• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Not saying Dub is better, but Davonte is peaking now. TT seems like like a buy low, sell high kinda guy. Am I wrong? Plus, we can’t have our 2 best WRs going into their 30s in a year (Davonte turns 29 in 3 weeks and Keenan will be 30 next spring). I dunno. It’d be risky for the price, but oh so tempting.

And as much as I like Jameson Williams and Jahan Dotson, we can’t afford tail fins when our axle is broken.

1. DL/OL
    2. Edge/CB
    Yeah, I'd say Adams is "peaking". He's on pace to catch 120 passes for 1400 yards this year. He's an excellent route runner and generates separation... something MW doesn't.
    If I were Telesco, I'd be in Super Bowl mode the next 2 or 3 years. Both KA and DA have at least 3 more good/great years in them.

If we are to make a push next year, then RT, EDGE, CB, and IDL should be addressed this off-season. That leaves very little room to draft an impact WR. 4th/5th round WR's will not make an impact. Our 3rd round WR has barely seen the field this year.

I hope Telesco addresses the IDL through free agency. I'd like him to "buy low" a couple of NT's. Linval Joseph was a nice pick up. But he's probably the epitome of "sell high". And the run defense must be fixed before this team makes a SB run.

I'd be going CB/EDGE/RT in rounds 1-3. Rounds 4-7 I'd be fixing our depth problem @ RB, WR, LB, 4i, TE, and even safety.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

EDGE Jermaine Johnson Every snap vs. Notre Dame. I've even seen him flash a spin move. He's quick-twitch, has length, far more physical at the point of attack at EDGE than Nwosu,
      Pros:
      Plays disciplined/holds edge well
      Does a great job sifting through traffic
      Slippery/fights off blocks well
      High motor
      Uses length to win with leverage.
      Can line up and create push inside
      Reminds me of a stouter, grittier Leonard Floyd

Cons:
      Must to add moves to his arsenal
      Must to get better with his hands
      Lacks elite bend around the high edge
      Needs recovery moves/plan B when initial attack fails.

Final thoughts:
      Would be elated to land him in the 2nd.
      Probably a top-50 prospect.
      Year 1 contributor with high ceiling traits.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

With the 2021 NFL regular season now past the halfway point, we'll take a quick look at a notable player from each team who is trending toward some sort of

Project Franchise Tag Number for WR is $19,127,000.
        Green Bay Packers are $33 million over the cap for 2022. I don't see how they franchise Adams.
        A real-time look at the 2022 salary cap totals for each NFL team, including estimated cap space.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Yeah, I'd say Adams is "peaking". He's on pace to catch 120 passes for 1400 yards this year. He's an excellent route runner and generates separation... something MW doesn't.
          If I were Telesco, I'd be in Super Bowl mode the next 2 or 3 years. Both KA and DA have at least 3 more good/great years in them.

If we are to make a push next year, then RT, EDGE, CB, and IDL should be addressed this off-season. That leaves very little room to draft an impact WR. 4th/5th round WR's will not make an impact. Our 3rd round WR has barely seen the field this year.

I hope Telesco addresses the IDL through free agency. I'd like him to "buy low" a couple of NT's. Linval Joseph was a nice pick up. But he's probably the epitome of "sell high". And the run defense must be fixed before this team makes a SB run.

I'd be going CB/EDGE/RT in rounds 1-3. Rounds 4-7 I'd be fixing our depth problem @ RB, WR, LB, 4i, TE, and even safety.
          I think there’ll be more options at CB in FA than DT, but if TT’s smart he can do both. I wouldn’t balk at a high round CB if one falls in our laps, but a adding a proven ‘Staley-approved’ corner in FA might be the move, then double (or triple) dipping at DB depth in rounds 4-7. We have the picks.

RT seems like the biggest pure need, so I’m hoping for a plug and play DUDE that can be a stalwart with Slater for the next decade.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
            I think there’ll be more options at CB in FA than DT, but if TT’s smart he can do both. I wouldn’t balk at a high round CB if one falls in our laps, but a adding a proven ‘Staley-approved’ corner in FA might be the move, then double (or triple) dipping at DB depth in rounds 4-7. We have the picks.

RT seems like the biggest pure need, so I’m hoping for a plug and play DUDE that can be a stalwart with Slater for the next decade.
            so your advocating Telesco choose RT in the first round because of biggest pure need?

There are some good ones for sure but sprinkled throughout the draft, so instead of making a “Leatherwood” move I would go a #1 corner or elite DE pass rusher to compliment Bosa. Have you seen tape of George Karlafits? He plays with his pants on fire, that’s what this defense needs, Bosa needs and imo biggest pure need and fit.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

so your advocating Telesco choose RT in the first round because of biggest pure need?

There are some good ones for sure but sprinkled throughout the draft, so instead of making a “Leatherwood” move I would go a #1 corner or elite DE pass rusher to compliment Bosa. Have you seen tape of George Karlafits? He plays with his pants on fire, that’s what this defense needs, Bosa needs and imo biggest pure need and fit.
              First of all, don’t put words in my mouth. It’s a wack move and I hate it. I never said I’m advocating a RT in R1, though it wouldn’t be a bad move if the right player were available.

Second of all, how would drafting a RT be a “Leatherwood Move”? Was drafting Wirfs a Leatherwood move? I don’t get your logic. I said I wanted a plug and play RT. Spencer Brown was that and the Bills drafted him in R2. In this draft there are starting caliber RTs through R3. I’m not sure why you think I’d be happy reaching.

Third of all, I’ve been clamoring for Karlaftis since September. Of course I’ve seen his tape. I would take him in a heartbeat over any tackle in the draft besides Evan Neal. He’s a top 10 player in the draft from where I’m sitting. So yeah, Karlaftis would be ideal.

RT is our purest need. We have zero players that can do the job effectively. That’s why a plug and play player is essential. Saying otherwise is ludicrous. But saying that I blindly demand one in R1 is categorically false. Go to the 2022 Draft Discussion thread. I posted my R1-R3 clusters there yesterday.

Spoiler: there’s more than just RTs in the first round.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

point taken and point returned. Leatherwood actually has been invaluable to the Raiders and can play multiple positions. We all scoff at what a bone headed pick but addressed biggest pure need along with supporting other positions across the OL. Has Darrisaw been that much better (taken 6 picks later)? Actually, would say not and they preferred him over Christian as a better fit so, it's not meant to be a slap in the face, but given your response, stand by your assumption that biggest hole is RT which I strongly disagree with.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Leatherwood got relegated to RG because he wasn't cutting it at RT.

For us I'd say it depends on who is on the board for CB, Edge and RT for who should be the pick. Maybe DT is the best player available? Maybe WR? Who knows right now.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-01-2021, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

RT is our purest need. Agreed.

1. RT
                    2. DT
                    3. CB

4.png

OPINION: I am considering Mike Will gone, that is why I moved on WR in the 1st. YMMV.

Jameson Williams - Only Tide WR in history with four 60+ yards TD plays in a season.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

5.png

I would be OK with Nakobe Dean in the 1st and Trevor Penning in the 2nd Round, McCreary as well.

Note: I am infatuated with Kirby Smart's Georgia's defense at the moment. I will be for some time.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Didn't mean to pick Rambo there as I hit the wrong player with my finger but oh well. I'll do 250 more of these, lol and these rankings are funny.

PXL_20211128_162253337.jpg
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-01-2021, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                          Leatherwood got relegated to RG because he wasn't cutting it at RT.

For us I'd say it depends on who is on the board for CB, Edge and RT for who should be the pick. Maybe DT is the best player available? Maybe WR? Who knows right now.
                          Leatherwood struggled early before setting down and adjusting to NFL speed and athleticism, but he was kicked inside to RG because Tom Cable didn’t like fill-in guards (per Dane Brugler). Plan is to move him back to RT next year.

When Oday went down that was the game changer on the right side not Baluga the Whale. A good RG can cover inside deficiency of a developing RT (Norton). Now Pipkins was an absolute disaster, no covering that up. Just find both situations a very interesting dynamic and wonder why the hell Senio Kelemente started LG over Brenden Jamies? When they signed him I said he sucks, and now that’s been verified, make the change. Certain combinations can really impact the outcome of a game.

Comment

Working...
                          X