• Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Targets not converted:

Adams = 34
    Allen = 32
    MDub = 32

Imagine if you drafted Woody's guy (Demus) in the 4th round. 4 WR sets: KA, DA, Palmer, Demus. Nearly unstoppable. Early leads would make opponents one-dimensional and save us from run-heavy offenses.
    Targets converted can be very misleading. Disregard imo. Even Keenan has said MW has the best hands.
    You do realize a throw away on purpose counts as a target to the WR in the vicinity, just as it counts as a incomplete.pass for a QB..... for one example.

Highly doubt we will pursue DA. Do think we will try to keep MW. If we can, we will see. But if he leaves I still don't think we will pursue DA.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      All of you.

I am not understanding this as a roster building strategy. You are like crazed housewives with credit cards.

Why do you think we drafted Palmer and McKitty ? It was known MW and Cook were one year propositions.

There is one football for Herb to distribute. We do not need mega production from anyone new to the locker room.

KA. EK. Parham. Palmer. McKitty. Draft a WR. That's my humble projection.

UFA WRs are fools gold. Marty had his David Boston.

Invest in filling holes and overall depth. Build on top of the foundation that is here. Yunggins will emerge--count on it.

Respectfully counter-argued,
      wisdom of wu
      My only crazy spending would be on Davante Adams. And he would be replacing a player slated to make $15 million anyways (MDub).
      My other FA targets would be 1-techs (Sebastian Joseph-Day and Austin Johnson) to replace Linval Joseph.
      Joseph-Day and Austin Johnson made $2.2 million and $3 million respectively last year... compared to Linval's $11.9 million.

Justin Jones and Kyzir White would be my in-house "must re-signs".
      I wouldn't re-sign: Mike Williams, Chris Harris Jr, Linval Joseph, Brandon Cook.

Relatively cheap in-house re-signs:
      Aboushi
      Fackrell/Nwosu
      Hopkins
      Daniel
      Overton
      Anderson
      Parham
      Hall
      Maybe Campbell
      Maybe Guyton

That's depth. The draft is for open spots (RT, CB, EDGE) and depth (11 picks...?)

You know better than to compare Davante Adams to David Boston...

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Targets converted can be very misleading. Disregard imo. Even Keenan has said MW has the best hands.
        You do realize a throw away on purpose counts as a target to the WR in the vicinity, just as it counts as a incomplete.pass for a QB..... for one example.

Highly doubt we will pursue DA. Do think we will try to keep MW. If we can, we will see. But if he leaves I still don't think we will pursue DA.
        If I disregard anything, it would be throw-aways. So infrequent and distributed to KA as much as MW.
        Hands is not really the problem... I believe all have very good hands. My problem with MW is separation. He's not great route runner. Hasn't shown much improvement in that area IMO.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

I'd resign MW....try anyways, and then extend Derwin with that savings of 8-9 mil by not giving it to Adams. Look for a vet CB to sign and maybe a TE but I haven't looked at the free agent lists.
          Thinking we will sign a DT too but like Nutty said, someone like Joseph-Day. Not a high dollar guy.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

My only crazy spending would be on Davante Adams. And he would be replacing a player slated to make $15 million anyways (MDub).
            My other FA targets would be 1-techs (Sebastian Joseph-Day and Austin Johnson) to replace Linval Joseph.
            Joseph-Day and Austin Johnson made $2.2 million and $3 million respectively last year... compared to Linval's $11.9 million.

Justin Jones and Kyzir White would be my in-house "must re-signs".
            I wouldn't re-sign: Mike Williams, Chris Harris Jr, Linval Joseph, Brandon Cook.

Relatively cheap in-house re-signs:
            Aboushi
            Fackrell/Nwosu
            Hopkins
            Daniel
            Overton
            Anderson
            Parham
            Hall
            Maybe Campbell
            Maybe Guyton

That's depth. The draft is for open spots (RT, CB, EDGE) and depth (11 picks...?)

You know better than to compare Davante Adams to David Boston...
            Agreed. The biceps are just not there. :lol:

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

BTW Woody, while I like your FA targets (Chandler Jones and Darious Williams)... their combined market values are $31.6 million.
              I might be able to get Davante Adams, Sebastian Joseph-Day, and Austin Johnson for that.
              Mr. Crazy Housewife...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

BTW Woody, while I like your FA targets (Chandler Jones and Darious Williams)... their combined market values are $31.6 million.
                I might be able to get Davante Adams, Sebastian Joseph-Day, and Austin Johnson for that.
                Mr. Crazy Housewife...
                Chandler Jones and Joey Bosa together brings major impact.

Sebastian Joseph-Day has a good name for a daytime soap opera star. Hallmark Channel on line 2.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Mr. Crazy Housewife...
                  Would love to sign him. I see maybe 2 splash signings at best but not someone for 24 mil a year lol, ..... and then extend our own.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

TPB Welcome Team OTE=Boltjolt;n1281119]
                    Would love to sign him. I see maybe 2 splash signings at best but not someone for 24 mil a year lol, ..... and then extend our own.[/QUOTE]

Derek Barnett is my bargain contract target.
                    One year show me.
                    Lots of good takes goin' on here.
                    We got personnel gurus at TPB
                    :nod:

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      TPB Welcome Team =Boltjolt;n1281119]
                      Would love to sign him. I see maybe 2 splash signings at best but not someone for 24 mil a year lol, ..... and then extend our own.
                      Derek Barnett is my bargain contract target.
                      One year show me.
                      Lots of good takes goin' on here.
                      We got personnel gurus at TPB
                      :nod:
                      Of course we all could be wrong but just the way I think Telesco goes about it. He hasn't been super aggressive but,....I think maybe 2 splash signings, extend our own and see what we have left from there and add some key guys who will play often. Or even if it's depth
                      Our depth isn't that good.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Of course we all could be wrong but just the way I think Telesco goes about it. He hasn't been super aggressive but,....I think maybe 2 splash signings, extend our own and see what we have left from there and add some key guys even if it's depth.
                        Our depth isn't that good.
                        Would love to trade up.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Broncos game so far...

Two 3-and-outs...
                          Can't stop the run...

Neither of those things should be happening. Fix the problems.

Comment

Working...
                          X