Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    Never a fan of the Rountree pick.
    the search continues
    I was okay with the pick since it was a 6th and he had ST abilities. I think I was fine with whatever he could give us.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
      Id just assume Telesco stop trying to get the value RB in the draft. He sucks. So lets buy one. Melvin Gordon for 3M a year. I kid.

But maybe a guy like Booker who was just release by the Giants. Pretty solid last couple years. Patterson would be fun as he also plays WR and returner.
      We haven’t been good at buying one in FA either lol. Remember Donald Brown?

Comment

• Fleet 1
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Kauai
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Im thinking about guys who are still producing. Sure FA's come in after being productive and tank...but there are guys that are playing well. You can at least feel good about that. Its always a crapshoot with free agents. Not looking to break the bank here. Just looking for consistency.

ANd i dont view Brown as anything special. He had what...2 seasons where he averaged 4 yards a carry? Wasn't a huge fan of that signing.

We can do better in free agency than that. If TT is intent on a Colt...Mack is available. lol

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Under Telesco - sadly, this is a recurring theme (I still am clueless how he has a job).

But can only be positive and hope for the best until the Free AGent class is Mike Gesicki, Akiem Hicks and Stephon Gilmore.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Yep...or what about Ballage the Bust...one decent game, then fizzled afterwards...seems to me TT fails to sign a decent FA RB when there are several available in the off-season, then when injuries pile up mid-season, he scours the bottom of the FA barrel for dudes like Ballage...

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Telesco is invested in Staley.
              A GM who does not consult his HC about FA player acquisitions is an idiot.
              Last year's signings were TT's career best choices overall.
              Based on year 1 of TT / Staley free agency, I'm looking forward to year 2.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                Telesco is invested in Staley.
                A GM who does not consult his HC about FA player acquisitions is an idiot.
                Last year's signings were TT's career best choices overall.
                Based on year 1 of TT / Staley free agency, I'm looking forward to year 2.
                This is what actually gives me the most hope. Year 1 of TT and Staley was a success in free agency and the draft.

What CB does Staley have his eyes on? hmmmm

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...or what about Ballage the Bust...one decent game, then fizzled afterwards...seems to me TT fails to sign a decent FA RB when there are several available in the off-season, then when injuries pile up mid-season, he scours the bottom of the FA barrel for dudes like Ballage...
                  Kelley was a 4th round pick -- just a bad pick at this point (but its the 4th round so par for the course)
                  Rountree was a 6th - you get what you get

I think Telesco needs to hit FA for a serviceable veteran that has more proven ability. Patterson, though older, is intriguing because you have Ekeler so do not need a "workhorse" and he also will catch it and return it

Edmonds is an interesting thought as he is young with good potential and shouldn't break the bank

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Ballage was a mid season pick up that was cheap at least.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Kelley was a 4th round pick -- just a bad pick at this point (but its the 4th round so par for the course)
                      Rountree was a 6th - you get what you get

I think Telesco needs to hit FA for a serviceable veteran that has more proven ability. Patterson, though older, is intriguing because you have Ekeler so do not need a "workhorse" and he also will catch it and return it

Edmonds is an interesting thought as he is young with good potential and shouldn't break the bank
                      Patterson is nice if you can use him imaginatively like the Falcons did, and not just for ST. He’s what we wanted Joe Reed to be.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Patterson is nice if you can use him imaginatively like the Falcons did, and not just for ST. He’s what we wanted Joe Reed to be.
                        At this point, I like the Edmonds idea for a pure RB option with Austin Ekeler.

But you are right about the Falcons and how they used Patterson.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Interesting stat:

Of our five one-score wins, MWill got the last score for us in three of them (Ek had one, Kopkins had another).

Please, sign the guy long term. Figure the rest out.

Comment

Working...
                          X