• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
    I think there’ll be more options at CB in FA than DT, but if TT’s smart he can do both. I wouldn’t balk at a high round CB if one falls in our laps, but a adding a proven ‘Staley-approved’ corner in FA might be the move, then double (or triple) dipping at DB depth in rounds 4-7. We have the picks.

RT seems like the biggest pure need, so I’m hoping for a plug and play DUDE that can be a stalwart with Slater for the next decade.
    My feeling about FA cornerbacks...
    The good ones get re-signed and are rarely available on the free market.
    The one really good CB that could hit the free market would be Darious Williams (Rams)... and only because the Rams have cap issues and probably can't afford to re-sign.

Having said that, he probably will cost $16 million per year. You could probably re-sign Fackrell/Nwosu, Kyzir, Justin Jones, and a FA NT for that price.

We'll have to see which guys get re-signed and who hits the open market.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Leatherwood has always been a very good OG. Not so much as an OT. Raiders reached on Leatherwood.

Leatherwood (43.6 pff) and Darrisaw (66.6) is not a good comp... not even close.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

My feeling about FA cornerbacks...
        The good ones get re-signed and are rarely available on the free market.
        The one really good CB that could hit the free market would be Darious Williams (Rams)... and only because the Rams have cap issues and probably can't afford to re-sign.

Having said that, he probably will cost $16 million per year. You could probably re-sign Fackrell/Nwosu, Kyzir, Justin Jones, and a FA NT for that price.

We'll have to see which guys get re-signed and who hits the open market.
        He’s the one I’ve got my eye on, too. I don’t know about $16M a year though. I haven’t done the comps but that seems way high for a 5’9 corner with a 61 PFF. He’s a little injury plagued right now too, so that’s not helping his value—missed 3 games this year.

Plus…
        He played his best ball under Staley.
        Knows the system.
        We have the bank.
        He wouldn’t have to move.

I don’t see why he wouldn’t be the most likely FA signing of all, besides maybe Sebastian Joseph Day.

From now on, I might just do my mock sims on the assumption we sign both those guys.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Using Spotrac, I used a tool that allows you to view the Chargers' 2022 roster and cap numbers.

From there, you can make cuts (Bulaga, Pipkins)
          You can re-sign Chargers' FA's: (Justin Jones, Kyzir White... etc.)
          Then sign free agents from other teams: (Davante Adams, Sebastian Joseph-Day... etc.)

Here's a look at my preferred team pre-draft (still $27 million in cap room)...

You should play around with it, see what you get with preferred re-signs and free agent pick ups.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

BTW... here is Spotrac's market value for Darious Williams...
            Darious Williams contract and salary cap details, full contract breakdowns, salaries, signing bonus, roster bonus, dead money, and valuations.

They're usually pretty accurate. They were spot on with Corey Linsley's market value last year.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

We’ll see. WJII got signed for 13M. Fuller for under 10M. Williams isn’t having the best season right now. 16M for only one year of proven solid production doesn’t seem right to me.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

My top targets remain Darius Williams, Chandler Jones and Derek Barnett.

In this instance, Spotrac is using the dissimilar Darius Slay and Marcus Peters to establish an obviously inflated price for Darius Williams.

We need to do some double dipping, UFA/Draft, at positions of acute need.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  My top targets remain Darius Williams, Chandler Jones and Derek Barnett.

In this instance, Spotrac is using the dissimilar Darius Slay and Marcus Peters to establish an obviously inflated price for Darius Williams.

We need to do some double dipping, UFA/Draft, at positions of acute need.
                  If we can get Darious Williams and SJD we might be able to afford a luxury pick…

R1. Jameson Williams
                  R2. JJ3
                  R3. Max Mitchell
                  R4. Best RB available
                  Then DL, CB, and other depth pieces.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

If we can get Darious Williams and SJD we might be able to afford a luxury pick…

R1. Jameson Williams
                    R2. JJ3
                    R3. Max Mitchell
                    R4. Best RB available
                    Then DL, CB, and other depth pieces.
                    There's a mantra I keep hearing, albeit faintly.

Sauce--Jermaine--Max.

Getting close to a Golden Mock.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

So, you guys really like him... but not that much...?

GM's and agents both use analytics these days. It is what it is...

Here are the other resources I use...

2022 NFL Team Salary Cap Tracker (to see who is in cap hell and unlikely to re-sign)
                      A real-time look at the 2022 salary cap totals for each NFL team, including estimated cap space.

2022 NFL Free Agents Tracker (to easily navigate teams/players/positions/market values).
                      Tracking the status and signings of all 2023 NFL free agents.

Then I go poaching. Match player/position with "Cap-Hell" team. It's what made Corey Linsley and Matt Feiller 2 of my top targets last year. Also had my eye on Aboushi, too.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

There's a mantra I keep hearing, albeit faintly.

Sauce--Jermaine--Max.

Getting close to a Golden Mock.
                        I'd be very happy with that. I doubt Sauce and JJ are around at our pick. I prefer Abraham Lucas over Max.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

I definitely like Lucas, Nutty.
                          ORT is his position.

Comment

Working...
                          X