First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gzubeck
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

The guy has the emotional maturity of a 5-year old.
    Did you see the play where he was literally held with the arms of the Lineman completely wrapped around him and holding him completely. This must have been going on all game. But yeah, you can't lose your composure when we're still in the game.

Leave a comment:

• Boltnut
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

First thing I am doing this offseason is seeing what value Joey Bosa has in the trade market. Cap hit of $31m with $24m guaranteed

If you can trade him - you save $17m of cap space

I don't even care if its a 6th round pick
    The guy has the emotional maturity of a 5-year old.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

It does because you pin the entire 2023 season on the plan to let Pipkins walk and count on TT to draft a player in Rd 2 or 3 who will be even better as a rookie on day 1. The problem is you won’t be in the draft room, you’ll just be screaming at the TV again. The success rate of other GMs has nothing to do with TT. His OL success rate outside of Rd1 is horrible, its why we have 2 FAs playing today, Staley looked him in the eye and said his OL draft picks on the roster will lose games.

We have a quality starting RT now. Lets keep it that way and not head over to the craps table and hope to win more. We need to replenish our backup OG and C roster spots because the current backups all suck. Lets focus mid round draft picks there because we took care of business with our existing RT. Then Herbie is protected against OL injury with depth from LT all the way across to RT. Non-blue chip non-1st round OL picks get some time to develop. And we know somebody will get hurt at some point, it happens every year.

Its a wiser plan. Solve the cap elsewhere. Trench First. Cmon, Pres - get back on board with us, we need a strong Trenchident?
    First thing I am doing this offseason is seeing what value Joey Bosa has in the trade market. Cap hit of $31m with $24m guaranteed

If you can trade him - you save $17m of cap space

I don't even care if its a 6th round pick

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied

Jaimes has absolutely nothing to do with the Pipkins discussion. We have no idea how bad/good Jaimes is. He's only had a handful of snaps (@OC if I remember). He was drafted in the 5th round (Pick 159). Guys drafted in those rounds are drafted to be depth. Sometimes they never develop. Other times they turn into Pro Bowlers (Corey Linsley, Pick 161). You're right, there are no guarantees in the NFL Obviously, the higher draft picks tend to succeed at a higher rate. No where have I suggested we use a mid/late round pick to replace Pipkins. The success rate @OT in the 1st and 2nd round the last few drafts has been really good. That's what I'm proposing.

Their mediocre LG went from slightly above-average to below average in one year. How do you know that won't happen to Pipkins? Pipkins was terrible his first 3 years (so bad that Storm started over him). Now that he's had one decent year, you're demanding he be paid... even knowing that big contracts are coming to others soon. We paid Feiler because we were desperate @LG. He's not worth next the contract for next year. And now you're acting as if we're desperate @RT... so you're willing to make the same mistake.

Just because you can do something, it doesn't mean you should. And at this point, no one has shown that re-signing Pipkins is "do-able". If you think it is, then show me. This link has all kinds of tools... cuts/restructures/extensions... have at it!

It does because you pin the entire 2023 season on the plan to let Pipkins walk and count on TT to draft a player in Rd 2 or 3 who will be even better as a rookie on day 1. The problem is you won’t be in the draft room, you’ll just be screaming at the TV again. The success rate of other GMs has nothing to do with TT. His OL success rate outside of Rd1 is horrible, its why we have 2 FAs playing today, Staley looked him in the eye and said his OL draft picks on the roster will lose games.

We have a quality starting RT now. Lets keep it that way and not head over to the craps table and hope to win more. We need to replenish our backup OG and C roster spots because the current backups all suck. Lets focus mid round draft picks there because we took care of business with our existing RT. Then Herbie is protected against OL injury with depth from LT all the way across to RT. Non-blue chip non-1st round OL picks get some time to develop. And we know somebody will get hurt at some point, it happens every year.

Its a wiser plan. Solve the cap elsewhere. Trench First. Cmon, Pres - get back on board with us, we need a strong Trenchident?

Leave a comment:

• Boltnut
    replied

Why didn’t you call out Jaimes in your historical gaze? TT’s next OL pick could be him. TT picked Lamp and Feeney, he picked Fluker, and he picked a list of other failed OL draft picks. You say its a 100% lock that his next pick is a guaranteed starter on day 1 and better than Pipkins, who developed over 4 years. We know better - its not a 100% guarantee at all. We don’t like that you’d bet Herbie’s life and the future of the team. We already have a starting RT and that ain’t nothing to sniff at.

The big picture is we will have 3 OL starters on rookie deals next year. the Honorary Pipkins Club demands they be able to pay 2 OL starters out of 5 and if they have a cap problem somewhere else in the roster, then go and solve it somewhere else in the 220M roster cap. They paid 2 out of 5 this year, its not a change in cap allocation to the OL. We think he’s $8M and thats doable. Their mediocre starting LG makes that now.

You want to make a drastic budget cut to the OL next season. If they have a bulging cap problem somewhere else on the roster, the Trencher Law is they cannot fix it by decimating the OL.
    Jaimes has absolutely nothing to do with the Pipkins discussion. We have no idea how bad/good Jaimes is. He's only had a handful of snaps (@OC if I remember). He was drafted in the 5th round (Pick 159). Guys drafted in those rounds are drafted to be depth. Sometimes they never develop. Other times they turn into Pro Bowlers (Corey Linsley, Pick 161). You're right, there are no guarantees in the NFL Obviously, the higher draft picks tend to succeed at a higher rate. No where have I suggested we use a mid/late round pick to replace Pipkins. The success rate @OT in the 1st and 2nd round the last few drafts has been really good. That's what I'm proposing.

Their mediocre LG went from slightly above-average to below average in one year. How do you know that won't happen to Pipkins? Pipkins was terrible his first 3 years (so bad that Storm started over him). Now that he's had one decent year, you're demanding he be paid... even knowing that big contracts are coming to others soon. We paid Feiler because we were desperate @LG. He's not worth next the contract for next year. And now you're acting as if we're desperate @RT... so you're willing to make the same mistake.

Just because you can do something, it doesn't mean you should. And at this point, no one has shown that re-signing Pipkins is "do-able". If you think it is, then show me. This link has all kinds of tools... cuts/restructures/extensions... have at it!

Leave a comment:

• Fouts2herbert
    replied

Why didn’t you call out Jaimes in your historical gaze? TT’s next OL pick could be him. TT picked Lamp and Feeney, he picked Fluker, and he picked a list of other failed OL draft picks. You say its a 100% lock that his next pick is a guaranteed starter on day 1 and better than Pipkins, who developed over 4 years. We know better - its not a 100% guarantee at all. We don’t like that you’d bet Herbie’s life and the future of the team. We already have a starting RT and that ain’t nothing to sniff at.

The big picture is we will have 3 OL starters on rookie deals next year. the Honorary Pipkins Club demands they be able to pay 2 OL starters out of 5 and if they have a cap problem somewhere else in the roster, then go and solve it somewhere else in the 220M roster cap. They paid 2 out of 5 this year, its not a change in cap allocation to the OL. We think he’s $8M and thats doable. Their mediocre starting LG makes that now.

You want to make a drastic budget cut to the OL next season. If they have a bulging cap problem somewhere else on the roster, the Trencher Law is they cannot fix it by decimating the OL.
    I was YELLING at the TV when they picked jaimes because trey smith was still on the board, then they picked jaimes and then probably because they had already picked jaimes they passed on smith twice again in the 6th round just to draft nieman and rountree…OMG I was pissed…

I gave them the benefit of the doubt on jaimes last year but he looks like a kid that is ready to move from football, his body tells you everything you need to know, the guy was actually in better physical condition when he first arrived before he had money to buy all the fast food he wanted…he’s weak, he’s soft, he gets his ass kicked…

a full year of having the benefits of being able to both dedicate himself full time in the gym and to be able to afford the right diet to turn himself in a fit professional offensive lineman and he’s not doing shit right now, except maybe playing video games with his friends online from his couch, so disappointed in jaimes, I thought at least he could make a case for back up center…

I think jaimes is the worst lineman on the roster and that’s some crazy shit considering that norton is still around…jaimes is done…at least with pipkins you could see the agility, and the size, you could actually see why they liked his potential…jaimes was the #159 player taken in that draft and probably one of the worst picks this team has made over the last 3-4 years, rountree is in that club too…

meanwhile the chiefs got a potential probowl caliber RG that’s still improving, fucking ridiculous!

Leave a comment:

• Fouts2herbert
    replied
    Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

In the last 10 drafts, TT had landed an elite LT, a good-very good RG and a good OT / OG. All since Staley arrived.
    We may have a hot hand going on OL draft. Historically, WE SUCK at drafting OL but??
    Nah. A good RT on the roster is better than 2 cheap rookie prospects. We went through a lot of failed draft picks over 9 years getting Pipkins in place and playing well. Good ones are not dime-a-dozen in this house.
    They dion’t want him because he’s not tristan wirfs, LOL…pipkins displayed the best RT chargers play in a good 15 years this season, yeah, let’s let him walk, WOW!

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied

If you look at recent history... TT has done very well lately. Slater, Zion, and Salyer.

So, do we look at this as glass-half-empty...? TT drafted Fluker, Lamp, and Feeney. They were busts... therefore I don't trust TT to draft OT and OG.
    Immediately, you see the problem... with that attitude/philosophy, we wouldn't have Slater, Zion, or Salyer.

Listen, Pipkins was one of those busts... until he wasn't... for 1 year. And even this year... he was average to a little above average.
    I've had my eye on Pipkins this year... along with all of the OL. It's what I do. Pipkins still has a lot to work on. He's very inconsistent.
    Signing, or not signing, Pipkins will mean very little to our overall team talent next year. I don't hate Pipkins... I just believe we could do better. And for me, the money is the issue.

I can say it until I'm blue in the face... the cap is very tight next year! Even when you re-structure some players... or cut some players... or extend 1 or 2 players.
    And every time you re-structure or extend a guy... you are stealing from Paul to pay Peter. Every time you "save" on 2023's cap, you steal from 2024's or 2025's cap.

The "Big Picture" is this... You have 1 more year with a relatively low rookie QB contract. 2023 is the year you try to keep your roster relatively stocked with elite players (KA, MW, Bosa, Mack) and make a serious push for the SB. In 2024, 2 or 3 of those big-salary players will have to be let go. Herbert will get $30+ million in 2024. That's not an opinion or platitude... that is reality. In 2025, you have Slater and ASJ salaries/re-signs to consider. Along with that, will come some more high-priced players to consider for cutting/trading ect. Again, that's reality.

With the Herbert/Slater contracts coming up... there will be lots of "cheap rookie prospects" or value FA signings in order to fill out a 53-man roster.
    It's coming... whether you, me... Dmac, or FoutstoHerbie like it... it's coming. TT will have to be good in this coming draft... and the next... and the next.

Chiefs had to shed Tyreek's contract. Packers had to shed Davante's contract. At least they got draft picks in return.
    Look at the Rams and Saints... they got nothing in return. The beloved Sean Payton said, "I'm out of here". McVay might do the same thing...
    There are smart (however painful) ways to pay for superstar QB's... and there are stupid ways to do it.
    Chiefs and Packers understood the realities and made some very un-popular (but smart) moves.
    And here we sit... moaning and whining about Trey Fucking Pipkins... un-real.

Leave a comment:

• jamrock
    replied
    Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
    Let’s see him earn a playoff win

Leave a comment:

• Boltnut
    replied
    Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

In the last 10 drafts, TT had landed an elite LT, a good-very good RG and a good OT / OG. All since Staley arrived.
    We may have a hot hand going on OL draft. Historically, WE SUCK at drafting OL but??
    Nah. A good RT on the roster is better than 2 cheap rookie prospects. We went through a lot of failed draft picks over 9 years getting Pipkins in place and playing well. Good ones are not dime-a-dozen in this house.
    If you look at recent history... TT has done very well lately. Slater, Zion, and Salyer.

So, do we look at this as glass-half-empty...? TT drafted Fluker, Lamp, and Feeney. They were busts... therefore I don't trust TT to draft OT and OG...?
    Immediately, you see the problem... with that attitude/philosophy, we wouldn't have Slater, Zion, or Salyer.

Listen, Pipkins was one of those busts... until he wasn't... for 1 year. And even this year... he was average to a little above average.
    I've had my eye on Pipkins this year... along with all of the OL. It's what I do. Pipkins still has a lot to work on. He's very inconsistent.
    Signing, or not signing, Pipkins will mean very little to our overall team talent next year. I don't hate Pipkins... I just believe we could do better. And for me, the money is the issue.

I can say it until I'm blue in the face... the cap is very tight next year! Even when you re-structure some players... or cut some players... or extend 1 or 2 players.
    And every time you re-structure or extend a guy... you are stealing from Paul to pay Peter. Every time you "save" on 2023's cap, you steal from 2024's or 2025's cap.

The "Big Picture" is this... You have 1 more year with a relatively low rookie QB contract. 2023 is the year you try to keep your roster relatively stocked with elite players (KA, MW, Bosa, Mack) and make a serious push for the SB. In 2024, 2 or 3 of those big-salary players will have to be let go. Herbert will get $30+ million in 2024. That's not an opinion or platitude... that is reality. In 2025, you have Slater and ASJ salaries/re-signs to consider. Along with that, will come some more high-priced players to consider for cutting/trading ect. Again, that's reality.

With the Herbert/Slater contracts coming up... there will be lots of "cheap rookie prospects" or value FA signings in order to fill out a 53-man roster.
    It's coming... whether you, me... Dmac, or FoutstoHerbie like it... it's coming. TT will have to be good in this coming draft... and the next... and the next.

Chiefs had to shed Tyreek's contract. Packers had to shed Davante's contract. At least they got draft picks in return.
    Look at the Rams and Saints... they got nothing in return. The beloved Sean Payton said, "I'm out of here". McVay might do the same thing...
    There are smart (however painful) ways to pay for superstar QB's... and there are stupid ways to do it.
    Chiefs and Packers understood the realities and made some very un-popular (but smart) moves.
    And here we sit... moaning and whining about Trey Fucking Pipkins... un-real.
    Last edited by Boltnut; 01-14-2023, 09:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sonorajim
    replied

Naw, still disagree.

Leave a comment:

• Formula 21
    replied
    PFF Highest rated Chargers

LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

Highest-graded player: WR Keenan Allen (84.8)

Allen missed a big chunk of the 2022 season due to a hamstring injury, but he still finished as PFF's No. 9 receiver. Allen caught 77.6% of his targets in 10 games and did not drop a single pass. He's not the most dynamic receiver at this stage of his career, but he is among the most reliable.

Biggest surprise: T Jamaree Salyer (69.2)

When Rashawn Slater went down with a pectoral injury early in the season, it was sixth-round pick Jamaree Salyer who stepped up to the plate. While he was far from perfect, he did an excellent job filling in for Slater. He allowed just 10 quarterback hits and finished the year with a 75.9 pass-blocking grade. He'll make for an excellent swing tackle once Slater returns to the lineup.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X