Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Future of Bosa

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Future of Bosa

    Anyone here believe it may be time to move on from #97?

    He still has his moments and is consistently double and triple teamed but he seems far too quiet in big games.

    I keep feeling like there might be one to two very good years left before he simply loses interest or takes another concussion.

    Would the Jets be open to moving one of their three first round picks for #97? If I am Saleh - I would move one of those 1st's for a pro bowl caliber player.

    If I am SD I would bet his time horizon is shortening significantly and I would take a shot at getting max value here.

  • #2
    Yea he sucks. Cut him and win the Salary Cap Super Bowl next year! Boo Yea!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
      Yea he sucks. Cut him and win the Salary Cap Super Bowl next year! Boo Yea!
      Of course he doesn't suck but is he a player trending upward and, most importantly, is he one that you see as fully committed for the next 1-2 years or the next 5 years.

      something about him makes me think we're looking at one to two years here. If that is the case, go get max value

      Comment


      • #4
        Or we could just try to find players on the DL that can take advantage of his constant double teams.
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

        Comment


        • #5
          Just cut him he sucks.

          Comment


          • #6
            Who do you have in mind to replace him?
            How many sack fumbles per game do you want to see?

            Comment


            • #7

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                Or we could just try to find players on the DL that can take advantage of his constant double teams.
                And also give you 10.5 sacks and 7 forced fumbles.

                I'd rather add to the DL not take away and have another hole to replace. Sign Chandler Jones to play opposite Bosa. Use Nwosu as rotation player to give them both a rest and have a 3 man rotation going. Two star pass rushers and a solid back up. Fork up some more cash for JC Jackson so you have a CB1.

                Players make plays.
                Add playmakers, don't subtract them.

                Draft
                1.K.Green-RT, 2.K.Gordon-CB, 3.J.Domann-LB
                Free Agency

                JC.Jackson-CB, Chandler.Jones-Edge

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DallasEire View Post
                  Anyone here believe it may be time to move on from #97?

                  He still has his moments and is consistently double and triple teamed but he seems far too quiet in big games.

                  I keep feeling like there might be one to two very good years left before he simply loses interest or takes another concussion.

                  Would the Jets be open to moving one of their three first round picks for #97? If I am Saleh - I would move one of those 1st's for a pro bowl caliber player.

                  If I am SD I would bet his time horizon is shortening significantly and I would take a shot at getting max value here.
                  Have to at least ask around. Bosa did say his concussions made him ponder an earlier than expected retirement. I'm guessing TT would ask for more than just one 1st round pick. Which is fine.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                    Or we could just try to find players on the DL that can take advantage of his constant double teams.
                    Agreed but the question isn't whether he can play but for how much longer will he be a difference maker.

                    I just sense (and, for no real reason beyond the fact that he was trending down this year and has had concussion issues) that we're looking at shorter time frame which makes the potential ability (theoretically for overall discussion ) to get a first round pick something worth considering.

                    Overall, we have to realistically consider Bosa's value. I don't believe he is trending up from what he was

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                      Who do you have in mind to replace him?
                      How many sack fumbles per game do you want to see?
                      A legitimate question. I don't think I have a current player in mind - I am more focused on whether he is a player at the value we think he is and if he will continue that for a period of time.

                      I know he has the strip sack run going (not diminishing) but I also feel like he is lesser and lesser impactful on games. He makes 1-3 plays on 65 snaps and it is never an endorsement to have been the second best player on a historically bad unit

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I just do not understand trying to fix one of the few things on this roster that is not broken. So many areas need attention, why go around and try to cause issues when you do not have to.

                        Its like a Jr. High school girl starting a fight with her best friend for the sole reason she feels she does not have enough drama in her life at this moment.

                        Fix what needs fixing and dont go around trying to break things for the sake of destruction and chaos.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X