Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
    J.C. Jackson is my #1 target, the Pats almost never give out huge second contracts and Jackson played really well in both man and zone this season. Similarly, Xavien Howard has asked out of Miami in the past and the Fins are going to be desperate to spend as much as they can to improve their offensive line/weapons for Tua, I think Howard is available if we're willing to pay the price. CB1 is where I hope Telesco takes the big swing, defensive line can be shored up with depth and value (although having a Chandler Jones or Khalil Mack opposite Joey would be awesome).

Side note, I really wish the draft was before free agency like the NBA does it. I hate going into the draft knowing you need to fill a specific spot.
    The Pats are going to let J.C. Jackson hit the open market. There was some thought they were going to Franchise Tag him, but Belichick has decided not to. Man, he would be a great pickup for the Chargers. He would fill a big hole, and it would be nice to steal some talent from the Patriots instead of the other way around.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
      Interesting stat:

Of our five one-score wins, MWill got the last score for us in three of them (Ek had one, Kopkins had another).

Please, sign the guy long term. Figure the rest out.
      w
      He will be back - I hedged a little the other day after hearing either Telesco or Staley but I was way too literal. I can't say the same for White, Jones or Nwosu - but MW81 will be back

Comment

• Air Coryell
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2021
        • Carlsbad, CA
        • Teacher, Coach, CFO
        • Send PM

Its better to play for elite OL than elite WR. Very few WR are worth 20M a year anymore. Easier to find a good WR than a good OL. Build our OL and give JH10 as much time to throw the ball. Also, build the trenches. Control the line of scrimmage.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The Pats are going to let J.C. Jackson hit the open market. There was some thought they were going to Franchise Tag him, but Belichick has decided not to. Man, he would be a great pickup for the Chargers. He would fill a big hole, and it would be nice to steal some talent from the Patriots instead of the other way around.
          Devils advocate: Why is Hoodie not franchising JC Jackson and letting him hit free agency? Also, his price tag could be $18-20m AAV - so thats Jalen Ramsey level

Bradberry still might make some sense - will be cheaper - granted a draft pick

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
            Its better to play for elite OL than elite WR. Very few WR are worth 20M a year anymore. Easier to find a good WR than a good OL. Build our OL and give JH10 as much time to throw the ball. Also, build the trenches. Control the line of scrimmage.
            I agree with that but it's not necessary to have one or the other. We can easily sign MW and Aboushi and add a new RT. Who said it will take 20M to keep MW?
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• AK47
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

The last couple SB teams may not have a dominate RB (it helps) but they sure do have some nice receiving weapons:

Kupp
              Chase
              Kelce / Hill
              Gronk/ Brown

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2020
                • Oklahoma
                • Send PM

If Telesco and Staley think Burks, Olave, or London will be there at 17....17th pick in the draft starts off at less than 3 mil per year, and Mike Williams won't go below 16 per I have to think he may not be back. One of those 3 seems likely to me to be the better value. Cowboys about to cut Cooper set to make 20 because apparently nobody will trade for him?
                WR also very deep this year?

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Big men don't do this

I would be thrilled to get him at 17!!!!!!!!!!
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Ballage was a mid season pick up that was cheap at least.
                    My point is, TT should have built decent RB depth by signing at least one solid FA in the off-season when he knew JJ had injury issues...and sure enough, he got injured mid season, forcing TT to scrape the bottom of the FA barrel for scraps, instead of getting the pick of the litter in the off season...

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

NFL@NFLCome for @UNIFootball OL Trevor Penning's 4.91u...

Stay for him squatting 625 and doing a windmill dunk. @TPenning58

: #NFLCombine on @nflnetwork43.5K views0:26 / 0:32Copy video address3:14 PM · Mar 4, 2022·Twitter Media Studio - LiveCut119 Retweets45 Quote Tweets807 Likes

Big men don't do this

I would be thrilled to get him at 17!!!!!!!!!!
                      Wow, a 625# squat...u think Penning might have a decent anchor?

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

^ This. And that's why I'm leaning drafting OT or D-line at #17...

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I agree with that but it's not necessary to have one or the other. We can easily sign MW and Aboushi and add a new RT. Who said it will take 20M to keep MW?
                          I think Mike and his agent...if they were asking $17 mil this would be a done deal. If the Charger org is asking Mike to take $13 mil he's gonna walk or take the Tag for one more year.

:hello:
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X