• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Reposting Kapadia's draft rules for round 1.
    I like the LB/DT line.

Should also be a line about drafting a punter or kicker in the first three rounds.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
      Good as last off season was for the Chargers both in free agency and the draft, would have to admit bring disappointed with overall record and missing playoffs the way they did it.

So far this off season in free agency has matched that level of investment and hopefully future success. Two days and two weeks before the draft and so far no consensus, not a player or even a position. People keep saying BPA and I hate that. It should be about drafting biggest playmaker available based on fit and need.

Jordan Davis would complete DL rebuild

Derek Stingley the CB room

there isn’t OT @ #17 best playmaker/who fits

so comes down to who is left on the board or who they trade up to get, Jordan or Derek.
      That's what I think !

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargerfreak View Post

He proved last year he is absolutely an RB1. COMPLETELY snubbed for the Pro Bowl.

I join you in begging for an RB2/spell Ekeler running back. He goes down and we are in pain.
        He was #6 in total yards but only #12 in rushing. #12 in rushing isn’t bad but its not pro bowl and they still select RBs for the pro bowl based on rushing.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
          Good as last off season was for the Chargers both in free agency and the draft, would have to admit bring disappointed with overall record and missing playoffs the way they did it.

So far this off season in free agency has matched that level of investment and hopefully future success. Two days and two weeks before the draft and so far no consensus, not a player or even a position. People keep saying BPA and I hate that. It should be about drafting biggest playmaker available based on fit and need.

Jordan Davis would complete DL rebuild

Derek Stingley the CB room

there isn’t OT @ #17 best playmaker/who fits

so comes down to who is left on the board or who they trade up to get, Jordan or Derek.
          There is OG possible at 17, best in the draft, Kenyon. If Stingley and Davis are both gone, will likely be there. Game changer? Coaches, chime in.

Comment

• Chargerfreak
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

He was #6 in total yards but only #12 in rushing. #12 in rushing isn’t bad but its not pro bowl and they still select RBs for the pro bowl based on rushing.
            Should be body of work. 70 catches too ?? Our RB1 isn't everybody else's RB1, and that's just fine with us. They can't find him on the line of scrimmage, and then he's the Little Train that Could.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

There is OG possible at 17, best in the draft, Kenyon. If Stingley and Davis are both gone, will likely be there. Game changer? Coaches, chime in.
              I actually prefer Zion...physically superior in everyway, and very intelligent...however, Kenyons tape is great too...a pro strength program may unlock even more potential in this kid, as he has a great frame...so higher ceiling? Anyway, sexy pick or not, I like em both.
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I like the LB/DT line.

Should also be a line about drafting a punter or kicker in the first three rounds.
                thats a good one

All of them make sense actually. Even was the WR productive in college.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

I would, and its a great discussion you guys are having on it. Here's my take:

It's a hell of a spot. By that I mean I fully understand how devalued RB's are in the passing league of the NFL today. HOWEVER, devalued means second or third rounds will get you quality. After that, the quality really drops off. These guys have been evaluated to the hilt. Their rankings are pretty solid. OF COURSE there are lower ranked players sometimes that rise to the top. We don't have time for "sometimes". ALL IN NOW !!!!
                  Where do you think that value drops off this year...?

Last year, it seemed to drop off after the early 2nd round (Najee, Entienne, JaVonte).
                  Trey Sermon went in the 3rd.
                  Michael Carter, Chubba Hubbard, and Rhomondre Stephonson went in the 4th.

But were those 3rd and 4th rounders really any better than Kenneth Gainwell (5th), Elijah Mithchell (6th), or Khalil Herbert (6th)...?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

If its OG at 17 - I am probably trading back for sure if there is a partner.

Comment

• Chargerfreak
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Where do you think that value drops off this year...?

Last year, it seemed to drop off after the early 2nd round (Najee, Entienne, JaVonte).
                      Trey Sermon went in the 3rd.
                      Michael Carter, Chubba Hubbard, and Rhomondre Stephonson went in the 4th.

But were those 3rd and 4th rounders really any better than Kenneth Gainwell (5th), Elijah Mithchell (6th), or Khalil Herbert (6th)...?
                      Top 8ish RB's through the first 3 rounds, and then don't trust the rest. It may be as high as 10 ? There may literally be no RB's in the first round. So if we get to the 4th round it might be Joshua Kelley's friends all in there.........................

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Once you get passed the 3rd round, every pick becomes less and less likely to survive the NFL. Since we have only 2 picks in the first 3 rounds, which position can you not do without?
                        IMO, one of those positions is RT. So which is the other position that needs quality depth (round 3)...? IMO, I'd rather have depth @CB, S, EDGE, and WR before I start thinking about RB depth.

IMO, Marlon Mack is not "quality depth". He has 37 combined touches the last 2 years.
                        Justin Jackson has 168 touches over that same period.
                        Neither is super durable... but the numbers in that category favor JJ.
                        Even JJ's career numbers are better in regards to ypc. 5.0 ypc for JJ and 4.4 ypc for MM.

And, although a small sample size, we do know what it would look like if Ekeler is out.
                        I know it was the Texans, but... JJ's stat line was 11 carries for 54 years (5.8 ypc) and 8 catches for 98 yards. 2 rushing TD's.
                        I'm on record as hoping we bring back JJ AND draft a mid/ate round RB.

I don't know if you read the quote about Staley's running philosophy I posted earlier... but it doesn't sound as if the plan @RB is to draft a RB in the 1st or 3rd rounds. I suspect he wants to build his OL and secondary before worrying about a "complimentary" RB...
                        I get we would love to have 3 starter quality WRs. Rodgers seems to always have that and Ben has had nice stables as well. Bills have that. Palmer I think is going to be a good one and I do like some others in the mid to later rounds but we do not know what they think of Reed and Ffrench.

I wouldn't rule them out as nobodies. Reed can play and was used in the offense as a rookie and also got a couple or few carries. I don't know what injury he had last year that kept him out but he is signed and they kept him.

That said sure I'd love a Wandale Robinson type who has good YAC ability. Just think RB is a weaker position and doubt we go WR in round 1. Staley also said they need to get better production from RB 2 and I'm not sure that means roll the dice I'm the late rounds,..... again.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Should be body of work. 70 catches too ?? Our RB1 isn't everybody else's RB1, and that's just fine with us. They can't find him on the line of scrimmage, and then he's the Little Train that Could.
                          I don’t disagree, just guessing at the reason(s).
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X