• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DallasEire View Post
    Anyone here believe it may be time to move on from #97?
    No.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
      Outback Goon
      • Sep 2018
      • Australia
      • Send PM

Better DL play will open up Bosa, and when he getting sacks he is having fun

Keep Him

Comment

• Eurobolt
        *** Jim Harbaugh ***
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

Add some decent players to the D Line and OP will see numbers.

Bosa is great player and i am confident he will be ok.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
          Add some decent players to the D Line and OP will see numbers.

Bosa is great player and i am confident he will be ok.
          Last year the Chargers focused on OL. When you look at the cap space they had three FA signing: one cheap in Aboushi, one middle in Feiler and one big money in Linsley plus Slater and Jaimes in the draft (and if I had my way they would have spent $4-5m more on a guy like Denis Kelly - but..)

This offseason - besides signing Justin Jones, Kyzir White and Nwosu (or using his money in FA on an EDge) - they need to do the same for the defense
          IDL, CB and Edge - thats a lot of free agency dollars and draft picks

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Brock Bowers N.M.W.
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Some people are reacting badly to this question....but I think I understand the poster's question...or at least the reason for it....mainly is Bosa gonna get frustrated and quit/retire/move on. He has made no secret that he has been frustrated with the Chargers woes, and concerned with his own health.

But I ultimately think you hang on to him for as long as you can. Two most important players are Herbert and Bosa...need to continue to get Herbert an oline so he can be successful...need to continue to get Bosa a dline, so he can be successful...add another stud who can be disruptive enough to command double teams, and you make Joey's time in football worthwhile to him, and put our inconsistent pass rush over the hump. Couldn't get off the field on third downs this year...needs to be fixed.

Short answer: Keep Bosa, get him some f@#&ing help...
            The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• DallasEire
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
              I just do not understand trying to fix one of the few things on this roster that is not broken. So many areas need attention, why go around and try to cause issues when you do not have to.

Its like a Jr. High school girl starting a fight with her best friend for the sole reason she feels she does not have enough drama in her life at this moment.

Fix what needs fixing and dont go around trying to break things for the sake of destruction and chaos.

Fair enough. It appears fairly unanimous that I am a company of one here.

I know it is never easy to suggest moving on from a player still playing well. It is a value for value scenario. My biggest concern is just how much longer Bosa will be playing at a high level and i am apparently again a company of one when i see a player that we're overrating here. Again, not diminishing the fact that he makes a play or two ( strip sacks can be huge ) per game but i do feel like we're not getting game wrecking performances from him. There are far too many games with 1-2 disruptive plays out of 65-70 snaps for me to not want to explore filling the growing number of holes on this team with a move to pick up 1st round opportunities. My .02

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

If you are asking me would I rather have Maxx Crosby on my team next year as opposed to Bosa playing DE. Maybe.

What we need to do is just add some players to our D that fits our system better and get rid of the players that don't.

We need a killer D line and that's what TT and Coach Staley should really focus on. We also need to replace #9 with a probowl talented LB.

We have everything really to win, we just need to continue to add talent to our D to get it in the top 5, continue to build the Oline, add some good CB's for depth (seen enough of Chris Harris) and get a real every down sort RB. This is very doable in the off seaon.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                  Some people are reacting badly to this question....but I think I understand the poster's question...or at least the reason for it....mainly is Bosa gonna get frustrated and quit/retire/move on. He has made no secret that he has been frustrated with the Chargers woes, and concerned with his own health.

But I ultimately think you hang on to him for as long as you can. Two most important players are Herbert and Bosa...need to continue to get Herbert an oline so he can be successful...need to continue to get Bosa a dline, so he can be successful...add another stud who can be disruptive enough to command double teams, and you make Joey's time in football worthwhile to him, and put our inconsistent pass rush over the hump. Couldn't get off the field on third downs this year...needs to be fixed.

Short answer: Keep Bosa, get him some f@#&ing help...
                  Correct answer. 100%

Other than Justin Jones, the IDL needs an upgrade

Edge - even if you bring back Nwosu, where is Rumph so they need more help their

Another CB

So get Bosa some friggin help.

Comment

• foreigner
                    Tom Telesco is gone
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

Having Tillery in there doesnt help Bosa at all...

Comment

• foreigner
                      Tom Telesco is gone
                      • Sep 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Correct answer. 100%

Other than Justin Jones, the IDL needs an upgrade

Edge - even if you bring back Nwosu, where is Rumph so they need more help their

Another CB

So get Bosa some friggin help.
                      Fire Telesco!! And I'm dead serious about it!

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

While I do wish Joey could do what TJ Watt does for the Steelers, he is still a cornerstone of the franchise with what he does. You also have to look at the supporting cast that Bosa has in comparison to what Watt has in Pitt, or even his brother Nick has in SF. Without another beast upfront that can get the QB consistently, it makes it easier for opposing offenses to negate Joey. Joey did have 7 strip sack fumbles, which I think led the league. Nwosu showed flashes of being that other guy this season, he was a beast in the Raiders game.

Bottom line is - you don't move on from a player like Bosa, if you do, you can bet it will come back to haunt you when you play against him and he blows up your offense.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

I’m worried about Bosa’s desire and longevity after the comments be made this past season. He’s already contemplating walking away. He’s also being paid at the top of the league and is nowhere the impact player that guys like TJ and Maxx are for their teams. But we don’t need more holes on this team. We need to add talent.

I think we made a mistake letting Perryman, Heyward and Ingram go. Ingram was hurt a lot but brings intangibles to the defense. Perryman stayed healthy and was huge for the Raiders in a position that was a weak spot for us. And Casey is many times better than Harris.

Comment

Working...
                          X