Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boltnut
    replied
    Carman (the guy filling in for the injured Jonah W) just gave up a sack...

Leave a comment:

• Boltnut
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They said Jonah has given up 12 sacks this year. That's pretty awful.
    LOL! You're comparing apples to oranges. Did you see Herbie's completion chart for last night...? Someone posted it on another thread. Dink and dunk... dink and dunk. Whereas, Burrow hangs onto the ball forever.

Someone was trying to convince me that Pipkins was better than Abraham Lucas (based on number of sacks given up) on this thread several days ago. It's just not true... and ignores the overall work of a player... or who he's gone up against... or how effective he is on each play. Say what you'd like about PFF... but at least they're not looking through fans' glasses.

Pipkins: 59.2
    Jonah W: 61.2
    Lucas: 68.5

To be fair, I haven't watched Jonah Williams this year. But I have watched Pipkins and Lucas fairly closely. And, I'd say their evaluations of both are pretty close. People see what they want to see... "I'll see it when I believe it" - PM

Leave a comment:

• Boltnut
    replied
    Originally posted by Scotty Boy View Post
    There’s been a lot written about Joey Bosa’s immaturity and its cost - and effect - on yesterday’s loss.

One facet which I haven’t seen referenced but also played a HUGE (negative) impact, is his lack of containing the edge on run plays.

This offseason, Joey needs to re-evaluate himself and come back in 2023 with much more focus; if not, he becomes a trade/cut candidate in 2024. In the modern NFL, it’s all about value.,,.
    Yeah, Joey needs to grow up... and dedicate himself to the game. At this point, his trade value is the lowest it has ever been... coming off another injury and making mental mistakes. As you pointed out, 2024 is the first opportunity to cut him (still a $7 million cap hit). There is no cap hit in 2025.

But most people are talking about how to get out from under the cap debt next year. One of the quickest, most effective ways to dig out is to re-structure Joey Bosa (among others). But, if you're going to do that, you'll be pushing more guaranteed money onto 2024 and 2025's cap... making it harder/more expensive to cut. You'd have to make a financial commitment to him.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Yeah, I'd take Jonah over Pipkins. I'd also take the rookie next to him (Volson). I liked him when I watched his tape last year. He played RT for North Dakots State... which is when I started watching Cody Mauch, too. I'd take Mauch over Pipkins every day of the week... and twice on Sundays!
    They said Jonah has given up 12 sacks this year. That's pretty awful.

Leave a comment:

• Boltnut
    replied
    If you're watching the Bengals game right now... take a gander @rookie LG Cordell Volson. He's having a nice game. That's what a nice game looks like!

Edit: LOL! As soon as I say that, he gets beat inside...

Leave a comment:

• Boltnut
    replied

Special no but he was doing a decent job of riding the DE around Herbert.
    Just saw a stat on Jonah Williams during their game. Curious if you would take Jonah over Pip?
    Yeah, I'd take Jonah over Pipkins. I'd also take the rookie next to him (Volson). I liked him when I watched his tape last year. He played RT for North Dakots State... which is when I started watching Cody Mauch, too. I'd take Mauch over Pipkins every day of the week... and twice on Sundays!

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied

He gave up a sack to Trayvon Walker in the 4th. It was the play where Walker roughed up Herbert and got called for unnecessary roughness. Maybe it didn't show up in the stats because of the penalty... but it was there. Pip just got out-leveraged and pushed straight back into Herbert's lap.

You made me go back and focus on Pip. There's nothing special there. A lot of inconsistency. Zion had a below-average game.
    I hated the play-calling in the 2nd half (especially all of the predictable 1st down runs)... but there was a lot of sloppy play, too.
    Linsley and Feiler were probably our best OL last night. Salyer was above average before getting hurt.
    Special no but he was doing a decent job of riding the DE around Herbert.
    Just saw a stat on Jonah Williams during their game. Curious if you would take Jonah over Pip?

Leave a comment:

• Scotty Boy
    replied
    There’s been a lot written about Joey Bosa’s immaturity and its cost - and effect - on yesterday’s loss.

One facet which I haven’t seen referenced but also played a HUGE (negative) impact, is his lack of containing the edge on run plays.

This offseason, Joey needs to re-evaluate himself and come back in 2023 with much more focus; if not, he becomes a trade/cut candidate in 2024. In the modern NFL, it’s all about value.,,.

Leave a comment:

• Boltnut
    replied
    Originally posted by Trumpet Man View Post

Atta boy Nutty plus ...."Uncle Vito" will not have to collect the testicular debt forcefully.

Now as for the leprechaun shit - crack is bad.

Carry on
    What if a leprechaun gave up a testicle...?
    I'm just try to make dreams come true, here....

Leave a comment:

• Boltnut
    replied

Actually, I don't think Pip gave up a sack,..... we only gave up 2 and Allen blew by McKitty or Parham i believe for the sack as he was out wide.
    He gave up a sack to Trayvon Walker in the 4th. It was the play where Walker roughed up Herbert and got called for unnecessary roughness. Maybe it didn't show up in the stats because of the penalty... but it was there. Pip just got out-leveraged and pushed straight back into Herbert's lap.

You made me go back and focus on Pip. There's nothing special there. A lot of inconsistency. Zion had a below-average game.
    I hated the play-calling in the 2nd half (especially all of the predictable 1st down runs)... but there was a lot of sloppy play, too.
    Linsley and Feiler were probably our best OL last night. Salyer was above average before getting hurt.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

At least Sarrel is a quality speedbump on the way to the QB. Norton misses his blocks 50% of the time. Whiffs badly.
    Sarell is terrible. I've seen Storm play better than him and if the coaches think Storm is worse then they should of just cut him.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-15-2023, 05:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied

I didn't put much effort into exclusively watching Pip. IIRC, he gave up a sack. Unfortunately, it was impossible to ignore Sarrell and every time his man converged on our QB. Without hesitation, I can tell that he is not our future swing tackle.

I couldn't care less about timing.
    Actually, I don't think Pip gave up a sack,..... we only gave up 2 and Allen blew by McKitty or Parham i believe for the sack as he was out wide.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X