chargers are truly serious about winning - they need to maximize the cap space . The Spanii spend to the cap but they do not push the cap. IF they franchise Mike Williams instead of signing him long term - probably saves Deano a good 20m of cold hard cash. Granted, it will show they used up X dollars of cap space. But there are many ways to use of X dollars of cap space.
              Well, I mean so what...we have too many holes in other places to worry about any one players desire to get paid a big signing bonus that would affect the ENTIRE team cap wise this season. If Mike is hostile to the notion then I'm good for a tag and trade for a second rounder. Could it be that Mike is holding the Chargers hostage too. Don't the Chargers deserve something in return? Time for us to get something good in return for player stubbornness.

:coffee:

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

you’re right about them being cheap and not having to come out of pocket for the big guaranteed money chunk by using the tag and it is a clear miss use of cap space to save money they don’t want dole out up front that eats up an extra 8-9 million of cap space.

But how can you say they spend up to the cap when they are rolling almost 10 mil into this years cap from last year’s cap? In a year when most teams barely had enough money to keep their players due to reduced salary cap? The patriots saw an opportunity to load up on talent when most teams couldn’t afford to keep their guys. The result was they went to the playoffs with a rookie QB that can’t be compared to Justin Herbert. The Spanos just saw an opportunity to save money. They can’t give you a single excuse why hunter henry wasn’t resigned, not one. Henry counted for like 6 mil against the patriot’s cap last year.

I’ll tell you what, had the chargers spent to the cap, not over it, but just to the cap last offseason, they would be in the playoffs right now!
                Thats a great point - you make about spending more of their cash

I looked up Dennis Kelly - everybody knows I was harping to sign him last Spring. He signed for 1.5m - he wouldnt have been worse than Norton. Now maybe he was waiting for a team but if the Chargers had offered him say 3m in the spring, does he take it

Now, if they had spent say another 4m (Houstons salar) - maybe , traded for Ingram, traded for Hicks - would that helped the defense enough to be in the playoffs

So yes, to your point - if Deano had spent a bit more cash on the right players - they might be in the playoffs.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Well, I mean so what...we have too many holes in other places to worry about any one players desire to get paid a big signing bonus that would affect the ENTIRE team cap wise this season. If Mike is hostile to the notion then I'm good for a tag and trade for a second rounder. Could it be that Mike is holding the Chargers hostage too. Don't the Chargers deserve something in return? Time for us to get something good in return for player stubbornness.

Salary cap in the NFL isn't about signing bonus or AAV - its about the one year cap number and how you maximize it.

Mike Williams shouldn't give the Chargers a hometown discount. He should get whatever he can get. I just am saying that to maximize the ability to put a championsip roster together - the Chargers should either sign him long term or find another player. Franchising him to me is not the best use of cap space to build the best roster.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Salary cap in the NFL isn't about signing bonus or AAV - its about the one year cap number and how you maximize it.

Mike Williams shouldn't give the Chargers a hometown discount. He should get whatever he can get. I just am saying that to maximize the ability to put a championsip roster together - the Chargers should either sign him long term or find another player. Franchising him to me is not the best use of cap space to build the best roster.
                    If he's such a great talent then we should easily get a second rounder. No? Good players are just pricing themselves out the market place and it takes considerable time to train and develop your big payday. Chargers need to get something in return now! not two seasons from here. Sometimes you have to use some leverage to get a fair deal for teams as well. For every player that gets an average deal there are two deals where the ownership gets totally screwed.

:2cents:

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

this is precisely the kind of thinking the Spanos’ bank on to keep manipulating fans on the notion that “it’s a player greed issue” LOL. As long as season ticket holders keep buying that bullshit they’ll keep selling tickets. Mike is seasoned beteran has come into his own and has rapport with Justin Herbert. Hunter Henry didn’t get top TE money nor was he asking for it and now the team has a hole at TE and developing a 3rd rounder to start in 2022. Mind you they could still be developing him behind Hunter Henry and not probably counting on him to start year 2. This is where the depth issue comes up, you keep starting over with new guys and don’t have any depth as a result.

Firing TT is not going to change a damn thing.
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Thats a great point - you make about spending more of their cash

I looked up Dennis Kelly - everybody knows I was harping to sign him last Spring. He signed for 1.5m - he wouldnt have been worse than Norton. Now maybe he was waiting for a team but if the Chargers had offered him say 3m in the spring, does he take it

Now, if they had spent say another 4m (Houstons salar) - maybe , traded for Ingram, traded for Hicks - would that helped the defense enough to be in the playoffs

So yes, to your point - if Deano had spent a bit more cash on the right players - they might be in the playoffs.
                        We spent it but on the wrong players this season. Too many over paid has beens that screwed us this past season.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

this is precisely the kind of thinking the Spanos’ bank on to keep manipulating fans on the notion that “it’s a player greed issue” LOL. As long as season ticket holders keep buying that bullshit they’ll keep selling tickets. Mike is seasoned beteran has come into his own and has rapport with Justin Herbert. Hunter Henry didn’t get top TE money nor was he asking for it and now the team has a hole at TE and developing a 3rd rounder to start in 2022. Mind you they could still be developing him behind Hunter Henry and not probably counting on him to start year 2. This is where the depth issue comes up, you keep starting over with new guys and don’t have any depth as a result.

Firing TT is not going to change a damn thing.
                          Exactly - Mike Williams should get what he can. But if Deano truly wants to win - it might take some different use of the cap these next few years to than he has done previously

He also needs TT (or John Boy) to do a better job at talent evaluation.

Comment

Working...
                          X