• Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    Broncos game so far...

Two 3-and-outs...
    Can't stop the run...

Neither of those things should be happening. Fix the problems.
    It’s crazy the difference
    Matt Feiler makes.

Crazy.

OL went from above average
    to 2020-level really quick.

Keep Feiler at LG
    and draft a damn starting RT
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

haven't read the threads, so don't know what the group think is here, and.... did watch the game, and.... JH10 looked closer to PR17 than ever, and....

how much of that was due to the Line ?? and funny how the announcers made light of the decimated tackle position of the Broncs, but failed to mention that we were @half strength ourselves along the entire line.

and know we are pointing to the D and lamenting our depth and some starters there, and.... don't think that's the starting point.... @least not for me, and.... (amazing intercept by Derwin !!)

first and foremost our success runs thru JH10, and given the such I go back to the trenches, and quite possibly picks one and two, which for me would be Zion Johnson and Faalele.... ED be damned.

would love me some Jermaine Johnson, but have to believe that Herbert's struggles are related to some of the guys on the line who got rag dolled and trolled like wooden soldiers.

and re: FA, think the answer is slow and steady and not to overspend anywhere, and to nab the mid tier value signings, and then fill in from there w/good talent that offers value.... am thinking CB, WR, IDL, ED and maybe even LB, S, K and def @RB.

day three am looking P, K, IDL, ED, RB, LB and maybe TE & WR ??

and no matter what we do in FA, we cannot count on that, as @least four of our prized signings are unavailable due to injury.... we have to hit on our picks.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Without a quality RT, our OL is a work in progress.

That statement is amplified when one of our quality pieces (Feiler) is missing.

On the flip side, our pass rush came up with one sack (one!?) against a decimated OL and a 3rd string LT.

This game was lost in the trenches, as were the losses versus the Ravens, Patriots, and Cowboys.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

QB * JH10 * there is no doubt we have our guy as face of the franchise going forward
          RB * Ekeler * after that everything is on the table, albeit do think that the all of Kelly, Rountree and Bradwell could be capable, albeit again and speaking for myself, do see the all of 'em as better than they have shown so far.... would be looking to double dip, @least once in FA, and then in the draft again
          FB * haven't seen enough from Nabers to deem him a roster spot ??
          WR * Keenan, Palmer * think those are the only locks going forward, as not on the MW b'wagon, and not sure of Guyton either, and as would again be looking in the both of FA and the draft
          TE * Jared Cook, Parham, McKitty * not on the SA bandwagon either, as really think we need to replace the HH contribution, and would rather have Cook on the roster to tide us over for the if and when we are able to land that guy going forward
          OT * Slater, Feiler * might be a priority, but don't see that guy landing in our laps w/this draft, and not sure I want to pile FAs on top of FAs on our Oline, and.... not sure 'bout Faalele, but do like his intangibles, and know that there is no shortage of fodder for this forum when it comes to tackle prospects for us next go 'round
          OG * Aboushi, Jaimes, Schofield * not sure 'bout Scho stickin' around, but Kelemente was no help for Herbie today.... def looking @Zion Johnson in the draft.... not lookin' in FA here
          OC * Linsley * dude is under contract, but still would be nervous counting on him for a season of twentysomething games next season, and think the Qberry has run its course....Linderbaum would be amazing, and know some y'all like some other guys later in the program.... nervous time for me here, as might be forced to be looking for a combo IOL in FA as a hedge for Corey ??
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

NT * love me some Linval, but think you've got to leave this spot wide open given his availability of marginal returns and lack of a back up as Feheko has more ?s than not, and so.... def fishin' in FA for someone here, and then again in the draft
            DT * Justin Jones, Tillery, Covington * am leanin' an MW fifth year type signing for Jerry as do like his mindset, it's just that he has little to no leverage in the run game, and so would be double dippin' again here in both FA and in the draft
            ED * Joey, Fackrell, Rumph * you could move Joey inside and pretty much solve the 4T position, and then double dip in FA and the draft for edge defenders
            ILB * Murray * not sure I see anyone on the roster that am overly good with, and as would love me some Palaie Gaotete IV in the draft, and.... don't see K9 on the Edge, and am open to trading him
            OLB * Kyzir, Drue, AO, Niemann * we def have the bodies here, and think we're fine, relatively speaking
            CB * Asante, Tevaughn, Kemon, Mike D. * am double dippin' here as well for CB, as think @the end of the day that Samuel is our .05 slot corner
            S * Derwin, Adderley, Mark Webb * think DJ and the Nas are finding their level, and willing to give Webb the benefit of the doubt, but have my doubts 'bout Alohi, and.... thinkin' FA might be the best place to add to the roster here ??

K * yep, def on the lookout for a FA kicker here
            P * Ty Long * don't think this guy is the problem, and do think Araiza is gonna cost @least a day two pick (Packer friend of mine is willing to spend a first), and like another guy as well here
            LS * Overton

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

overall, am looking for starters in FA.... on D am on the lookout for a fab five.... NT, DT, ED, ILB and S.

on O am lookin' out for a starting RB and WR, and could possibly be looking backup IOL that can play both guard and center.

in the draft am pretty set on IOL w/Zion Johnson my mainstay, albeit Linderbaum has some big time merits.

after that am hesitant 'round Faalele, and like what I see of Jermaine Johnson, albeit doubt he is there for us round two ??

do like the both of Josh Jobe and Cade Otton, albeit there is the (slight) chance that they could be available rounds 3/4 ??

and assuredly the DJ (Daniel Jeremiah) tide will lift all boats and we will have a clearer idea of who we might draft then....

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Draft: Obviously this is fluid and will probably be changed many times.

1st: CB Roger McCreary. When I drafted, Ikem Ekwonu was off the board... along with Cross, Karlaftis, Linderbaum, and Green... something I think will happen in reality. McCreary is good in man and zone. Also has experience as a gunner on special teams. A good tackler as well... which Staley likes in a CB.
                2nd: Edge Jermaine Johnson. Strong against the run, sets the edge. Played for teams that develop pass rushers (Georgia and Florida State). Needs to develop more pass rush moves but can rush the passer (7.5 sacks thus far).
                3rd: RT Abraham Lucas. I like him more than most people. Good feet, good angles, and can get to the 2nd level. Movement abilities make him perfect for the outside zone scheme we run.
                4th: RB Zamir White. Productive and versatile. Competes with FA Alex Collins for #2 RB. Nice depth. Let Kelly and Roundtree compete for the #4 RB.
                5th: S Smoke Monday. Depth at safety and can be a dime/nickel LB in certain packages. Good special teams candidate.
                #203: LB Mike Rose. Good run defender. Depth at ILB. Good special teams candidate.
                #215: DT Corey Durden. Depth along the DL. I like him a lot. Not sure if he'd be there @#215.
                #216: TE James Mitchell. Enjoys blocking, understands the importance of downfield blocking. Can be a good receiving TE. Lets Parham, McKitty, and Anderson get on the field.
                #220: WR Emeka Emezie. I like him a lot more than most people.. He was on my radar last year. Not sure if he lasts until #220.
                #245: DE Tyler Johnson. Depth behind Bosa. Strong and can set the edge. Needs to develop as a pass rusher (3 sacks so far).
                #256: Mr. Irrelevent! Pick a position for depth.

https://247sports.com/college/florid...ear-176703841/

EDGE Jermaine Johnson PFF's ACC Defensive Player of The Year

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

https://247sports.com/college/florid...ear-176703841/

EDGE Jermaine Johnson PFF's ACC Defensive Player of The Year
                  We need this guy. Nwosu has flashes, but he’s not powerful enough to be a bully and he’s not twitchy enough to be a speed guy. Sometimes he looks downright lethargic.

JJ3 looks twitchy and high motor.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

It’s crazy the difference
                    Matt Feiler makes.

Crazy.

OL went from above average
                    to 2020-level really quick.

Keep Feiler at LG
                    and draft a damn starting RT
                    Yeah, I'd have to agree. RT in the 1st 3 rounds.

BTW...

Mike Williams last Sunday = Caught 4 out 8 targets for 39 yards.
                    Davante Adams last Sunday = Caught 8 of 9 targets for 104 yards.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

BTW...

Not saying Dub is better, but Davonte is peaking now. TT seems like like a buy low, sell high kinda guy. Am I wrong? Plus, we can’t have our 2 best WRs going into their 30s in a year (Davonte turns 29 in 3 weeks and Keenan will be 30 next spring). I dunno. It’d be risky for the price, but oh so tempting.

And as much as I like Jameson Williams and Jahan Dotson, we can’t afford tail fins when our axle is broken.

1. DL/OL
                      2. Edge/CB

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

BTW...

GREEN BAY PACKERS

Aaron Rodgers, QB /Davante Adams, WR

One of the best duos in the history of the game each come with a major question mark for 2022. Rodgers of course being rumored to demanding a trade post 2021, and Adams a pending free agent. Rodgers carries a strong $27M cash payout for 2022, so it’s conceivable that he could play out the contract then hit free agency, but will the Packers allow that? A franchise tag is likely looming for Adams, but will they offer him a multi-year deal with the QB position in flux?

With the 2021 NFL regular season now past the halfway point, we'll take a quick look at a notable player from each team who is trending toward some sort of

Project Franchise Tag Number for WR is $19,127,000.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

We need this guy. Nwosu has flashes, but he’s not powerful enough to be a bully and he’s not twitchy enough to be a speed guy. Sometimes he looks downright lethargic.

JJ3 looks twitchy and high motor.

EDGE Jermaine Johnson Every snap vs. Notre Dame. I've even seen him flash a spin move. He's quick-twitch, has length, far more physical at the point of attack at EDGE than Nwosu,

Comment

Working...
                          X