Tom Telesco Discussion - Retained for 2023 Season.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

It is baffling and seems patently unfair. But it is reality. If Moore's system is really an unsystem and is just pieces of a bunch of other systems that changes all the time, perhaps Herbert is the best QB around to play in it? I mean the good news in all the instablility for Herbert is that by now he has seen everything and been exposed to everything? And him being so smart and having lots of experience learning not just new offenses but new playcallers is a plus I guess.

TG
    If Moore comes in and instantly jump starts the offense, (which I expect happens with a healthy Herbert, the young linemen getting some more experience and Slater back) than Moore will be a red hot head coaching candidate and won't be here long, meaning we likely end up with yet another OC and system.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

If Moore comes in and instantly jump starts the offense, (which I expect happens with a healthy Herbert, the young linemen getting some more experience and Slater back) than Moore will be a red hot head coaching candidate and won't be here long, meaning we likely end up with yet another OC and system.
      All the more reason to fire Staley and promote Moore to HC...especially if Staley makes a few dunb-dumb decisions that end up costing us games...now, if Staley DOESN'T make any or hardly any bonehead blunders and we make it at least to the championship game, he is most probably retained...and we'll have to find Moore's replacement...hopefully promote an assistant currently on the Bolts who continues using the same O...

Comment

• TTThunder
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Is Staley contract 4 years?

In case it is, we can promise Moore to be our next HC when Staley's contract expires (so he has to wait one more year only)...

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TTThunder View Post

In case it is, we can promise Moore to be our next HC when Staley's contract expires (so he has to wait one more year only)...
          Yes, but I think historically that the Spanii don't like lame duck coaches so I suspect he'll either be extended at the end of the year or fired if the wheels come off.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TTThunder View Post

I don't think that's gonna happen...that could result in Sulking Staley...

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Yes, but I think historically that the Spanii don't like lame duck coaches so I suspect he'll either be extended at the end of the year or fired if the wheels come off.
              Classic Spani move would be to extend Staley 3 years, and THEN fire him...

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                FUdean
                • Dec 2022
                • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

He's a below average GM and the Chargers need to overpay in free agency because of his inconsistent drafts
                  The Chargers need WR and TE - when two years ago spent 3rd round picks on - WR and TE! Granted the WR is pretty average and the TE can't block or catch

I am just waiting for him to blow a bunch of draft picks to move up for Mayer from Notre Dame

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                    FUdean
                    • Dec 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

He's a below average GM and the Chargers need to overpay in free agency because of his inconsistent drafts
                    The Chargers need WR and TE - when two years ago spent 3rd round picks on - WR and TE! Granted the WR is pretty average and the TE can't block or catch

I am just waiting for him to blow a bunch of draft picks to move up for Mayer from Notre Dame
                    problem is the FUdean nepotism runs that shiit show. TT MIGHT BE a good talent evaluator but gets overruled by the unqualified pos in the front office.

Comment

• captaind
                      Cook This Pork Chops
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Mars
                      • Ball Holder
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post

problem is the FUdean nepotism runs that shiit show. TT MIGHT BE a good talent evaluator but gets overruled by the unqualified pos in the front office.
                      Face it, TT couldn't get fired if he borrowed Babe Ruth's jersey & rubbed strawberries all over it. He's there for life.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post

Might is the key word. The reality is we don't know. It appears as if this is a make or break year for TT - I guess we'll see.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Might is the key word. The reality is we don't know. It appears as if this is a make or break year for TT - I guess we'll see.
                          I don't disagree that JohnBoy is in the room but when it comes to picking players - did John Boy really overrule Tommy T and say "we have to have McKitty and not Quin Meinerz"

Meaning does John Boy really get into the weeds. Now JT Woods makes sense for JohnBoy as that is pure speed - he sees 4.3 - and says "got to have that guy." But a guy like Josh Palmer - nice player but .. I guess just that, nice player

Comment

Working...
                          X